O'Reilly Gets Owned Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
LuvRPgrl said:
Give time my son.

I have built up a network of trustworthy sources that HAVE NEVER GIVEN ME FALSE INFORMATION ONCE.

I often hear info on the radio and dont have time to find it online before I post it.

If you can go do a google on my nic, you can find any postings,, anywhere I have ever done. If you can find one, two or three posts where I have posted information that is blatantly wrong, and I mean INFORMATION, then you have a gripe.

I even got into it with one guy about Kerry and Kennedy not giving back their tax cuts. He called me a liar. I wound up proving it, but it took a LONG time to find the right info. I had heard that fact on the radio. I simply dont have time to research every little bit of info. Sometimes you just have to trust people. And learn which people to trust.

When some have the habit of twisting things, like Christianity supports slavery, and you know DAMN well that the person is distorting things to make Christianity look bad, then you dont use them as a credible source.

Now, if you can find that pattern from me or the person who stated the ACLU is mostly non practicing Jews, then you have a legitimate beef.

My experiene has been the same as his, that most ACLU lawyers are non practicing Jews, but that is antedotal. I will give him time to produce his figures.

By the way, I asked my 10 year old daughter about her science class. They are learning about photosynthesis. I asked if they ever talk about non science stuff.

She said, yea, sometimes. The teacher (miss page) will talk about her personal life, or political stuff.

I asked if she always brings it up to talk about it in terms of science or is it just a periphrial discussion (I had to explain to her what that is)

she said, both. Sometimes we wind up talking about the "thing" as part of our science class, and other times we just talk about other things and dont talk about science at all for the rest of the class.

things that make you go HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Ok, but is your daughter being graded on what she knows about her teacher's personal life? We talked about sports in Math class (and not in a statistics way), but that doesn't make it a good reason to adapt math class to include sports discussions.

I'm not going to get dragged into the dogfight I had in the other thread again. If you don't see a problem with the way someone posts, fine. Dragging this over to another thread seems to be a bit inappropriate, so if you'd like to continue talking about what happened in that other thread, you can PM me.

LuvRPgrl said:
Hey!, I said "not you(r) specifically clay" meaning I wasnt referring to your post. Just that it happens in general. Cheers! and Merry Christmas.

If you took it otherwise, I apologize, but I will repeat. I was NOT referring to you. OK?

I didnt see you declare victory. I have seen others do it.
I saw you getting tired of statements without supporting evidence provided. I understand, but I was trying to show you, since you are much more open minded than many here, probably including me, that there is a REASON sometimes we dont always provide evidence, and if asked, sometimes there is a legitimate REASON it takes time.

Also, I travel alot, relatively speaking. I leave the country for up to two weeks. Prior to leaving, I dont have time to post so much, and while Im gone, no posting, sometimes some see this as a defeat on an issue. But its not, just circumstances.

I hope this helps you understand SOME peoples CIRCUMSTANCES.

again, I apologize for any misunderstandings.
I wasn't taking any offense. No worries! Just using the opportunity to whine about people who aren't capable of supporting their arguments with fact. I'm off the soapbox again. :beer:

Kathianne said:
What is the point of using a closed thread onto another thread? You want this one shut down also?

where the other thread got started from...clay started his second grade why-why-why questions and link-link-link...So after giving him links in here I started a more accurate research thread...he followed me over there and started...why-why-why...link-link-link...a "dog fight ensued after many posts were answered and he still kept asking why-why-why-...link-link-link...ya can never satisfy someone who just likes to start arguments....thats my story and I'm sticking to it...and don't close this thread....the fight is over...just said this because that special someone continued his diatribe in here...I'm done!

archangel said:
where the other thread got started from...clay started his second grade why-why-why questions and link-link-link...So after giving him links in here I started a more accurate research thread...he followed me over there and started...why-why-why...link-link-link...a "dog fight ensued after many posts were answered and he still kept asking why-why-why-...link-link-link...ya can never satisfy someone who just likes to start arguments....thats my story and I'm sticking to it...and don't close this thread....the fight is over...just said this because that special someone continued his diatribe in here...I'm done!
and with this, I'll shut it down. No more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back