Oregon health authority won't reveal how many are being monitored for coronavirus

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
OPINION (ETH) – If this report doesn’t send a chill down your spine, I don’t know what will? According to a local affiliate our of Oregon, The Oregon Health Authority is refusing to reveal how many people in the state of Oregon are being monitored for the coronavirus. According to a Spokesman named Jonathan Modie “there is a lot of stigma connected to the virus right now.” Modie went on to state that withholding the total number of people monitored would “protect the privacy of the individuals we are monitoring.” quoting a state law, ORS 433.008, which he said means “any information obtained by OHA or a local public health authority in the course of an investigation of a reportable disease or disease outbreak is confidential.”
Oregon Health Authority won't reveal how many are being monitored for coronavirus,

WHAT THE HELL DO THESE LOW LIFE SCUM BAGS HAVE TO HIDE!!!!!!!!!

“protect the privacy of the individuals we are monitoring.”

I guess they feel if they say 300 are being monitored that gives away PII or HIPPA violations, but if no names, phone numbers or addresses given how can that be a violation? I don't see it.

You know why! They are trying to stop panic in their state.

Here is something that worries me: Afghanistan just reported their first (diagnosed) case. They have a long border with Iran, where the virus is running free. Of course Afghanistan has zero health system, so presumably it's running free there, too.

And so our soldiers will catch it, and then they'll bring it back here?

Throughout history, diseases are moved around by military actions more than any other cause. Soldiers are crammed together and they spread plagues everywhere they go. Looks to me as if our military did miss their best chance of getting us OUTOUTOUT of Afganistan before this epidemic started.

Forum List

Back