Oregon Woman Loses $400,000 to Nigerian E-Mail Scam

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Oregon Woman Loses $400,000 to Nigerian E-Mail Scam

SWEET HOME, Ore. — An Oregon woman who is out $400,000 after falling for a well-known Internet scam says she wasn't a sucker or an easy mark.

Janella Spears of Sweet Home says she simply became curious when she received an e-mail promising her $20.5 million if she would only help out a long-lost relative identified as J.B. Spears with a little money up front.

Spears told KATU-TV about the scammers' ability to identify her relative by name was persuasive.

"That's what got me to believe it," She said. "So, why wouldn't you send over $100?"

FOXNews.com - Oregon Woman Loses $400,000 to Nigerian E-Mail Scam - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News

this lady takes the cake

I wonder if we taxpayers will be expected to bail her sorry azz out!

given how many people voted for G.W. this is hardly surprising...

You know, Darwin has a point..this woman needs to be taken outside and dumped off a bridge....she us using up useful oxygen.

I wonder if we taxpayers will be expected to bail her sorry azz out!

Why not? Shit......we've bailed out Wall St., we're getting ready to have to bail out GM.

What's an extra 400,000 or so? It's not like she's looking for a billion.........

(Spoken while channneling a Repugnican).

DD, voting for Obama hasn't proven to be stupid yet. Now only time will tell on that front but it's already established that voting for Bush WAS stupid....

DD, voting for Obama hasn't proven to be stupid yet. Now only time will tell on that front but it's already established that voting for Bush WAS stupid....

Considering Obama's history, associations etc... yes.. the stupid were duped into voting for him.. in the dictionary under "Obamabot" it says "see stupid"

As for Bush.... he's worse on the economy in this time of crisis than I would expect.... and he's been much more big government than a conservative likes... but except to the far lefties, he has not been all bad

Considering Obama's history, associations etc... yes.. the stupid were duped into voting for him.. in the dictionary under "Obamabot" it says "see stupid"

As for Bush.... he's worse on the economy in this time of crisis than I would expect.... and he's been much more big government than a conservative likes... but except to the far lefties, he has not been all bad

Wait a minute......you didn't expect him to be this bad on the economy in times of crisis?

What? Did you not know about his failures with other companies and his baseball team?

Fact: The fucker known as Bush Jr. has NO SENSE when it comes to crisis.

Why not? Shit......we've bailed out Wall St., we're getting ready to have to bail out GM.

What's an extra 400,000 or so? It's not like she's looking for a billion.........

(Spoken while channneling a Repugnican).

Is this woman's name by chance Sarah Palin? :lol:

you are so correct, obamalama has a plan to shift 850B dollars of taxpayers money to Kenya,, Kenya,,,, Nigeria,, what the hey!

I think you're the one who's a little dumb here, Dave. Obama's associations? Come on. Some guy who he served on a charity board with is questionable?? Honestly. We've been through this. Ayes is nothing. Khalidi is an American who doesn't support violence, Rezko's nothing and Wright is... well, Wright is just Wright.

Dunno who it was.....just knew that I needed to brush my teeth, take a shower and have an enema when I was done. Had to clean myself inside and out.

Gawd.........feels nasty........

Dude, joke all you want about current events, politics and politicians but please don't give us visuals of you giving yourself an enema. That's just wrong.

LOL.. we were duped and bush wasnt that bad... oh man it is you that takes the cake dave....

Forum List

Back