Organ Dough-ner

You know the answer to that.

Yes, I do. But I don't recall you giving your opinion on this subject - I am going to go out on a limb, and going by what I know about you already, guess that you would be opposed to this?

Of course I would, because I value human life.

I could say that I value human life as well, but because I am pro choice, you would disagree with me.

But I am glad that we have this one issue we can agree on.

To say the least. So we see that 'controlling what people do with their bodies' is necessary and good in certain circumstances.

Sometimes necessary. It just depends on what circumstances you consider it to be necessary.

'Where human life is at stake' seems a reasonable guide.

Aah, but I see one life as being more important. You see one as being a little more important, and that is why we disagree. :)

This would be a moot issue if we got rid of money. :eusa_angel: When you all understand what is of true value, then this issue will resolve itself. Laws no longer become necessary.

Last edited:
This would be a moot issue if we got rid of money. :eusa_angel: When you all understand what is of true value, then this issue will resolve itself. Laws no longer become necessary.

The meds can't help you unless you actually take them.

The community notes your vacuous Ad hominem attack devoid useful philosophical or intellectual content.

Thank you for proving my point. Your total devotion to the material universe is instructive. :clap2:

Not being able to imagine a different paradigm, locked into this framework compels you to think in stark of either or terms on nearly every issue, never seeing alternative solutions.

You would make a very good politician, but a poor solver of the worlds problems.
albert-einstein-einstein-einstein-quote-imagination-logic-Favim.com-354340.jpg

Should it be legal for people to sell their own organs? Upon their demise? While they are still alive?

To sell while they are still alive I would say no, because there are too many moral arguments. For example, if someone is poor and needs to pay off a loan, they might sell a kidney to pay off that debt. Depending on the price a kidney costs, only rich people are likely to afford these organs, meaning the poor would be more likely to feel the need to donate them. So its no to organ donation while the person is alive.

Upon death though...that is different. We already have the right to donate our organs upon our death, although this is seen as a gift, not as something you have to pay for. However, the same argument could apply - if organs cannot be donated voluntarily, rich people would still be the only people who could afford them.

If you made it optional, and the person could decide whether their organs cost money, a couple of things could happen - the rich would be the first to offer money because again, they would be more likely to afford it. You could possibly have those people refuse your organs because they preferred to wait for someone else to die, whose organs they didn't have to pay for.

I am sure that was a long enough answer to your question and I hope you can understand what I am trying to say here. :)

So your down with removing fetuses but not organs. That's consistent.

The community notes your vacuous Ad hominem attack devoid useful philosophical or intellectual content.

The only "community" you speak for is the horde of voices screaming in your head.

"Philosophical or intellectual content" LOL! :lol::lol::lol: That's pretty funny coming from you, fruitcake. Go take your meds.

We are a capitalist society.

The doctors make money off the transplant, hospitals make money, drug companies make money. None of them provide their services because it is the right thing to do

Why should the organ donor?

Should it be legal for people to sell their own organs? Upon their demise? While they are still alive?

To sell while they are still alive I would say no, because there are too many moral arguments. For example, if someone is poor and needs to pay off a loan, they might sell a kidney to pay off that debt. Depending on the price a kidney costs, only rich people are likely to afford these organs, meaning the poor would be more likely to feel the need to donate them. So its no to organ donation while the person is alive.

Upon death though...that is different. We already have the right to donate our organs upon our death, although this is seen as a gift, not as something you have to pay for. However, the same argument could apply - if organs cannot be donated voluntarily, rich people would still be the only people who could afford them.

If you made it optional, and the person could decide whether their organs cost money, a couple of things could happen - the rich would be the first to offer money because again, they would be more likely to afford it. You could possibly have those people refuse your organs because they preferred to wait for someone else to die, whose organs they didn't have to pay for.

I am sure that was a long enough answer to your question and I hope you can understand what I am trying to say here. :)

So your down with removing fetuses but not organs. That's consistent.

Different reasons for supporting abortion, Sir. :) Organs and fetuses are not the same thing.

But I don't like the idea of the rich benefiting from something the poor cannot afford. Rich people shouldn't have more right to life just because they have money.

I don't care who benefits from anything after I'm dead. I say sell em' and when you die these guys show up.

repo.png

Forum List

Back