Oregon said Obama stay away..so guess who's coming to Roseburg?

You don't get to dictate what Obama does, and neither does that Republican rag of a newspaper. If the family members of the victims don't want to meet with him, they won't.

Excuse me? Last time I checked, MR. Obama was our employee. Furthermore, it's THEIR town, so that does convey some right for them to say, "Stay the fuck out."

More to the point - one that liberals never seem to get - it's just incredibly arrogant and crass of him.
But, dahlin' not ALL of the Roseburg citizenry felt that way. Besides Obama came to meet with the relatives of the victims, not the few anti-Obama Putin loving fanatics wearing guns to show how "patriotic" they aren't. Those idiots were an embarrassment. to the country.

Would it have mattered to Obama or you if the entire citizenry had said so? And is there any reason why he couldn't have respected people's wishes and brought any relatives of the victims who wanted to meet with him to DC? It certainly wouldn't have been the first time he dragged someone in for a royal audience and photo op. He went to Roseburg just to show everyone who's in charge.
I think if the victims families had gone to the local TV station all together and protested Obama's visit, he wouldn't have come. That didn't happen so he came visited and left. Big deal!
Why did he come? He admitted he was going to politicize the shooting and that may have been a part of it,. However, I don't think the president needs any reassurance as to who is in charge. I believe he thought he should come to this mass shooting in particular because the shooter was a (mulatto?) who killed a lot of Whites. Coming on the heels of his visit to Charleston when a white shooter shot a lot of Blacks did Obama really have a choice?

Then you have more faith in his decency than any of his past behavior warrants.

that statement would only be true to the Obama-deranged loons.

having read your posts, your idea of "decency" is questionable at best

But, dahlin' not ALL of the Roseburg citizenry felt that way. Besides Obama came to meet with the relatives of the victims, not the few anti-Obama Putin loving fanatics wearing guns to show how "patriotic" they aren't. Those idiots were an embarrassment. to the country.

Would it have mattered to Obama or you if the entire citizenry had said so? And is there any reason why he couldn't have respected people's wishes and brought any relatives of the victims who wanted to meet with him to DC? It certainly wouldn't have been the first time he dragged someone in for a royal audience and photo op. He went to Roseburg just to show everyone who's in charge.
I think if the victims families had gone to the local TV station all together and protested Obama's visit, he wouldn't have come. That didn't happen so he came visited and left. Big deal!
Why did he come? He admitted he was going to politicize the shooting and that may have been a part of it,. However, I don't think the president needs any reassurance as to who is in charge. I believe he thought he should come to this mass shooting in particular because the shooter was a (mulatto?) who killed a lot of Whites. Coming on the heels of his visit to Charleston when a white shooter shot a lot of Blacks did Obama really have a choice?

Sure he had a choice. The only thing keeping him from using this tragedy to promote his political agenda was the public. If not for that, we would have been treated to another anti-gun speech. But when he got there, he ran off and hid behind closed doors.

There you go with that ambiguous "public" that no one can quite put an identity on.
There are quite a few people in your "public" that thought the president's gesture was great.

ANTI_GUN SPEECH? I haven't heard any anti-gun speech by Obama. I have heard a deep concern for all the mass shootings and for stricter controls over who can buy a gun. (Which I don't agree with by the way and I have explained why in other posts..)

THE VISIT: Obama said he was coming to meet with the families of the victims and he did that.
With a number of "conservative" Obama haters walking around armed, I think his closed door session was wise

And why is that, because you think a reporter might have shot him?

Every single time there's a shooting like this, DumBama gives an anti-gun speech. When he addressed the nation after Oregon, he said straight out he admired our allies of Great Britain and Australia for their gun control measures. And what was their measures? Disarming the public.

Hillary (during the debate) addressed our gun situation too. She said that gun manufacturers should be held liable for people getting shot. In other words, if left up to her, people would be able to sue the gun manufacturers out of business. That's gun control by simply creating a law that allows for such a suit.

You can't make excuses for these people. We have to be careful about who we elect for President in this country because left up to an anti-gun leftist, they will put in judges that will take away our right of gun ownership. And don't tell me it can't happen either. We know who the man behind the curtain is.

Neither Great Britain or Australia have the US Constitutional 2nd Amendment. No matter what Obama says he is smart enough to know the consequences that face him if he unilaterally tries to take guns away from us. I am not going to give my guns up no matter who is president. Are YOU?

Sure he had a choice. The only thing keeping him from using this tragedy to promote his political agenda was the public. If not for that, we would have been treated to another anti-gun speech. But when he got there, he ran off and hid behind closed doors.

There you go with that ambiguous "public" that no one can quite put an identity on.
There are quite a few people in your "public" that thought the president's gesture was great.

ANTI_GUN SPEECH? I haven't heard any anti-gun speech by Obama. I have heard a deep concern for all the mass shootings and for stricter controls over who can buy a gun. (Which I don't agree with by the way and I have explained why in other posts..)

THE VISIT: Obama said he was coming to meet with the families of the victims and he did that.
With a number of "conservative" Obama haters walking around armed, I think his closed door session was wise

Every single time there's a shooting like this, DumBama gives an anti-gun speech. When he addressed the nation after Oregon, he said straight out he admired our allies of Great Britain and Australia for their gun control measures. And what was their measures? Disarming the public.

Hillary (during the debate) addressed our gun situation too. She said that gun manufacturers should be held liable for people getting shot. In other words, if left up to her, people would be able to sue the gun manufacturers out of business. That's gun control by simply creating a law that allows for such a suit.

You can't make excuses for these people. We have to be careful about who we elect for President in this country because left up to an anti-gun leftist, they will put in judges that will take away our right of gun ownership. And don't tell me it can't happen either. We know who the man behind the curtain is.

Neither Great Britain or Australia have the US Constitutional 2nd Amendment. No matter what Obama says he is smart enough to know the consequences that face him if he unilaterally tries to take guns away from us. I am not going to give my guns up no matter who is president. Are YOU?

he has never said he's "taking away your guns". but normal people would agree that certain people shouldn't have them and the appropriate mechanisms should be in place to make sure they don't.

based on the numbers, most gun owners agree.

he has never said he's "taking away your guns". but normal people would agree that certain people shouldn't have them and the appropriate mechanisms should be in place to make sure they don't.

based on the numbers, most gun owners agree.

I haven't heard Obama say that he is going to take our guns away but he did praise Australia for their prohibition of guns after a rash of mass shootings. He may wish for similar action but that is not going to happen. Further, there is no way to get law abiding citizens to willingly turn over their weapons under any circumstances. If force is used, there will be a civil war.
Lastly, the nation is already saturated by guns. Every nut case out there probably has direct or indirect access to one already. No legislation can control that.

Of course not. But the Constitution is the only thing stopping the left from taking our guns. That can change unless people really consider what the consequences will be with Supreme Court nominations if a liberal ends up as our next President. It's not over until the fat lady sings.

And lefties know it. When they say there is no movement to take guns, they're lying. One second they say "take guns from all these groups of people and make these types of guns illegal and make it hard for everybody to legally buy guns and don't allow people to use guns for protection".and as soon as someone says "don't take our guns" they shriek nobody wants to disarm you, dummies!" Hello, yes...you do.

It took the Supreme Court to make a ruling to force some of these states to adopt a CCW law. Other than that they would still be no gun states.

The left has made other suggestions to make it harder to be a gun owner such as taxing ammunition, buying liability insurance for your gun, restricting magazine sizes and so on.

The Constitution may stop them from making an actual law against guns, but that doesn't mean they can't accomplish the same goal by using other methods.

Of course not. But the Constitution is the only thing stopping the left from taking our guns. That can change unless people really consider what the consequences will be with Supreme Court nominations if a liberal ends up as our next President. It's not over until the fat lady sings.

Who the heck is the left; People who have had bad experiences with guns being used on them or against them? I don't buy into political labels. But do you believe at least SOMETHING has to be done to curb the mass shooting rate that seem to be spiraling out of control?

1. Well, we know we can't ban guns, that has been ruled unconstitutional and even if it wasn't, the American people wouldn't stand for it;

2. None of the plans I have heard tossed about by Democrats seem feasible.

3. The republicans are running scared and rarely, if ever, even mention any kind of strategy to address mass shootings.

4. I guess, realistically, the only option is to leave the citizens alone and let them protect themselves as best they can. Armed f course.

And lefties know it. When they say there is no movement to take guns, they're lying. One second they say "take guns from all these groups of people and make these types of guns illegal and make it hard for everybody to legally buy guns and don't allow people to use guns for protection".and as soon as someone says "don't take our guns" they shriek nobody wants to disarm you, dummies!" Hello, yes...you do.

It took the Supreme Court to make a ruling to force some of these states to adopt a CCW law. Other than that they would still be no gun states.

The left has made other suggestions to make it harder to be a gun owner such as taxing ammunition, buying liability insurance for your gun, restricting magazine sizes and so on.

The Constitution may stop them from making an actual law against guns, but that doesn't mean they can't accomplish the same goal by using other methods.

I am not sure ever one on the "left" is anti-gun and I am not so sure that everyone on the "right: is pro gun proliferation. IMHO, NOTHING can be done to prevent a responsible gun owner from going bonkers one day out of the blue and killing a bunch of people. All human beings are potential killers given the right set of circumstances and the Constitution gives ALL of them the right to keep and bear arms. End of story!

Who the heck is the left; People who have had bad experiences with guns being used on them or against them? I don't buy into political labels. But do you believe at least SOMETHING has to be done to curb the mass shooting rate that seem to be spiraling out of control?

1. Well, we know we can't ban guns, that has been ruled unconstitutional and even if it wasn't, the American people wouldn't stand for it;

2. None of the plans I have heard tossed about by Democrats seem feasible.

3. The republicans are running scared and rarely, if ever, even mention any kind of strategy to address mass shootings.

4. I guess, realistically, the only option is to leave the citizens alone and let them protect themselves as best they can. Armed f course.

That is the only thing we can do. After all, most of these mass shootings take place in gun free zones. Most of the killers are from broken or single-parent families.

Solution? Perhaps try to promote families again. Reduce the amount of gun free zones we have in this country.

Excuse me? Last time I checked, MR. Obama was our employee. Furthermore, it's THEIR town, so that does convey some right for them to say, "Stay the fuck out."

More to the point - one that liberals never seem to get - it's just incredibly arrogant and crass of him.

Then you have more faith in his decency than any of his past behavior warrants.

that statement would only be true to the Obama-deranged loons.

having read your posts, your idea of "decency" is questionable at best

Coming from you, that means absolutely nothing . . . just like everything else that comes from you.

Forum List

Back