O'Reilly interrupts Obama 22 times in 14 minutes

Why would any Fox viewer want to hear what Obama had to say?

They tuned in to hear O'Reilly speak. Obama was just his straight man

Obvious you have never ready any books on how men and women communicate. It's a well known fact that men interupt each other all the time.

Been watching the interview. O'Reilly isn't really much of an interviewer..he badgers. Michael Moore does very much the same thing. A good interviewer, in my book, basically is able to get people to open up..and finish a thought. Charlie Rose is masterful at that.

If you did that with Obama you would ask one question and get a15 minute answer.

You kool-aid drinkers are fucking stupid!

What the hell is happening to the left? Have they all become mind numbed robots who have to log onto Soros blogs every day for talking points or have they become so sensitive that they are lashing out at averyone? Attacking O'Reilly for interrupting in a RARE interview with B. Hussein? Get a life.

Absolutely!!

The very moment O'Reilly got done speaking I hit the mute button, just so I wouldn't hear a word that Obama said.

It took weeks of practice, hour upon hour each day, learning to time it just right.

I don't know what Bill was talking about, but I didn't get a peep outta big 0. :lol:

What the hell is happening to the left? Have they all become mind numbed robots who have to log onto Soros blogs every day for talking points or have they become so sensitive that they are lashing out at averyone? Attacking O'Reilly for interrupting in a RARE interview with B. Hussein? Get a life.

Chris is a very special case.

He still gets that tingle

Absolutely!!

The very moment O'Reilly got done speaking I hit the mute button, just so I wouldn't hear a word that Obama said.

It took weeks of practice, hour upon hour each day, learning to time it just right.

I don't know what Bill was talking about, but I didn't get a peep outta big 0. :lol:

Absolutely

Who wants to hear what Obama has to say? blah...blah...blah
O'Reilly is the only one worth listening to and he was even born in this country.

Absolutely!!

Absolutely

O'Reilly is the only one worth listening to and he was even born in this country.
it seems your sarcasm detector is malfunctioning

Absolutely!!

Absolutely

it seems your sarcasm detector is malfunctioning

ya think?

Absolutely!!

:lol::thup:

No, it was not an interview. It was O'Reilly "going up against" the President.

Did you complain when Bush was interrupted during his interview on Irish TV? Or did you, like the rest of the partisan hacks, merely scoff?
I don't get Irish TV.

How pathetic do you have to be to be digging out interviews from foreign countries? That's pretty fucked up, even for you. But I suppose you must live up to your username.

The last time I checked (which is never, since it is self-evident), foreign broadcasters are not bound by our journalistic standards.

Were you alive back then? The story was in the news, and there was a formal protest by our government.

BTW, if you want to see what a person should do when they are getting interrupted, watch this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Absolutely!!

Absolutely

But where? WHERE????

so6d89.jpg

Did you complain when Bush was interrupted during his interview on Irish TV? Or did you, like the rest of the partisan hacks, merely scoff?
I don't get Irish TV.

How pathetic do you have to be to be digging out interviews from foreign countries? That's pretty fucked up, even for you. But I suppose you must live up to your username.

The last time I checked (which is never, since it is self-evident), foreign broadcasters are not bound by our journalistic standards.

Were you alive back then? The story was in the news, and there was a formal protest by our government.

BTW, if you want to see what a person should do when they are getting interrupted, watch this.

Let me get this straight: Bush's administration protested the way he was treated in an interview?

Holy shit! If Obama did that, you all would be telling him to "man up!" and saying that if he can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen, and every other lame-ass insult.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obama was foolish to interview with O'Reilly.

Giving credibility to that man was just plain old dumb

I'd say it was a step up for Obama after Leno.. Letterman and Stuart...Oprah and that morning hen house show...

Last edited:
Well, I think both O'Reilly and Obama were dumb to do the interview during the Super Bowl.

First of all, it's the Super Bowl. Viewers aren't in the mood for a heady discussion about current events or hot political issues. All they care about is the upcoming game and all the hype that comes with it.

Second of all, the interview is squeezed into the commercial packaging that comes with sports telecasts. In other words, the commercial breaks alone tend to disrupt the flow of a good interview. Big difference from a full interview that is later broadcast and a live interview.

Third of all, Obama is no dummy. Yeah, ask him what time it is and he will start off by telling you how to build a clock, the history of telling time and the social significance of knowing what time it is before he actually tells you what time it is. This immediately puts O'Reilly in the hot seat of having to control the tempo of the interview to get his questions asked and answered within the short time they have available. He had no choice but to interrupt and attempt to keep the interview going. Instead, he comes across as being rude to the President by appearing to not let him finish a complete sentence before peppering him with another question. However, if O'Reilly asked softball questions, then he comes across as a sell-out.

Obama played it smart. He knew all he had to do was wait it out for 20 minutes and the interview would be over. The onus was all on O'Reilly. However, the big risk Obama took was in getting pinned down by a sound bite. And when Obama said that he was going to "schmooze" with his guests for a while but watch the game without any distractions, he sort of insulted his White House guests. However, I think by that point in the interview, viewers were busy getting all their game snacks and drinks rather than paying attention to the interview. My point is that this format also left Obama open for saying something dumb, and I think he did but with very little repercussions, if any. O'Reilly was the bigger loser.

Politics and sports don't mix. In the grand scheme of things, FOX still came out as the overall winner because it was a helluva great game. Great Super Bowls overshadow poor pre-game shows. I don't expect FOX or any of the other networks to repeat this mistake again.

New Topics

Forum List

Back