O'Reilly Hannity and Lumbaugh

are all members of a union...

AFTRA...

oops...

oh yeah.. so are Michelle Malkin, Annie Coultergeist, Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin...

As is everyone on TV/Radio because the unions have an absolute grip on entertainment. You cant get on if your not SAG. Hell, you cant even APPLY to become an extra unless you pay and go through an unionized talent agency. Even then, you aren't allowed to have a speaking part or any other major role unless your SAG. I've been an extra on more than a few occasions. Once you do three jobs as an extra you can apply for SAG membership and pay your dues. Only then are you allowed to advance with acting or speaking parts.

Screen Actors Guild‐American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (SAG-AFTRA)
I was hired on a union film (I was non union at the time) On the 3rd day producers came and told me as soon as we wrapped I had to go down to SAG and join the Union or the Production would be fined for everyday I was on set (I was working 2 more days)

I was essentially forced to join.

If you work 3 consecutive days on a Union Film you are whats called a "must join" meaning that before you step onto another union film to work you must join the union

They should have the right to work anywhere they want... without having to pay union dues to a union that donates money to political causes the WORKER disagrees with.

Remember freedom???
We, as individuals, are often part of some organization, club, business or other form of governance that doesn't do the things we approve or agree with some of the time. From our schools, to our churches, to our jobs, to our very government. It's just a part of life. Therefore, that's not a very strong argument my friend.

Oh but it is... When my livelihood is tethered to a requirement that I pay dues to an organization that supports politicians I absolutely disagree with. Sorry, but that is not right. Goes against everything I believe in.
My kids go to private school, my church supports my politics as well.
I shouldn't have to worry about some union boss sending my hard earned money, which they twisted my arm to obtain, to some Democrat I am opposed to.

they could decline the benefits of union membership.

unions make sure they're paid a minimum amount for their 'input'...

did you ever hear them complain about their unions?

and i am fully aware of the rules.. thanks.

With a multimillion dollar contract that spells out absolutely everything awarded to them because they have more viewers/listeners than their competition, they don't worry about Union Benefits. Their benefits are in their contracts which are negotiated by their agents/lawyers who are hired because of their influence and get paid on a commission basis. However, they cant complain about their union just as they cant complain about their company; that too is in their contract. They don't need union representation because they have their own lawyers, however, they need to pay dues because of the radio/tv stations agreement with the unions. If you were aware of the rules then you wouldn't have posted this thread. You've made absolutely no point.

i am fully aware of the rules... i'm also aware of the hypocrisy of you lunatics on the right.

like paul ryan wanting to destroy social security... after his mother was no longer on it.
like teatard congressmen using their government health care programs

like ron paul talking about term limits while he makes a career out of being on the government payroll...and then brings his son into the family business... or like him saying how much he hates earmarks while never having met an earmark he doesn't love.

you're all full of it.

and that's why i posted the thread.

and that's what makes it hysterical.

So you started the thread so you could prove you're a walking, talking, liberal, talking point? You succeeded… Congratulations, and you are supposedly and educated person? How embarrassing for you:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back