O'Reilly Called Racist for Remarks

Hey the article made the connection of Biden not being racist months ago, leaving the racism accusation as being the racist part of that conversation. They linked the two, making AP ahead of the pack. Weird how that went down.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070926/D8RTEON00.html

Anyone is America is a racist if they are 1) white, 2) talk, and are 3) honest.

Yawn.

Blacks like to talk about "driving while black." I got one for ya. It's a crime called "talking while white."

Once again, you're a shining beacon of ignorance.

O'Reilly sounded like a racist jerk because he was shocked that black people were well-dressed and acted "civilized'.

You have to have spent your life in a cave, or among people like you, to think like that. You, of course, thinking blacks are a subspecies, wouldn't understand that.

I think that Bill O'Reilly is not the target for civil rights activists there are larger systemic problems that need to be addressed. It's not secret that Bill O'Reilly is racist, it's been proven many a time. What is wrong with the modern day civil rights movement is that it does not attack the issues that directly effect the Black working poor, they are obsessed with these cultural moments of insensitivity. Which are important and need to be denounced, but its a matter of where are your resources going.

You have to have spent your life in a cave, or among people like you, to think like that.

Park Slope, Brooklyn.

Wanna hear some stories? No? Oh, well. It's a message board, so tough shit. Here we go. So one day my wife and I are in Prospect Park, walking the dog. We're down by a pond. Out of nowhere, rocks come flying at us. They hit my wife, me, our dog. I run up, and it's a clutch of black teenagers. They go running.

Again, with the dog. A black boy throws a frisbee right at her head, whacking her. I say "WTF?" Black boy laughs. Pretty funny, eh?

I'm ut running one day. Two blacks see me coming. One says, "Run, Forrest, run!" Now that was actually pretty intelligent. Racist as hell, but intelligent.

Subway. Little Asian kid is playing a hand video game of some kind. Gang of black kids comes up to him and starts harassing. I look on, but I'm too worried to get involved. Know damn well that if anything breaks, I'm the bad guy. Anyway. They take his game, throw it out the open door. Then mock him in Asian accents. Again, who's the racist?

Subway. After school, gang of blacks gets on the F Train. They're "wilding", as the cute phrase goes. Everyone is terrified. One is challenging each passenger. "You lookin' at me, mothafucka?" Repeated to each passenger. Another one of these blacks dumps ice cream on the floor and laughs. Pretty funny, right? It's funny, jillian... in all my years in the city, I never did see Orthodox Jews act that way. You? Blacks acted that way every day.

Subway. Black man is rocking back and forth. Starts slapping the seat. Starts yelling, "I'm a kill a white mothafucka!" I'm the only white on the car. Really, I should have been grateful for this enriching experience. But I wasn't. I was scared shitless. Maybe, according to you, I should have gone over to him and tried to start a diversity lesson. Well, I never did. Shucks.

Want more? I got more. Blacks subhuman? Huh. If they're not, they sure as fuck aren't trying to hard to show it.

Again, it's funny. NYC is crammed with every race and ethnicity on earth. But for some damn reason, the worst-behaved are always, always, always BLACKS. Now why is that? Because of white racism, jillian? That's funny, because Asians aren't white, but I NEVER SEE ASIANS ACT THAT WAY, EVER. Not Jews, not Greeks, not Irish, not Lebanese, not Sri Lankan, not Indian, not Chinese, not Japanese. What gives here?

over drawn and have no clear examples that if Xian child had been a studious looking child with African heritage he would have been victimized? It would be just as mean and as boorish but still absent of racial intent.

I do not believe that you have a good grasp on racism in its pure state. Your examples are open to debate in their absence of clear evidence. It is my contention that racism practiced by the majority of "black" Americans has as much an Anglo/Euro component by way of their genetic heritage as any.

I make these statements from conclusions and evidence I have gathered in ethnic, anthropological and linguistic study. There is no pure race. There are collections of people who share melanin content and similar physical attributes. But to say that it is a race is ludicrous. You are ill informed and you retain ideation that is socially questionable and plainly anachronistic. It is not incurable. You could fix that if you so chose.

Park Slope, Brooklyn.

Wanna hear some stories? No? Oh, well. It's a message board, so tough shit. Here we go. So one day my wife and I are in Prospect Park, walking the dog. We're down by a pond. Out of nowhere, rocks come flying at us. They hit my wife, me, our dog. I run up, and it's a clutch of black teenagers. They go running.

I'm ut running one day. Two blacks see me coming. One says, "Run, Forrest, run!" Now that was actually pretty intelligent. Racist as hell, but intelligent.

Subway. Little Asian kid is playing a hand video game of some kind. Gang of black kids comes up to him and starts harassing. I look on, but I'm too worried to get involved. Know damn well that if anything breaks, I'm the bad guy. Anyway. They take his game, throw it out the open door. Then mock him in Asian accents. Again, who's the racist?

Subway. After school, gang of blacks gets on the F Train. They're "wilding", as the cute phrase goes. Everyone is terrified. One is challenging each passenger. "You lookin' at me, mothafucka?" Repeated to each passenger. Another one of these blacks dumps ice cream on the floor and laughs. Pretty funny, right? It's funny, jillian... in all my years in the city, I never did see Orthodox Jews act that way. You? Blacks acted that way every day.

Subway. Black man is rocking back and forth. Starts slapping the seat. Starts yelling, "I'm a kill a white mothafucka!" I'm the only white on the car. Really, I should have been grateful for this enriching experience. But I wasn't. I was scared shitless. Maybe, according to you, I should have gone over to him and tried to start a diversity lesson. Well, I never did. Shucks.

Want more? I got more. Blacks subhuman? Huh. If they're not, they sure as fuck aren't trying to hard to show it.

Again, it's funny. NYC is crammed with every race and ethnicity on earth. But for some damn reason, the worst-behaved are always, always, always BLACKS. Now why is that? Because of white racism, jillian? That's funny, because Asians aren't white, but I NEVER SEE ASIANS ACT THAT WAY, EVER. Not Jews, not Greeks, not Irish, not Lebanese, not Sri Lankan, not Indian, not Chinese, not Japanese. What gives here?

I AM

William Joyce you have two stories about under ten people. This tells us what about an entire race, nothing. You sir ARE a racist and you seem to wear that banner proudly. Shouldnt you be happy when people are labelled racist, there are more people in your club then.

I think that Bill O'Reilly is not the target for civil rights activists there are larger systemic problems that need to be addressed. It's not secret that Bill O'Reilly is racist, it's been proven many a time. What is wrong with the modern day civil rights movement is that it does not attack the issues that directly effect the Black working poor, they are obsessed with these cultural moments of insensitivity. Which are important and need to be denounced, but its a matter of where are your resources going.

I disagree. I've never heard O'Reilly be racist. I've heard him be unpolitically correct; which, is just fine with me. PC sucks.

You talk a good game, but when you are unwilling to identify the core demograph where a problem exists -- be it whites, blacks, martian ....-- you're never going to fix anything because you can't even say what it is you want to fix for fear of being labelled by the PC.

You talk a good game, but when you are unwilling to identify the core demograph where a problem exists -- be it whites, blacks, martian ....-- you're never going to fix anything because you can't even say what it is you want to fix for fear of being labelled by the PC.

You are half right. The problem is that solutions need to come from within the Black community not from without. However, you are wrong in that people who generalize about people based on race are in fact racist.

You are half right. The problem is that solutions need to come from within the Black community not from without. However, you are wrong in that people who generalize about people based on race are in fact racist.

People who identify a person by race are identifying a person. If certain races in general are prone to a certain behavior, then it is completely appropriate and not racist to identify them as such.

Problem is, then along comes some literalist with a list of exceptions to the rule, when a general statement should always take into account exceptions. Rather than ask, someone comes along and cries "racist", as if that completely destroys the argument. It does not. It's cheap play on emotion in lieu of an intelligent argument.

Park Slope, Brooklyn.

Again, with the dog. A black boy throws a frisbee right at her head, whacking her. I say "WTF?" Black boy laughs. Pretty funny, eh?

Park Slope? Well, at least it's not likely that I ever ran into you at Santa Fe. (I figure Mexican Food ain't your thing).

We all have bad experieces. Doesn't paint an entire race of people with the brush.

As for Asian kids never acting like that, depends on where the gangs are that attact the bad elements. In china town, you might see something a bit different than the stereotype in your head. Same for Russians in my part of the world.

What I find pathetic is that someone who is in a rich environment, with everything good and bad around him, can reduce the world to cultural stereotypes and refuse to view individuals.

I still so wouldn't want to be you. Inside your head must be a very ugly place.

As usual, William Joyce says what everyone else thinks, indeed knows, but with his own implications.

Liberals respond with hysteria and illogic. "Only a few examples!" "Others behave badly too!" They know better, I'm sure. (Hypothetical question to every guilty white liberal here: your car has broken down late at night. Would you prefer for it to have broken down in a (1) Jewish (2) Chinese (3) Greek or (4) Black neighborhood?)

But of course, it is true that anecdotes are not data. It is true that there are exceptions to the rule.

So let's look at some objective data: Black vs non-Black violent crime rates.

I assume everyone is familiar with these, so I won't bother to post the links unless asked -- and I know that the liberals couldn't care less: they drink the same kool-aid fundamentalist Christians do when confronted with the overwhelming evidence for the age of the Earth. The ability of people to deny the reality that is staring them in the face is limitless. But at least the poor fundies are generally of below average intelligence and of poor education. Liberals do not have that excuse.

So what are we to conclude from these facts?

For one thing, note a little problem we have in English, and probably every other natural language: we can use plural nouns ("Blacks" "Whites" "birds") without quantifiers -- it's still syntactically correct.

If I say "Birds can fly" I have not uttered an untruth ... but I have misled my listeners about penguins. I should have said "Most birds can fly". Thus the statement "X's have a higher crime rate than Y's" seems to be a statement about every X. Yet we may know X's who would never dream of commiting crimes, and we may know of Y's who are criminal.)

Therefore, let us agree that "Blacks have a much higher crime rate than whites" is a purely statistical statement, which does not imply that every Black is a criminal, or even that most Blacks are criminals. It simply means ... Blacks have a higher crime rate than whites, just as Germans committed more deliberate atrocities against civilians than Frenchmen did in WWII.

Civilized people will know these things are true, and honest people will not deny them, without necessarily trumpeting these facts about on every occasion. Since we have got to live with the Germans, and we hope that they can transcend their unfortunate history of supporting psychopathic murderers, in polite conversation which includes them we will either avoid the subject, or will concentrate on the fact that a minority of Germans were Nazis, and that there was also a minority who gave their lives opposing the Nazis. This is how civilized people behave.

So also with the question of Black crime and disorder. It only needs to be brought up in a polemical way if there is a group of "Holocaust deniers" who try to deny or alibi it. Then we have to get down to facts.

Of course, the interesting questions are not these clear-cut factual statistics, but rather (1) what might the reasons be for this appalling state of affairs, and (2) what should we do about it, if anything?

While I don't believe those comments were PC, I don't think he is a racist. The Libs like to mark all conservatives as racist.

Shogun is a prefect example!

GHook: William Joyce is a dismayingly intelligent man. But his choice of screen name indicates that he has deliberately placed himself beyond the Pale. Too bad. We need all the smart people we can get. Let us be charitable and say that the constant nauseating hypocrisy of white liberals has driven him mad.

I agree. I think the problem he might have faced was more of a social economic factor. And I am not saying all Blacks are poor! But I do see people of social economics classes act in less humane, less caring of other people and ignorant and hyprocritical ways. Don't just look at the ghettos. Take the trailer parks (which are really a haven for white trash) and you could get the same treatment their also.

While I don't believe those comments were PC, I don't think he is a racist. The Libs like to mark all conservatives as racist.

Shogun is a prefect example!

oh go peddle your antisemite label somewhere else, ya automaton.

Forum List

Back