Organic Food

Syren, I grow my own veggies, can and freeze them for the year. I even dehyrate peppers and tomatoes. We have blueberry bushes, apple trees, muscadine vines and fig trees. There is a huge difference in the taste but not because they don't use pesticides, it's because most organic farms are much smaller and you pay for the cost of the individual care. I assure you my veggies are tastier than any store bought organic. Even as careful as we are, I have to sometimes resort to bug control, the aphids will destroy a pepper plant in a hurry. All I ever use is homemade insecticidal soap and if necessary a product called Organicide made from sesame oil. It's edible, I could cook with it if it didn't smell like fish. LOL

We eat wild turkey, fresh caught fish from a private lake, venison and chicken and eggs from a neighbor. Can't get much more organic than that. :lol:

I hate you biatch!!!! I am just green with jealousy!!! :tongue:

Oh i agree....and that was what i was asking about taste testing. I know for many things the taste and flavor of "organic" products is far superior to mass produced.

Ever try populating your garden with ladybugs and praying mantises? We can get them our our garden store.....

use earthworms to give the ground more nutrients?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.organicgardening.com%2Flearn-and-grow%2Funderstanding-earthworms&ei=2z1GUJT3CJGI6AHs5oH4Cw&usg=AFQjCNHU-5Rhqs8fjUPhvZBSu5Ckbs27HA

They love coffee grounds. Its like earthworm crack! :tongue:

When I grow my garden I use no pesticides at all.

If you grow tomatoes you can plant marijuana in with the tomato plants and the worms will attack the marijuana and leave the tomatoes totally worm free. The marijuana will be eaten right down to the roots.

I once decided to spring for organic peaches hoping that they would taste more like I remember peaches tasting than the hard bland peaches of today. No difference. I shouldn't have bothered.

Organic food no healthier than non-organic: study - Yahoo! News Canada

Hmmmm, so liberals you're "science" is not rebuking the organic orgasm, so which is true? Organic is better or not? That's why I LOOOOOVE these studies

I want to know where my food comes from and what's been done to it.

I'll skip the GMO crap and the heavy duty pesticides thank you very much.

Don't even get me started on meat. I'll suffice it to say that if you buy meat and poultry from a supermarket, you're an idiot.

Hmmmm, so liberals you're "science" is not rebuking the organic orgasm, so which is true? Organic is better or not? That's why I LOOOOOVE these studies

Don't even get me started on meat. I'll suffice it to say that if you buy meat and poultry from a supermarket, you're an idiot.

i woldnt go that far, here in jersey our food is regulated a lot and a lot of rules are follwoed at the stores i am familiar with *relatives work there* and to a point i make to people "who are inspecting these local farms" sorry but if farmer pete wants to piss on my watermelon "is he making it more organic"?

Dag nabbit. I hate agreeing with you:lol:

I once decided to spring for organic peaches hoping that they would taste more like I remember peaches tasting than the hard bland peaches of today. No difference. I shouldn't have bothered.

Did you get them at a supermarket chain like safeway....or at a farmers market?

i woldnt go that far, here in jersey our food is regulated a lot and a lot of rules are follwoed at the stores i am familiar with *relatives work there* and to a point i make to people "who are inspecting these local farms" sorry but if farmer pete wants to piss on my watermelon "is he making it more organic"?

You may want beef products not fit for consumption unless they are are soaked in ammonia that the FDA says are perfectly healthy to eat but I don't.

So it turns out organic food is no more healthy for you than non-organic. Gee, with all the extra money you spent on organic food you could have bought health insurance! :lol:

I think they must be talking about vegetables and fruit in that study, because organic meat is a really, really good deal both price- and taste-wise.

The only difference in taste I find between organic food and non-organic is when it comes to meat.

Mmmmm...meat.

I buy a big ol' hunk of cow from a local farmer each year. The cows are grass fed and all that happy stuff, and they raise only two cows a year. My friends and I buy all the beef from those two cows. And we get to choose what cuts we want the butcher to make.

The taste is infinitely better than what you get in the store. In fact, I can no longer stand the taste of store meat.

Same with chickens.

But even better, the beef I buy is CHEAPER than store meat. Hell, I'm paying less for steak than most people are paying for ground beef.

I will be picking up this year's ration in just a couple weeks.

I highly recommend you find a local farmer who raises grass-fed cows organically and trying it for yourself.

Buy a couple of those 7 cubic foot chest freezers. They are real cheap. A half cow will fill one of those freezers, and you can store chickens and veggies in the other one.

If a half cow is too much, you can buy a quarter cow.

You will thank me. Seriously, as soon as you take your first bite of an organic steak, you will be saying, "Hoooly shit!"

Last edited:
So it turns out organic food is no more healthy for you than non-organic. Gee, with all the extra money you spent on organic food you could have bought health insurance! :lol:

I think they must be talking about vegetables and fruit in that study, because organic meat is a really, really good deal both price- and taste-wise.

The only difference in taste I find between organic food and non-organic is when it comes to meat.

Mmmmm...meat.

I buy a big ol' hunk of cow from a local farmer each year. The cows are grass fed and all that happy stuff, and they raise only two cows a year. My friends and I buy all the beef from those two cows. And we get to choose what cuts we want the butcher to make.

The taste is infinitely better than what you get in the store. In fact, I can no longer stand the taste of store meat.

Same with chickens.

But even better, the beef I buy is CHEAPER than store meat. Hell, I'm paying less for steak than most people are paying for ground beef.

I highly recommend you find a local farmer who raises grass-fed cows organically and trying it for yourself.

Buy a couple of those 7 cubic foot chest freezers. They are real cheap. A half cow will fill one of those freezers, and you can store chickens and veggies in the other one.

You will thank me. Seriously, as soon as you take your first bite of an organic steak, you will be saying, "Hoooly shit!"

What state do you live in? I tell ya...i have wanted to do the whole cow and hog thing for a while....

But i live in CA.... and prices of doing that are sky high.

Mmmmm...meat.

Same with chickens.

I heard most of you progressives/liberals know all about organic meat...:D

No I just make fun of liberal politics masquerading as science and how all these "Studies" are jokes, because they're not real science.

Also what are we supposed to die of? I'm thinking since we are older we have more cancer, because well, we cant live forever....or can we?

I am thinking that people in their 20's and 30's get cancer, all the way up to "old," so.....yea good "point."

And this study doesn't mean shit. People don't buy organic because they think there's more vitamins in them, I've never met a person who didn't do it to avoid the chemicals. And, your study reinforces their reasoning, rendering this thread retarded, and immature.

Oh please organic food people are almost as nazistic as vegans, which is just a bunch of crap.
Pretty sure o' that, are you??

March 29, 2013

Home Illegally Searched For Pot

keystne3.jpg

Forum List

Back