O'Reilly: We Should Win Hearts and Minds Because 'We Can't Kill All the Muslims'

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
O'Reilly: We Should Win Hearts and Minds Because 'We Can't Kill All the Muslims' - Bill O'reilly - Gawker

Video inside as well.

Yes, Bill O'Reilly, the only reason we're dicking around over there installing potable water systems is because we don't yet have the capability to kill every single Muslim in the Middle East. And your guest, Lt. Col. Peters, of course knows this. He is a soldier, and we all know that soldiers secretly die a little on the inside when they are forced to hand out boring old life-sustaining Powerbars to Afghan villagers instead of getting to have an awesome firefight with them.

So that's why we're over there helping them? Because we can't kill them all? Well hell bells! It all makes sense now.

Its stupid comments like that which make me dislike OReilly. The man is a phoney.

O'Reilly: We Should Win Hearts and Minds Because 'We Can't Kill All the Muslims' - Bill O'reilly - Gawker

Video inside as well.

Yes, Bill O'Reilly, the only reason we're dicking around over there installing potable water systems is because we don't yet have the capability to kill every single Muslim in the Middle East. And your guest, Lt. Col. Peters, of course knows this. He is a soldier, and we all know that soldiers secretly die a little on the inside when they are forced to hand out boring old life-sustaining Powerbars to Afghan villagers instead of getting to have an awesome firefight with them.

So that's why we're over there helping them? Because we can't kill them all? Well hell bells! It all makes sense now.

Jesus christ the libtard spin machine is on turbo today....

After seeing that video, I know that I made the right choice banning FOX NEWS from this house, at least for a while, one has to be informed to a degree and must watch various other networks, even though distasteful at times, in order to make a good try at posting some valid comments on what we view. I guess that "No Spin Zone" is revolving at high RPM today :lol:

So many times I cannot get over what dumb things these talking heads spout over the airwaves. In many cases they make things much worse, if they could only keep their collective mouths SHUT.

The ability of liberals to twist meaning and take comments out of context is certainly impressive.

Pathetic, but impressive.

Its stupid comments like that which make me dislike OReilly. The man is a phoney.

If you put the clip into the context that it was taken out of, you might find that you understand what he was talking about.

I have found - particularly with the left - one does need to dig back and find the context of the words instead of taking them at face value. The left have a habit of twisting context.

Video inside as well.

That clip didn't have O'Reilly stating "We can't kill all the muslims" so can you clarify that, that is what O"Reilly stated? Or do you just make shit up as you go? My guess is if he did make such a statement, he was probably talking about the extremist that are hell bent on killing Americans. Are you or have you ever been a soldier on the battlefield?

'We Can't Kill All the Muslims'

don't tell our local zionist jews this. Bill O'reilly just became an antisemite.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xNA8seaqGQ&feature=related]YouTube - Wizard of Oz--Doroty Meets Scarecrow[/ame]

The ability of liberals to twist meaning and take comments out of context is certainly impressive.

Twist this.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tJjNVVwRCY]YouTube - Bill O'Reilly Flips Out[/ame]

I found this more informative:

We Can't Kill All The Muslims: O'Reilly

Tuesday, following the Fort Hood memorial service, during an interview with Lt. Col Ralph Peters, Fox News host Bill O'Reilly stated flatly, "we can't kill all the Muslims," as the reason for why we try to reach out to moderates.

Peters said:

"It's clear that the problem is Islam. And the other thing that offended me in all the speeches at Fort Hood today, not one mention of terror, terrorist, terrorism. I didn't expect him to mention Islamist terrorism; that would be too far for Obama. But what does it take, what evidence does it take for our president to admit this was an act of terror?"

O'Reilly's response:

"It was an act of terror. Let me play devil's advocate here. Barack Obama wants to win hearts and minds in the Middle East, in the Muslim world, which is a good thing. And you know that. As a soldier, we can't kill all the Muslims. So we want to win the hearts and minds of as many good, moderate Muslims as we can.

"So he goes out of his way to avoid the Muslim terrorist label, which clearly applies to Hasan. But he doesn't do it (sic) because he wants to tamp down the anger in the Muslim world, rather than ratchet it up. So is that not a worthy strategy?"
While it sounds, at first glance, like a positive statement, because O'Reilly purports that "winning hearts and minds" of Muslims is a "good thing," it's interesting that neither of the two speak of the fact that there are non-Islamic terrorists. It also seems to posit that our outreach is simply because we can't "kill them all," which would be the favorable path, to O'Reilly.

Additionally, while being politically correct has perhaps gone overboard (and not just in the U.S.), it's also not true that being PC is exclusive to discussing terrorism.

Video inside as well.

you are a tool......

he said that only to play devil's advocate.....

not only a tool....but a liar

I found this more informative:

We Can't Kill All The Muslims: O'Reilly

Tuesday, following the Fort Hood memorial service, during an interview with Lt. Col Ralph Peters, Fox News host Bill O'Reilly stated flatly, "we can't kill all the Muslims," as the reason for why we try to reach out to moderates.

Peters said:

"It's clear that the problem is Islam. And the other thing that offended me in all the speeches at Fort Hood today, not one mention of terror, terrorist, terrorism. I didn't expect him to mention Islamist terrorism; that would be too far for Obama. But what does it take, what evidence does it take for our president to admit this was an act of terror?"

O'Reilly's response:

"It was an act of terror. Let me play devil's advocate here. Barack Obama wants to win hearts and minds in the Middle East, in the Muslim world, which is a good thing. And you know that. As a soldier, we can't kill all the Muslims. So we want to win the hearts and minds of as many good, moderate Muslims as we can.

"So he goes out of his way to avoid the Muslim terrorist label, which clearly applies to Hasan. But he doesn't do it (sic) because he wants to tamp down the anger in the Muslim world, rather than ratchet it up. So is that not a worthy strategy?"
While it sounds, at first glance, like a positive statement, because O'Reilly purports that "winning hearts and minds" of Muslims is a "good thing," it's interesting that neither of the two speak of the fact that there are non-Islamic terrorists. It also seems to posit that our outreach is simply because we can't "kill them all," which would be the favorable path, to O'Reilly.

Additionally, while being politically correct has perhaps gone overboard (and not just in the U.S.), it's also not true that being PC is exclusive to discussing terrorism.

yes....

this OP is a nothing but a lie.....

But the OP didn't lie, none of you bitching bothered to watch the video in the OP. :popcorn:

Is that why you were so quick to set it all straight? Surely you didn't just drop a whiny post and expect everyone to nod in agreement? Where's the context salvation here?

Forum List

Back