O’Reilly: Master Of Newspeak

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
newspeak (noun)

Deliberately ambiguous and contradictory language used to mislead and manipulate the public.

Bill O’Reilly outdid himself last night when he interviewed Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R- Utah). He not only wants to mislead the public he attempted to manipulate Chaffetz. You have to listen closely to what is said in the video in order to follow my interpretation:

I’ll begin with a line from the talking points memo:

The far right is making a huge mistake thinking that President Obama is actively trying to harm the nation.

The president is actively harming the nation. Forget all of the welfare state stuff, forget all of the foreign policy failures, —— Iraq, Afghanistan, the Arab Spring, Egypt, Libya, Syria —— forget the unexplained reason for purging high-ranking military officers. Examine two items:

1. Open-borders and amnesty for 20 million illegal aliens.

2. The first item is but one phase of surrendering the nation’s sovereignty to the United Nations.

I do not know O’Reilly definition of harming the nation. If the two items I cited do not qualify, I’d sure like to hear O’Reilly tell us what does qualify as actively harming the nation.

I do know that O’Reilly always comes down on the side of the government, and for all of his bluster he always defends the president, the presidency, and presidential authority. Claiming the president is not actively trying to harm the nation is proof of O’Reilly’s position.

Before going to Leon Panetta and Rep. Chaffetz let me point out that the president is lying about Benghazi. No more proof than his own words is required. The president lies about everything. Everybody in his administration lies from sunup to sundown. Suzy Five Shows, Eric Holder, and Louise Lerner are but three examples. Not only do they tell lies, the way they do their jobs is an egregious lie.

Newspeak

Irrespective of O’Reilly’s theatrical challenge to Rep. Chaffetz whatever Leon Panetta told the president is not the crux of the matter. Where did the order to stand down originate? and who gave it? is the key to finding the truth about Benghazi. One can only wonder why O’Reilly is not pursuing that line of inquiry.

The fact is: Americans who are following the story know everything except who decided not to send help when nobody knew how long the men under attack could hold out. Nobody gives a flying F what Panetta said to the president.

Panetta is an old Communist sympathizer to put it politely. O’Reilly browbeating Rep. Chaffetz into subpoenaing Panetta can only result in an official whitewash. When the question O’Reilly poses is asked of Panetta under oath he will lie. The lie will be accepted as the truth because nobody can prove otherwise. That is the outcome O’Reilly is after. That is newspeak.

Incidentally, Rep. Chaffetz surely knew O’Reilly was trying to get the president off the hook. If the committee thought Panetta would tell the truth they would have subpoenaed him long before now.

Let me close with another video. Megyn Kelly hammered Adam Schiff (D- CA) pretty good. Panetta was not mentioned, but whatever Leon Panetta might say under oath will give Democrats one more Benghazi talking point. Note Schiff’s absurd defense of Suzy Five Shows. Towards the end of the video he even calls the search for the truth a conspiracy theory. Democrats calling everything they cannot defend a conspiracy theory is textbook pooh-pooh:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I can’t believe Bill O’Reilly said this:

Karzai is a villain who should be tried for corruption in The Hague.

Bill O'Reilly: An outrage in Afghanistan | Talking Points | The O'Reilly Factor | Fox News

O’Reilly’s recommendation openly defends the UN’s judicial system and non-existent International law. No American, especially one with a public voice, should suggest sending anyone to The Hague for trial irrespective of the crime.

Oh well, I always knew that you put your life at risk if you get between the president’s ass and O’Reilly’s lips. It might just as dangerous getting between a UN secretary-general’s ass and Bill’s lips.

Fuck o'reilly.

:thup:

When Bill bombastically started pimping his interview with the boy who would be King, weeks before the Super Bowl, this long time fan became sick of him and his need for ratings. I haven't watched The Factor since then. I tried but he continued for long after the interview to show clips of his interview and was asking his guests to critique it. My impression was that Bill is just trying to pump his show. I think, and hope, Megyn Kelly is creeping up on his time slot. Meanwhile, I DVR Greta and watch her at 5, instead of Bill. His pasture is waiting for him. May the powers that be, keep it watered well.

GOOOO Megyn. :clap2:

Fuck o'reilly.

:thup:

When Bill bombastically started pimping his interview with the boy who would be King, weeks before the Super Bowl, this long time fan became sick of him and his need for ratings. I haven't watched The Factor since then. I tried but he continued for long after the interview to show clips of his interview and was asking his guests to critique it. My impression was that Bill is just trying to pump his show. I think, and hope, Megyn Kelly is creeping up on his time slot. Meanwhile, I DVR Greta and watch her at 5, instead of Bill. His pasture is waiting for him. May the powers that be, keep it watered well.

GOOOO Megyn. :clap2:

I quit watching o'dickhead long ago, after he unequivocally stated he believed that obama was born in Hawaii, even though there's a virtual mountain of evidence to the contrary, and not one shred of verifiable evidence in support of.

I heard he was also telling the kenyan that "he believes his heart is in the right place." Really? The filthy little fraud hates America... is that having your heart in the right place?

o'reilly is an asshole.

The bar was set pretty high when Dan Rather and CBS committed treason when they offered forged documents in an effort to influence an election. Anything else is just the same old whiny lefttie junk.

There was a time when I thought Bill had a pretty good show and was worth my time to watch it. However, over the last 18 months or so, he seems like a broken record. I think his sun is setting.

There was a time when I thought Bill had a pretty good show and was worth my time to watch it. However, over the last 18 months or so, he seems like a broken record. I think his sun is setting.

Yes, I used to feel that way, too, about Bill's show. In the past almost two years, he seems to be trying to play it safe and appeal to all sides of the political spectrum.

You can't fool all of the people all of the time, Bill. You're getting soft, too analytical and emotion based. You've lost it and you know it. Softball sellout.

Yes, I used to feel that way, too, about Bill's show. In the past almost two years, he seems to be trying to play it safe and appeal to all sides of the political spectrum.

You can't fool all of the people all of the time, Bill. You're getting soft, too analytical and emotion based. You've lost it and you know it. Softball sellout.

To AquaAthena: It’s not only O’Reilly. FOX always got away with fair & balanced B.S. That isn’t working anymore. FOX has always been a liberal-leaning network. Throughout the con job years, and still today, FOX provides more conservative ears to liberal garbage than all of the alphabet networks combined.

FOX is down by the head with liberal talking heads as well as guests ranting convoluted nonsense in defense of Democrats. A few FOX conservatives try to rein in guests spouting B.S., but there is so much of it everything else gets buried. If you doubt me check the number of liberals and the amount of face time they get. FOX is number one because liberals love it.

The facts in this article should interest every conservative who puts their trust in FOX:

Fox News parent co. funneling money to Dems?
Contributions favored Obama 5-to-1 over Romney
Published: 07/22/2013 at 8:51 PM
DREW ZAHN

Fox News parent co. funneling money to Dems?

Fourteen Propaganda Techniques Fox "News" Uses to Brainwash Americans

There is nothing more sacred to the maintenance of democracy than a free press. Access to comprehensive, accurate and quality information is essential to the manifestation of Socratic citizenship - the society characterized by a civically engaged, well-informed and socially invested populace. Thus, to the degree that access to quality information is willfully or unintentionally obstructed, democracy itself is degraded.

Read the fourteen tried and true techniques at the link.

For those who say that fox does not lie, here's an archive of same. Enjoy ...

https://aattp.org/category/fox-news-lies-2/

And in a recent conversation with Sally Quinn, [March21] Bill indicates he is about to hang it up, which I have suspected, since Megyn Kelly is primed to replace him. Plus Bill has had to become too PC to please his audience that past year, with Liberals watching in huge numbers.

Here is the entire transcript but the last few paragraphs were the most profound. Funny isn't it, how narcissists hate other narcissists??? :lol:

The Q&A:

SNIPS:

Whom do you admire?

I admire people who are making $40,000 a year and living an honest life. Life is hard. I don’t like phonies. I don’t like liars. I don’t like narcissists. I like the regular folks.

How would you like to be remembered?

I don’t want to be remembered. Once I’m gone, I’m gone. I don’t care.

Are you afraid of dying?

No, not at all. My time is up, I’m going.

Do you think that you’ll ever stop?

Yes, I do. I’m tired now, so I’ve got to cut it back soon. I just don’t know when that will be.

Let’s have three cheers, and one cheer more, for Judi:

After six interminably long years of watching Obama in action, no one but a talking head would put the words ‘Obama’ and ‘patriotism’ in the same sentence.

Here’s Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly’s take on the topic:

““Talking Points” believes President Obama does love his country. It has certainly been kind to him. I have had conversations with the President about helping wounded vets and American history. And I don’t doubt his patriotism.”

XXXXX

O’Reilly and the talking heads of the day keep saying that it is Obama’s policies that should be criticized but not him personally.

Talking Heads never get ‘Who Loves ‘Ya’
By Judi McLeod March 1, 2015

Talking Heads never get Who Loves Ya

Forum List

Back