Oregon's First District Special Election

Sep 12, 2008
To replace David Wu, who had problems similar to Neil Goldschmit and Anthony Weiner.

Primary day is November 8, Election day is in January.

Prior to 1974 the seat had been held by a republican since statehood. Since then it has been held by a democrat.

The two main candidates so far are Bob Cornilles the Republican and Brad Arvakian the Democrat, but there are several other candidates contending for each party.

Since I live deep in the Third district, I can't vote in this election either.

What is interesting is that Brad Arvakian is advertising heavily on Google, which means he is showing up all over my web browsing. Including on this site. His main schtick is opposition to the Tea Party. I am wondering if that is really a sensible thing to campaign on.

To replace David Wu, who had problems similar to Neil Goldschmit and Anthony Weiner.

Primary day is November 8, Election day is in January.

Prior to 1974 the seat had been held by a republican since statehood. Since then it has been held by a democrat.

The two main candidates so far are Bob Cornilles the Republican and Brad Arvakian the Democrat, but there are several other candidates contending for each party.

Since I live deep in the Third district, I can't vote in this election either.

What is interesting is that Brad Arvakian is advertising heavily on Google, which means he is showing up all over my web browsing. Including on this site. His main schtick is opposition to the Tea Party. I am wondering if that is really a sensible thing to campaign on.

Why would he oppose a grassroots division? It doesn't make sense to me. You would think he would at least keep quiet about his opposition so as not to rock his boat from any unknown future wave. Strange.

Here in Oregon it will work just fine :) Texas...Not so much.

Forum List

Back