O'Reilly interview of Obama was terrific television

Dr.Drock

Aug 19, 2009
I'm not an O'Reilly fan, not because I don't agree with him politically but because he thinks you have to believe in God to have morals.

That being said his original interview and the extra taped stuff he put on his show last night were great tv. Most people interviewing a president from either side don't ask many tough questions or push for answers, O'Reilly wasn't intimidated nor did he resort to his "shouting over" technique like he does with lesser-known guests.

I'll also give credit to Obama who I thought answered the questions pretty well. I think we can all agree that Bush would've never thought twice about going on the Olbermann show when he was in office or a show like his.

It's a few years old but if you liked this interview you should youtube the O'Reilly-Marilyn Manson interview, maybe the best one I've ever seen.

Disclaimer: I vote neither D or R.

Interesting that you claim to know what O'Reilly thinks. You may not know it, but it makes you look stupid to claim such insight.

Interesting that you claim to know what O'Reilly thinks. You may not know it, but it makes you look stupid to claim such insight.

Watch his interview of Richard Dawkins, he has no problem saying you have to believe in God to have morals. This isn't a blind opinion I'm pulling out of the air, they're his words.

Watch his interview of Richard Dawkins, he has no problem saying you have to believe in God to have morals. This isn't a blind opinion I'm pulling out of the air, they're his words.

Link?

I'm at work it's blocked, like i said youtube the interview it'll pop right up, not asking you to do rocket science.

I'm not an O'Reilly fan, not because I don't agree with him politically but because he thinks you have to believe in God to have morals.

That being said his original interview and the extra taped stuff he put on his show last night were great tv. Most people interviewing a president from either side don't ask many tough questions or push for answers, O'Reilly wasn't intimidated nor did he resort to his "shouting over" technique like he does with lesser-known guests.

I'll also give credit to Obama who I thought answered the questions pretty well. I think we can all agree that Bush would've never thought twice about going on the Olbermann show when he was in office or a show like his.
No doubt!!!!!!

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I still do not understand why republicans do not like Obama, aka Bush III.
Republicans don't like Obama because they are like democrats, partisan hacks. Conservatives don't like Obama because of what he stands for and those same conservatives don't like bush. the problem is that with all this labeling, the republicans are hiding under the conservatives.
all the tea partiers are going to vote to expand the biggest expansion of government in decades all while parading around as "small government conservatives"
Absolutely laughable that you would still try and pin this on the republicans when it is the democrats that control this bill. Should it pass the house then those republicans will be culpable in this crap but lest you forget - THERE ARE 2 OTHER BODIES OF GOVERNMENT THAT MUST PASS THIS CRAP THAT ARE DEMOCRAT CONTROLLED. Face it, the dems love the expansion of power as much as the republicans do and the are set on continuing it as much as they can. It is disgusting that you not only support the bullshit tactics of the left blaming bush for your mistakes but that you are pushing the same crap.
I know Obama will veto this horrible, Bush/Cheney inspired attack on our Rights and Constitution.

He would never support illegal wiretaps and rendition.
We'll see about that. I have a feeling that your hope and change crap will fail you yet again.

You're going to need to source that. I cannot find a quote anywhere. I seen a TON of liberals making that assertion on his beliefs but have not seen one single quote. And I thought that he had said it as I believe that O'riely is a complete moron and a religions zealot. I don't really care about the interview though. It is nice to finally have someone that is not going to dumb down the interview running it for a change but it is all in the actions and Obama has a track record of saying one thing and delivering something that is not even close to what is promised. At some point I gave up listening to him and stuck with just watching what he is doing.

The parts of it I have seen, President Obama does very well. I actually think he likes this sort of thing. Keeps the mind sharp and keen.

The parts of it I have seen, President Obama does very well. I actually think he likes this sort of thing. Keeps the mind sharp and keen.

I used to listen to Glenn Beck on my drives to college, not because I agreed with him but because I viewed him as open-minded and didn't follow the party lines because often times on his show he would bash Bush.

Then he met Bush face to face and turned into the ugly girl coming face to face with the high school quarterback trying to sweet talk him into going to prom with her. Gruveling at his feet and the next week all he did was talk about how great of man Bush is, how principled he is, how great of a president he was, made me want to pull over and throw up.

Haven't listened to his show since.

You have to believe in God to have a moral foundation, same thing to me.

I used to listen to Glenn Beck on my drives to college, not because I agreed with him but because I viewed him as open-minded and didn't follow the party lines because often times on his show he would bash Bush.

Then he met Bush face to face and turned into the ugly girl coming face to face with the high school quarterback trying to sweet talk him into going to prom with her. Gruveling at his feet and the next week all he did was talk about how great of man Bush is, how principled he is, how great of a president he was, made me want to pull over and throw up.

It's funny..because none of these guys have any real integrity. They jump from one outlandish lie to another..and they really don't care who they bash. Beck's new ridiculous meme is that American Conservatives were and are secretly working toward creating a new Caliphate in Babylon.

It's good that President Obama is confronting the nuts.

Here's a good catch from Olbermann..

It's funny..because none of these guys have any real integrity. They jump from one outlandish lie to another..and they really don't care who they bash. Beck's new ridiculous meme is that American Conservatives were and are secretly working toward creating a new Caliphate in Babylon.

Yeah, Olberman.. a walking talking integrity machine.

You crack me up.

Yeah, Olberman.. a walking talking integrity machine.

You crack me up.

And you saw the video?

Don't like Olbermann?

How about Young Turks?

Don't like them? How about Bill Maher?

Forum List

Back