Oregon's 'Rain Man' Begins Serving Sentence For Rainwater Theft...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
As the Big Brother bootlickers rejoice. Got another one of them America-Hating Terrorists off the street. WTG Big Brother!

Gary Harrington, the Oregon man convicted of collecting rainwater and snow runoff on his rural property surrendered Wednesday morning to begin serving his 30-day, jail sentence in Medford, Ore.

“I’m sacrificing my liberty so we can stand up as a country and stand for our liberty,” Harrington told a small crowd of people gathered outside of the Jackson County (Ore.) Jail.

Several people held signs that showed support for Harrington as he was taken inside the jail.

Harrington was found guilty two weeks ago of breaking a 1925 law for having, what state water managers called “three illegal reservoirs” on his property. He was convicted of nine misdemeanors, sentenced to 30 days in jail and fined over $1500 for collecting rainwater and snow runoff on his property.

The Oregon Water Resources Department, claims that Harrington has been violating the state’s water use law by diverting water from streams running into the Big Butte River.

But Harrington says he is not diverting the state's water -- merely collecting rainwater and snow melt that falls or flows on his own property.

Harrington has vowed to continue to fight the penalty, stating that the government has become “big bullies” and that “from here on in, I’m going to fight it"...

More:
Man Sentenced to 30 Days for Catching Rain Water on Own Property Enters Jail | CNSNews.com
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

those 1925 laws are a beehotch. who was President, Coolidge?

Sounds like it was a legit arrest.

State Water Resources Department officials say Harrington has three dams across channels that cross his property outside of Medford and feed into Big Butte Creek. The creek is a tributary of the Rogue River.

Two of the dams stand about 10 feet high and the third is about 20 feet tall. Harrington stocked the reservoirs that formed behind the dams with trout and bluegill, built boat docks and used the ponds for fishing.

It is illegal to divert and store waters of the state without a permit.

If the Hudson River flows through my property, is it my right to stop it from going the rest of the way? lulzzzzz.....stop commerce? stop water-run generators in green island? idiocy.

We can all sleep better now, knowing this terrible America-Hater is off the streets. Thank you Big Brother. Who's next?

We can all sleep better now, knowing this terrible America-Hater is off the streets. Thank you Big Brother. Who's next?

Well yea, by diverting the channels hr was disrupting the liberty and commerce of other citizens. But do you even HAVE a brain? honest....

State Water Resources Department officials say Harrington has three dams across channels that cross his property outside of Medford and feed into Big Butte Creek. The creek is a tributary of the Rogue River.

Two of the dams stand about 10 feet high and the third is about 20 feet tall. Harrington stocked the reservoirs that formed behind the dams with trout and bluegill, built boat docks and used the ponds for fishing.

If the Hudson River flows through my property, is it my right to stop it from going the rest of the way? lulzzzzz.....stop commerce? stop water-run generators in green island? idiocy.

Well if we want to go technically, then once the water is on his property, as long as it is entirely in his property, then the state is storing and transporting water without compensating him for the use of his property. That would probably be a comdenation, and he should be compensated for it.

I wonder if that tactic would work.

Also the hudson is a bit bigger.

I think I'll build a dam and canal where my property meets The Colorado, divert a few billion gallons of water into my new lake.

The Folks in Vegas who complain? Bunch of anti-freedom whining bee-atches. Let them drink Kool-aid! It's my fucking water man.

Well if we want to go technically, then once the water is on his property, as long as it is entirely in his property, then the state is storing and transporting water without compensating him for the use of his property. That would probably be a comdenation, and he should be compensated for it.

Purchasing property comes with laws and stipulations, and you are free to evaluate and not buy after studying such things.

All he needed was a permit, but he skirted it at the risk of others in his 'hood. Grimy, imo.

The 'War on Rain-Collectors.' Ya gotta love Big Brother...Or do ya?

I think I'll build a dam and canal where my property meets The Colorado, divert a few billion gallons of water into my new lake.

The Folks in Vegas who complain? Bunch of anti-freedom whining bee-atches. Let them drink Kool-aid! It's my fucking water man.

I dont think Paul will..."get this," to be real witcha.

Purchasing property comes with laws and stipulations, and you are free to evaluate and not buy after studying such things.

All he needed was a permit, but he skirted it at the risk of others in his 'hood. Grimy, imo.

A lot of times when it comes to something like this, a "permit" will not be given. Is there any record of him trying to get a permit and the state's authority denying him?

I get why out west water is regulated, but I am curious to see if the whole permitting thing is just a defacto ban on any water retention, or do they actually issue permits.

A lot of times when it comes to something like this, a "permit" will not be given. Is there any record of him trying to get a permit and the state's authority denying him?

I get why out west water is regulated, but I am curious to see if the whole permitting thing is just a defacto ban on any water retention, or do they actually issue permits.

It's good to be curious - but reserve judgement until said curiousity is fulfilled.

It seems perfectly reasonable, at face value, to require a permit for something that would necessarily effect the rest of the populace dependant on said water-source.

Forum List

Back