O'Reilly calls out right wing 'craziness'

Look, the whole point of the OP (I think) is that there are some conservative people who definitely want less spending and smaller gov't, but the methods to go about doing that should not include risking an economic downturn and a credit rating downgrade. Damn, it took over 30 years to get to this much debt, we ain't going to fix the problem all at once.

So, pare some more spending off the budget over the next 10 years, cut out some loopholes and tax breaks and reduce the tax rates, and call it a win. Make the BBA an election issue next year, see if you an get a GOP majority in the Senate and a repub in the WH. Fine, but don't risk making things a lot worse for most people just to make a point.

:clap2: Hit the nail right on the head.

You can pretend you're not a leftist all you want...

Jake The Fake pretends he's a Republican too....:lol:

How many threads have you created critcizing the D's in comparison to the ones you create criticizing the R's.? What's the ratio?

The answer shouln't come as a surprise to you....

I'm referring to the partisan part. I have no problem admitting I'm a Liberal. Just like I have no problem calling out a Democrat when they screw up.
How often do you do that? what was the last thread you started criticizing a democratic? Sorry, the sum of your threads cast you in your mold as a Democratic partisan... It's ok - embrace it...

What I find very interesting is that you seem to believe that a person can never agree with someone else who they often disagree with.

I agreed with 0bama when he said it was hot out last week....

I don't like to use generalization words like "never" or "the right" or "the left".... I try not to make that mistake or correct it if I catch myself... I'm not perfect, though...

Last edited:
How often do you do that? what was the last thread you started criticizing a democratic? Sorry, the sum of your threads cast you in your mold as a Democratic partisan... It's ok - embrace it...

I don't like to use generalization words like "never" or "the right" or "the left".... I try not to make that mistake or correct it if I catch myself... I'm not perfect, though...

I disagree with the Democrats often. However, I have absolutely nothing to prove to you.

Furthermore, you jumped into this thread on the attack, specifically mentioning only partisan leftists (never see you do it with so-called partisan rightists) and taking a shot at me because I dare agreed with someone whom I happen to disagree with on the majority of issues.

I disagreed with President Bush on the majority of his stances, but I have no problem giving him praise when he deserved it. Just yesterday I was talking to a friend about Chris Christie whom I disagree with on a lot of issues but I had absolutely no problem with commending him on something we had common ground on. Are you telling me I can never praise someone when we find common ground simply because we happen to disagree on most issues?

You don't see me calling you a Republican simply because you happen to agree with the GOP on some issues. Why can't you do the same for me because I happen to agree with the Democrats on some issues? I have never had a problem with being something on this board. Whether it be my age or my ideology. I would certainly have no problem with calling myself a Democrat if I was one, but I'm not. I'm not a Democrat for good reasons too.

I agreed with him when he said that raising the debt ceiling was a....what was that particular phrasing again....Oh yeah, "a failure of leadership".

I agreed with him when he said we need to get the hell out of Iraq and Afghanistan.

I agreed with him when he said that he'd just as soon be a one-term prez.

I find O'Reilly, however, to be a pompous, pedantic, posturing, paternalistic, populist...The only "P" that doesn't describe him is principled....The only reason I ever switch on his dreary program is when Dennis Miller is on.

But since he's on Fox, it seems the leftoids believe him to be some kind of touchstone of classic liberal, or even moderate republican, insight.

Pffffft.

I'll remember that in the next "ZOMG!!!1 FOXNews lies!!!1!" thread...:lol:

Remember what?

You forgot what you posted?

"It's called recognizing the truth no matter where it comes from.
Maybe it's a difficult concept to grasp on the right. But the rest of the world does it all the time".

You said you were going to remember "that" the next time a FOXNews lies thread is posted. Remember what?

1. It's called recognizing the truth no matter where it comes from.

If you remember that it stands to reason that you'll understand that lies are recognized as well. No matter where they come from.

2. Maybe it's a difficult concept to grasp on the right.

If you remember this, then how would you apply it to a thread about
the lies that FoxNews tells?

3. But the rest of the world does it all the time.

If you remember this, how will that apply?

So once again, remember what?

If O'Reilly is critical of the "right wing" don't you lefties think it's time to apologize for all the bad things you have been saying abouyt FOX? I mean really, now is the time to admit that FOX is and has always been "fair and balanced".

O'Reilly considers himself a Traditionalist Conservative. Never mind the rest of your post.

o'reilly is a hack,( and yes I have said that several times here before) I could care less what HE considers himself, hes a star fucker, he wants the 'get'....

and there was a vote today, seems that the crazies didn't blow up the train. :eusa_hand:

I love when the partisan leftists start quoting and sourcing people they hate on every other day of the year...:lol:

Ignoring your mischaracterization of myself for a moment, I don't hate Bill O'Reilly. Bill and I agree on some issues even.

I know this may come as a surprise to you, but you don't have to agree with someone most of the time to recognize when they make a valid point. Or do you disagree with Bill? If so, why?

you whine more than harry reid does, get a frickin grip.

If O'Reilly is critical of the "right wing" don't you lefties think it's time to apologize for all the bad things you have been saying abouyt FOX? I mean really, now is the time to admit that FOX is and has always been "fair and balanced".

they'd rather have a frontal lobotomy.

But yet, Oreilly refuses to admit the oslo shooter was a christian...A right wing christian. Damn.

"O'Reilly refuses to admit the Oslo maniac was a Christian""? When it comes to convoluted reasoning you lefties always take the cake. Maybe hatred gets in the way of intellect or maybe Michael Savage is right when he says liberalism is a mental illness. Don't you know what the word "admit" means? Since when is it O'Reilly's responsibility to analyze the religious beliefs of a psychotic Norwegen?

Last edited:
I agree with Bill.

We got the best deal we could get.

Time was up.

There is brinksmanship and then there is suicide.

The Republicans did the right thing passing the Debt Deal.

Last edited:
Most of the time I can't tolerate the O'Reilly show because it seems the only person he is interested in hearing speak is himself. He arrogant and rude, talking over the guests so that they are rarely able to express a complete thought.

Dennis Miller, funny, but he's a comedian with an opinion, and why he has earned a spot on that program I've yet to figure out.

Not exactly clear where O'Reilly stands politically...most of the time it seems whichever side at the moment drives his Talking Points home.

I think Fox does a fairly good job of being unbiased and makes an effort to hear all sides of issues. The problem is, some of the folks featured do not come off as favorable representatives for their party.

Forum List

Back