O'Reily punks Alan Grayson

Disagreeing with someone doesn't mean that they are wrong. It is pointing out that you don't agree with them and asking them to explain their position. Later you can determine whether or not they are wrong.

Immie

I thought maybe you could back up your statements about Texas not being known for its intellectualism, but it appears that about the only thing you know how to do is make unwarranted attacks of people and you are not man enough to back them up.

Immie

here is the last example: It was so difficult to find.

You have been acting like this through most of the tread. You don't call this example, name-calling?

True, you didn't call him an idiot in so few words, but basically you were calling him an idiot.

Immie

no i was not calling him an idiot in any form. Your accusation is a petty attempt to justify what you know is not true. It's funny how you complain about name calling but here you focus on the one who didn't call anyone any names ans completely ignore the one who did. Classy.

(since i'm lacking a basic understanding of english could anyone please help others understand there is a big difference between commenting on a post and a person. Yes, when i pointed out immie's hypocrisy that was comment about the post and the person.)

love ya! Thanks!

now you are a liar.

Nor are you intelligent enough to know what the word hypocrisy means. No where have i excused l_l's behavior. I simply have argued enough with him to know that discussing his name calling of you with him would about as effective as banging your head up against a wall.

I had the mistaken impression that you were intelligent enough to discuss things openly and not in the whiny way you have presented yourself through this entire conversation.

Immie

ppa!

So you can't point to a single time when I called anyone a name? Yet you ignore all the stupid name calling that was actually done. Take your hypocrisy on vacation....or at least a 3-Day weekend. Hell, maybe even a lunch break?

While you're doing that could you explain how you can say you disagree with someone but at the same time are not saying they are wrong? How does that go?

"I disagree with you but you are correct!" lol

What the fuck are you? A fifth grader?

Disagreeing with someone doesn't mean that they are wrong. It is pointing out that you don't agree with them and asking them to explain their position. Later you can determine whether or not they are wrong.

Your whole attack of L_L has been name calling. Are you not intelligent enough to figure that out?

Immie

Hahhaaa. Dude you are a riot! You proclaimed nobody can refer to any nation or state as being known for intellectualism. You didn't simply ask for an explanation. You made a fucking claim that you can't back up so now you're following lonestar's footsteps and have resorted to calling people names. Bravo!

(it's even funnier you keep accusing me of calling people names yet you can't point to one single time I have done that.)

It's like you guys need a clubhouse arm patch or something to let other posters know when a PPA!* is in effect. That way you will save others time by letting them know you will make claims about arguments and people but if you cannot support those claims or if you are proven wrong, you will roll on and pretend nothing has happened. Nope. You will not retract nor concede.

*Purple Panty Alert

I've pointed to several times that you called him names. You just don't have the intellectual or moral backbone to admit that you are as guilty as he is.

Nor do you have the intellectual ability to back up your claims.

You are the one who made a claim that you can't back up. It was you that claimed Texans were not known for their intellectualism. Lonestar posted a response to that showing that Texans have made intellectual contributions, yet, you can't back up your false claims yet you still claim victory? I asked you to back it up. In other words, you were called out and you have most definitely failed in backing up your claims.

You must be a liberal... every liberal I have ever met believes that they have the right to make a claim and not prove it... others have to disprove it. The burden of proof... do you know what that is? The burden of proof falls on you, because you made the claim.

Immie

no i was not calling him an idiot in any form. Your accusation is a petty attempt to justify what you know is not true. It's funny how you complain about name calling but here you focus on the one who didn't call anyone any names ans completely ignore the one who did. Classy.

(since i'm lacking a basic understanding of english could anyone please help others understand there is a big difference between commenting on a post and a person. Yes, when i pointed out immie's hypocrisy that was comment about the post and the person.)

love ya! Thanks!

now you are a liar.

Nor are you intelligent enough to know what the word hypocrisy means. No where have i excused l_l's behavior. I simply have argued enough with him to know that discussing his name calling of you with him would about as effective as banging your head up against a wall.

I had the mistaken impression that you were intelligent enough to discuss things openly and not in the whiny way you have presented yourself through this entire conversation.

Immie

ppa!

You have once again been reduced to personal attacks. Is that the best you can do?

It is alright, CL, if you can't back up your claims just admit it.

Immie

Last edited:
What the fuck are you? A fifth grader?

Your whole attack of L_L has been name calling. Are you not intelligent enough to figure that out?

Immie

Hahhaaa. Dude you are a riot! You proclaimed nobody can refer to any nation or state as being known for intellectualism. You didn't simply ask for an explanation. You made a fucking claim that you can't back up so now you're following lonestar's footsteps and have resorted to calling people names. Bravo!

(it's even funnier you keep accusing me of calling people names yet you can't point to one single time I have done that.)

It's like you guys need a clubhouse arm patch or something to let other posters know when a PPA!* is in effect. That way you will save others time by letting them know you will make claims about arguments and people but if you cannot support those claims or if you are proven wrong, you will roll on and pretend nothing has happened. Nope. You will not retract nor concede.

*Purple Panty Alert

I've pointed to several times that you called him names. You just don't have the intellectual or moral backbone to admit that you are as guilty as he is.

You are the one who made a claim that you can't back up. It was you that claimed Texans were not known for their intellectualism. Lonestar posted a response to that showing that Texans have made intellectual contributions, yet, you can't back up your false claims yet you still claim victory? I asked you to back it up. In other words, you were called out and you have most definitely failed in backing up your claims.

You must be a liberal... every liberal I have ever met believes that they have the right to make a claim and not prove it... others have to disprove it. The burden of proof... do you know what that is? The burden of proof falls on you, because you made the claim.

Immie

You're now referring to lonestar's strawman? Rotfl! Did you see where I pointed out I never said Texas has never made inventions or contributions?

I have already proven my claim but maybe you will continue to be dishonest?

One more time.......

I SAID TEXAS IS NOT KNOWN FOR ITS INTELLECTUALISM.

THAT DOES NOT MEAN THERE ARE NO INTELLECTUAL TEXANS.

THAT DOES NOT MEAN NO INVENTIONS HAVE COME OUT OF TEXAS.

THAT DOES NOT MEAN ALL TEXANS ARE DUMB.

PPA!

*Purple Panty Alert

Immie

You're now referring to lonestar's strawman? Rotfl! Did you see where I pointed out I never said Texas has never made inventions or contributions?

One more time.......

PPA!

You still have not backed up your opinions with one SINGLE OUNCE OF PROOF.

Do you know what proof is?

Do you know who has the burden of proof in this case?

No, I don't think you are capable of understanding that your opinion means JACK SHIT.

Immie

now you are a liar.

Immie

ppa!

You have once again been reduced to personal attacks. Is that the best you can do?

Immie

It's not a personal attack to point out you comfuckingpletely ignore it when you are proven wrong. That is what makes you a PPA! member. Don't blame me...your own arrogance and false claims have paid the club dues. Congratulations!

You'll still be stewing over this long after I've quit caring. Which was a while ago........

Immie

It's not a personal attack to point out you comfuckingpletely ignore it when you are proven wrong. That is what makes you a PPA! member. Don't blame me...your own arrogance and false claims have paid the club dues. Congratulations!

You'll still be stewing over this long after I've quit caring. Which was a while ago........

You don't have the moral backbone to admit that you made a claim that you can never back up.

You have not proven anything. You still have presented nothing but opinions.

Immie

Immie

One more time.......

PPA!

You still have not backed up your opinions with one SINGLE OUNCE OF PROOF.

Do you know what proof is?

Do you know who has the burden of proof in this case?

No, I don't think you are capable of understanding that your opinion means JACK SHIT.

Immie

It common sense Texas is not known for intellectualism. What do people think of when they think of Texas? Oil, bbq, rodeos.....oh wait......I've already pointed all of this out. I've posted links to official Texas State websites and have given plenty of examples. You've got such a personal bent on this I could give ten thousand examples and you would still claim I haven't backed up my claim. Even though I have pointed out why nations can be linked with intellectualism after you said that cannot be done. So I tell ya what.....I don't care if you continue to lie and say I have not supported the claim. If anyone with an ounce of self respect comes along I will be happy to give them the post numbers. You? Lol.....and save your girly-man rep comments for your PPA! clubhouse notes. Respect is earned. Is not taken by force, threat, or patronizing. Now have fun!

Would you like some help in learning how to prove your claims?

It is not all that hard to do. Here are three opinion pieces that seem to agree with you and it wasn't all that difficult to find either! Except you don't have the intellectual honesty to even try to back up your opinions. You expect others to do it for you.

Is Texas America?

If you want to understand George W. Bush--unlike his daddy, an unfortunate example of a truly Texas-identified citizen--you have to stretch your imagination around a weird Texas amalgam: religion, anti-intellectualism and machismo.

Opinion: George W.'s anti-intellectualism

For George W. to wrap himself in the cowhide mantle of LBJ's anti-intellectualism certainly reinforces his Texas credentials

Texas: The End of Laissez Faire Education

The answer to this question lies in the history of the state, in its culture, economy and way of life. There simply has been little pressure--until now--to do better. The economy did not need large numbers of well-educated people. An innate anti-intellectualism scorned education for the sake of education. The Texan Way of Life could be preserved if large numbers of blacks and Hispanics were kept out of institutions of higher education, or at least the best institutions. For those in positions of power, developing a piece of land held greater value than developing the mind.

All of those were easy to find on Google. I'm sure if I wanted to take the time, I could find some opinions to the contrary, but I'm not that interested.

It common sense Texas is not known for intellectualism. What do people think of when they think of Texas? Oil, bbq, rodeos.....oh wait......I've already pointed all of this out. I've posted links to official Texas State websites and have given plenty of examples. You've got such a personal bent on this I could give ten thousand examples and you would still claim I haven't backed up my claim. Even though I have pointed out why nations can be linked with intellectualism after you said that cannot be done. So I tell ya what.....I don't care if you continue to lie and say I have not supported the claim. If anyone with an ounce of self respect comes along I will be happy to give them the post numbers. You? Lol.....and save your girly-man rep comments for your PPA! clubhouse notes. Respect is earned. Is not taken by force, threat, or patronizing. Now have fun!

What you think is "common sense" is not proof. For the record, you cannot use your opinion of common sense for proof of your own claim.

Give me one post number where you backed up your claims, or once again, I would have to say you are a liar.

Immie

Last edited:
Did anybody need a reminder Texas is not known for its intellectualism? Lol...thanks lonestar! Now that you have demonstrated the ability to copy and paste a picture, you have Graduated! That's right folks! Soon he will dazzle us all with copying actual recognizable words! Maybe he can type some of his own? Nah.....that's asking too much!

For the record, you attacked Lonestar first. This was your second post in the thread and came after he asked you if you wanted cheese with your whine and you have not stopped whining since.

You don't call that an attack? You don't call that name-calling?

Oh and hang on, I'm still going through the thread looking for any "proof" you might have presented.

Immie

More unwarranted attacks by CL then after these, L_L finally got tired and started pushing back... oh and wasn't it CL, that made the claim earlier in the thread that other people were always looking for others to blame? Yes, it was... I'll post the quote if you like.

Did anybody need a reminder Texas is not known for its intellectualism? Lol...thanks lonestar! Now that you have demonstrated the ability to copy and paste a picture, you have Graduated! That's right folks! Soon he will dazzle us all with copying actual recognizable words! Maybe he can type some of his own? Nah.....that's asking too much!

And you point is? Oh.. that's right.. you have no point to make, just another ad hominem attack. And you have the audacity to speak about intellect. Fact is O'Reilly has every right to his opinion, there was nothing he said that was wrong or over the top.

There is nothing wrong with saying it is okay for terrorists to kill Americans? By that standard nobody could ever say anything that is wrong. Please learn the definition of an ad hom before complaining about them. I pointed out the lack of intellectualism by the childish use of posting a picture of cheese. Or do you consider that intelligent dialogue?

nice way to show everyone what an ass you are
put away that broad brush

Texas is not known for its intellectualism so no broad brush was used. That isn't to say there are no intellectuals in Texas, it was only pointing out how lonestar's response reinforced the image of Texas lacking intellectualism. Stop complaining about trivial things and learn how to admit when you are wrong instead of calling people names then scurrying away every time you make a false claim. Do you realize it is a compliment when someone of your character calls me (or anyone else) silly names? I'd only get concerned if you wanted to give me a pat on the back. N
ow make yourself feel better and call me another childish name. It seems to be your only tool.

Finally! Wikipedia!! Now there is a great piece of opinionated proof for you. Doing a search on intellectual, I came up with nothing! I did not bother to read the whole thing so maybe CL can curve some more spin our way and tell us how this backs up his statement?

I didn't see any proof in Portals of Texas either but wouldn't expect the official portal of Texas to provide proof that Texas is not known for its intellectualism. Epic Fail, CL.

Iam a Republican and I don't care to a certain degree. If he said Republicans want people to die faster then he was wrong for such a horribly dishonest broadbrush. (if divecon feels the need to chime in let me remind you Texas is not known for its intellectualism. A hurtful truth doesn't make it untrue.)

So far a good portion looks like manufactured outrage.

If it is true then you should be able to provide proof.

You mean besides linking your posts? True, that would be an unfair extrapolation. So let's see.....

TexasOnline: Official Portal of Texas

Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We all know Texas is known for several things such as bbq, oil, inability to defend its borders, racism, and let's not forget the love of guns and the celebration of killing unarmed people. But intellectualism? Not even close.

edit: Ah well, I have read every post in here by CL, and not found a single ounce of proof of his claims except for the proof that I provided for him. /shrugs

Immie

Last edited:
You are some really pathetic people. Find a way to blame everyone else when you screw up.

I though that is what you were doing? Where did I screw up?

Oh, nevermind. More opinions based in ignorance from you. I forgot.

You screwed up when I asked you to post what grayson said and you skipped that for a few posts then try to jump on someone else when he already admitted he did not know everything grayson had said. Smooth.

So yer saying I screwed up because someone was ignorant?

Oooooh-kay.

Immie

Yeah, you quit caring so much that you keep on hitting reply and everyone can see the steam coming out of your ears each time. Ya....right.

You were backed into a corner by Immie, and we can all see it. Which begs the question, why make your embarrassment so public?

Forum List

Back