Organizing for America Recruiting in High Schools

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH,

In the middle of a fucking war for lies some schools had recruitment centers on campus.

There was a real impact on young lives who were fooled into thinking they were protecting their country.

I know kids who are now DEAD because of these efforts.

How many kids will DIE for the posted program?

I don't agree with the Iraq war anymore than you do. That much is certain.

But this doesn't mean that the military can't and shouldn't still continue its recruiting efforts.

Not everyone who recruits is going to war.

The point of this thread is that there is a political agenda to the program, and the military is not a political agenda. They need recruits whether its a dem or a repub in the oval office. That will never change.

Do you expect the branches of the military to stop recruiting because some people don't agree with a current war? That's ridiculous.

pac·i·fism (ps-fzm)
n.
1. The belief that disputes between nations should and can be settled peacefully.

This part I wouldl say yes to.

I am also a realist and recognize that throughout history there were times when war was the only option in response to the conditions.

I would not refuse to fight in a just war.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH,

In the middle of a fucking war for lies some schools had recruitment centers on campus.

There was a real impact on young lives who were fooled into thinking they were protecting their country.

But this doesn't mean that the military can't and shouldn't still continue its recruiting efforts.

The point of this thread is that there is a political agenda to the program, and the military is not a political agenda. They need recruits whether its a dem or a repub in the oval office. That will never change.

Do you expect the branches of the military to stop recruiting because some people don't agree with a current war? That's ridiculous.

I dont think any military recruiting should take place on any campus.

The kids are there to learn and not to be talked into going to war.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH,

You're spinning the process. The recruiter is not there talking anyone into "going to war". They are there talking them into joining the military. Not everyone who joins the military goes to war.

They are offering an alternative to college, or to the daily grind that many non-college bound students will choose. And because college is not for every student, it presents them with an option for their future. Just like if there was a job fair there, and a company was recruiting students to work THERE.

You're looking at the situation with tunnel vision.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH,

"The kids are there to learn?"

About what? Geometry? How many employers wanna see their Geometry grade before they're hired?

You are an imbecile if you think any kid is in highschool to learn.

AT BEST, They're there because they'll get a better job with a diploma.

Why should Army Recruiters be any different than GM, or Dyna-Nobel, or GE, or Lockheed or Boeing Recruiters?

Well it doesn't look like they are doing any charity work. It's all about the DNC, as I suspected.

Internship with Organizing for America

Organizing for America is the spinoff from the Obama campaign that is now an arm of the national Democratic party. Interns with OFA learn "political mobilization skills essential for any campaign and experience the power of grassroots community organizing firsthand."

Interns with OFA learn "political mobilization skills essential for any campaign and experience the power of grassroots community organizing firsthand."

The following is from their mailing on this opportunity:

"Apply for a Spring 2010 internship before the December 18th deadline.

President Obama has always encouraged young Americans to believe they can be change makers. If you are passionate about reviving the economy, making the United States a global leader in clean energy, and want to be in the heart of politics, apply for an OFA internship. No prior experience is necessary.

Learn more and apply today to help mobilize Americans for the changes we need:"
University of Puget Sound, Politics and Government

Organizing for America | BarackObama.com | Organizing for America Intern Application

I hope those parents make a stink.

Well it doesn't look like they are doing any charity work. It's all about the DNC, as I suspected.

Internship with Organizing for America

Organizing for America is the spinoff from the Obama campaign that is now an arm of the national Democratic party. Interns with OFA learn "political mobilization skills essential for any campaign and experience the power of grassroots community organizing firsthand."

Interns with OFA learn "political mobilization skills essential for any campaign and experience the power of grassroots community organizing firsthand."

The following is from their mailing on this opportunity:

"Apply for a Spring 2010 internship before the December 18th deadline.

President Obama has always encouraged young Americans to believe they can be change makers. If you are passionate about reviving the economy, making the United States a global leader in clean energy, and want to be in the heart of politics, apply for an OFA internship. No prior experience is necessary.

Learn more and apply today to help mobilize Americans for the changes we need:"
University of Puget Sound, Politics and Government
Organizing for America | BarackObama.com | Organizing for America Intern Application

I hope those parents make a stink.
What you linked to above does not match what was posted in your OP...and in fact it is from 2008 during the campaign.

It surprises me that you of all people are taken in by lies.

The quote was from the university which is linked within the quote. The application from OFA is linked below it. I checked out the website The college internship (which I have no problem with) is the same as the high school one (which I do).

I'd prefer if people actually said what they thought rather than attacking the source. If you have any info on what a positive impact this will have on a community, please share. Thank you.

The quote was from the university which is linked within the quote. The application from OFA is linked below it. I checked out the website The college internship (which I have no problem with) is the same as the high school one (which I do).

I'd prefer if people actually said what they thought rather than attacking the source. If you have any info on what a positive impact this will have on a community, please share. Thank you.
Fair enough. You prove to me that the document you linked to in your OP actually exists and that it is the doing of Obama and not some silly high school club and I'll get back to you.

I never suggested that Obama was behind it. Good Lord - the man has a few more important things on his plate.

What I am asking is if this should be allowed in a public high school and if not, should the teacher be reprimanded?

You think this a good thing?

Oh brother...

I wonder if you feel the same way about Military recruiters. :eusa_think:

Verdict: Non-issue. Plenty of groups came into my high school and had a little signup sheet for stuff,etc. Most kids ignored it. The kids who were interested, likely were in the first place. Most saw it as a way to get a free pen. :eusa_eh:

Last edited:
Yes They come to my school and don't bother anyone Sometimes they are graduates who get to say hi to their old teachers in uniform I think its nice. They give out lanyards now.

Yes They come to my school and don't bother anyone Sometimes they are graduates who get to say hi to their old teachers in uniform I think its nice. They give out lanyards now.

Okay, and these people are bothering kids? I'd like to see the link on that one.

Also Chanel, may I recommend stop using sites like WND or blogs that are not credible sources for stories? I figure you're not a wingnut, but using their sources does you no good.

It's like I said, as a person who was in High School last year, it's a non-issue. Nobody's forcing them to join, and kids for the most part do not care. You seem to forget the apathy that is constant in my generation in large amounts.

I never suggested that Obama was behind it. Good Lord - the man has a few more important things on his plate.

What I am asking is if this should be allowed in a public high school and if not, should the teacher be reprimanded?
Perhaps then you should rethink your posts.

What teacher are you talking about?

Honestly, I am sickened by the right wing spin machine.

Forum List

Back