O'Reilly Called Racist for Remarks

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by William Joyce, Sep 26, 2007.

1. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
  2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Hey the article made the connection of Biden not being racist months ago, leaving the racism accusation as being the racist part of that conversation. They linked the two, making AP ahead of the pack. Weird how that went down.

3. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,428
    Once again, you're a shining beacon of ignorance.

O'Reilly sounded like a racist jerk because he was shocked that black people were well-dressed and acted "civilized'.

You have to have spent your life in a cave, or among people like you, to think like that. You, of course, thinking blacks are a subspecies, wouldn't understand that.

4. CorpMediaSux

CorpMediaSux Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I think that Bill O'Reilly is not the target for civil rights activists there are larger systemic problems that need to be addressed. It's not secret that Bill O'Reilly is racist, it's been proven many a time. What is wrong with the modern day civil rights movement is that it does not attack the issues that directly effect the Black working poor, they are obsessed with these cultural moments of insensitivity. Which are important and need to be denounced, but its a matter of where are your resources going.

5. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Park Slope, Brooklyn.

Wanna hear some stories? No? Oh, well. It's a message board, so tough shit. Here we go. So one day my wife and I are in Prospect Park, walking the dog. We're down by a pond. Out of nowhere, rocks come flying at us. They hit my wife, me, our dog. I run up, and it's a clutch of black teenagers. They go running.

Again, with the dog. A black boy throws a frisbee right at her head, whacking her. I say "WTF?" Black boy laughs. Pretty funny, eh?

I'm ut running one day. Two blacks see me coming. One says, "Run, Forrest, run!" Now that was actually pretty intelligent. Racist as hell, but intelligent.

Subway. Little Asian kid is playing a hand video game of some kind. Gang of black kids comes up to him and starts harassing. I look on, but I'm too worried to get involved. Know damn well that if anything breaks, I'm the bad guy. Anyway. They take his game, throw it out the open door. Then mock him in Asian accents. Again, who's the racist?

Subway. After school, gang of blacks gets on the F Train. They're "wilding", as the cute phrase goes. Everyone is terrified. One is challenging each passenger. "You lookin' at me, mothafucka?" Repeated to each passenger. Another one of these blacks dumps ice cream on the floor and laughs. Pretty funny, right? It's funny, jillian... in all my years in the city, I never did see Orthodox Jews act that way. You? Blacks acted that way every day.

Subway. Black man is rocking back and forth. Starts slapping the seat. Starts yelling, "I'm a kill a white mothafucka!" I'm the only white on the car. Really, I should have been grateful for this enriching experience. But I wasn't. I was scared shitless. Maybe, according to you, I should have gone over to him and tried to start a diversity lesson. Well, I never did. Shucks.

Want more? I got more. Blacks subhuman? Huh. If they're not, they sure as fuck aren't trying to hard to show it.

Again, it's funny. NYC is crammed with every race and ethnicity on earth. But for some damn reason, the worst-behaved are always, always, always BLACKS. Now why is that? Because of white racism, jillian? That's funny, because Asians aren't white, but I NEVER SEE ASIANS ACT THAT WAY, EVER. Not Jews, not Greeks, not Irish, not Lebanese, not Sri Lankan, not Indian, not Chinese, not Japanese. What gives here?

6. DiogenesDog

DiogenesDog Zen Bonobo

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    over drawn and have no clear examples that if Xian child had been a studious looking child with African heritage he would have been victimized? It would be just as mean and as boorish but still absent of racial intent.

I do not believe that you have a good grasp on racism in its pure state. Your examples are open to debate in their absence of clear evidence. It is my contention that racism practiced by the majority of "black" Americans has as much an Anglo/Euro component by way of their genetic heritage as any.

I make these statements from conclusions and evidence I have gathered in ethnic, anthropological and linguistic study. There is no pure race. There are collections of people who share melanin content and similar physical attributes. But to say that it is a race is ludicrous. You are ill informed and you retain ideation that is socially questionable and plainly anachronistic. It is not incurable. You could fix that if you so chose.

I AM

7. CorpMediaSux

CorpMediaSux Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    William Joyce you have two stories about under ten people. This tells us what about an entire race, nothing. You sir ARE a racist and you seem to wear that banner proudly. Shouldnt you be happy when people are labelled racist, there are more people in your club then.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I disagree. I've never heard O'Reilly be racist. I've heard him be unpolitically correct; which, is just fine with me. PC sucks.

You talk a good game, but when you are unwilling to identify the core demograph where a problem exists -- be it whites, blacks, martian ....-- you're never going to fix anything because you can't even say what it is you want to fix for fear of being labelled by the PC.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. CorpMediaSux

CorpMediaSux Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    You are half right. The problem is that solutions need to come from within the Black community not from without. However, you are wrong in that people who generalize about people based on race are in fact racist.

10. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    People who identify a person by race are identifying a person. If certain races in general are prone to a certain behavior, then it is completely appropriate and not racist to identify them as such.

Problem is, then along comes some literalist with a list of exceptions to the rule, when a general statement should always take into account exceptions. Rather than ask, someone comes along and cries "racist", as if that completely destroys the argument. It does not. It's cheap play on emotion in lieu of an intelligent argument.