O'Reilly vs. Colbert in a No Holds Barred Smug-Off

wiggles

Dec 30, 2006
O'Reilly, Colbert to trade appearances

NEW YORK (AP) -- It may feel like looking into the mirror for Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert next week. The Fox News Channel host and Colbert, who has essentially based his comic character every evening on Comedy Central on him, will trade appearances on each other's programs Jan. 18.

"I'm really looking forward to speaking to a man who owes his entire career to me," O'Reilly said.

On "The Colbert Report," Colbert portrays a self-involved talk-show host who has tried to bring "truthiness" to the world. His character owes an obvious debt to O'Reilly, who holds court in the "no-spin zone" each evening.

On "The O'Reilly Factor," O'Reilly portrays a ... um, he hosts the top-rated program in cable news.

"I look forward to the evening," Colbert said. "It is an honor to speak face-to-face with a broadcasting legend, and I feel the same way about Mr. O'Reilly."

---

Fox is a unit of News Corp. Comedy Central is owned by Viacom Inc.

I've actually read O'Reilly saying some fairly nice things about Colbert and Stewart. It always suprises me, considering.
This ought to be pretty fun. I might actually have to watch The Factor.
Colbert and Stewart are funny guys, whether you agree with them or not. But that cannot be said of those who hail from England. Damn their dry British humour. :(

Colbert and Stewart are funny guys, whether you agree with them or not. But that cannot be said of those who hail from England. Damn their dry British humour. :(

I like British humor. I like the new British correspondents on TDS. They did a Point-Counterpoint thing where they were supposed to get into a heated debate and yell at each other, but then they just offered each other tea and biscuits and congratulated each other on making such well-reasoned arguments. :rofl:
'Cause they're English! Get it? They're polite. LOL! um - guess you had to be there.

But that cannot be said of those who hail from England. Damn their dry British humour.

You're crazy. Simon Pegg and Ricky Gervais are two of the funniest people out there right now.

Forum List

Back