Oregon Gunman: Conservative Republican

It means militias are cool. It doesn't mean you have to be in one to exercise your right to keep and bear arms.

Your turn.
Militias are cool. So some dude in a powdered wig decided to give a shout out to Militias in the middle of the Amendment?
What's that?
You hate the fact that you know you cannot cite the part of the Constitution that says """if you're not a member of the Militia, you are not constitutionally allowed to carry weapons"?
You hate the fact that this means you lose?
Any sane reading of the 2nd Amendment delivers one to that truth.
Your opinion is not found in the Constitution.

The word Militia is there for a reason. What was it there for again? Oh yeah, you're on parrot mode.

So are the words "the right of the people" added by both Federalists and Anti Federalists.
Both Federalists and Anti federalists believed that the main danger to the republic was tyrannical government and the ultimate check on tyrannical government was an armed population not just the militia.

Militias are cool. So some dude in a powdered wig decided to give a shout out to Militias in the middle of the Amendment?
What's that?
You hate the fact that you know you cannot cite the part of the Constitution that says """if you're not a member of the Militia, you are not constitutionally allowed to carry weapons"?
You hate the fact that this means you lose?
Any sane reading of the 2nd Amendment delivers one to that truth.
Your opinion is not found in the Constitution.

The word Militia is there for a reason. What was it there for again? Oh yeah, you're on parrot mode.

So are the words "the right of the people" added by both Federalists and Anti Federalists.
Both Federalists and Anti federalists believed that the main danger to the republic was tyrannical government and the ultimate check on tyrannical government was an armed population not just the militia.

It would be a lot like saying that all of the 18 year olds were in favor of 18 year olds being given the right to vote by the 26th Amendment. There were likely some who thought 18 y/o were not mentally ready and some who thought 16 y/o were.

The Constitution says what it says. We should enforce it. Just not the parts that are popular.

Who did Obama give all the money and supplies to, radical Syrians? Wow, genius!
Obama didn't give money to anyone. The GOP House controls all funding.

Why am I arguing with someone who:

a - doesn't know how the government works
b - doesn't know how to use the quote feature on this site.

Obama Proposes $500 Million to Aid Syrian Rebels

The quote feature leaves something to be desired.
Sorry that you're so easily confused.
He also proposed a huge Jobs Bill. The House didn't approve the funding.

He can propose anything he wants.

Another FAIL, Todd.

murraydonutdonutdonut.gif

doesn't know how the government works

A $500m effort to train Syrian forces against the Islamic State has resulted in only a handful of fighters actively battling the jihadi army, the top military commander overseeing the war has testified.

“We’re talking four or five,” General Lloyd Austin, commander of US Central Command, told a dissatisfied Senate armed services committee on Wednesday.

The training initiative is Barack Obama’s linchpin for retaking Syrian territory from Isis. The Pentagon anticipated in late 2014 that it would have trained 5,000 anti-Isis Syrian rebels by now.

US has trained only 'four or five' Syrian fighters against Isis, top general testifies

Good show! Excellent job Obama! LOL!
I believe this was McCain and his girlfriend Lindsey Graham's Big Idea. Obama went along with it and gave the mission to the military. The military failed miserably. They should be re-named Todd.

But if you can show where Obama trained anyone, I'm certainly open-minded enough to look at it.

Ah,. So you admit cannot quote the text of the constitution that supports your claim.
You lose.
The word Militia is there for a reason
Fact of the matter is, you and I both know there is no part of the Constitution that says ""if you're not a member of the Militia, you are not constitutionally allowed to carry weapons".
Again, you admit cannot quote the text of the constitution that supports your claim.
Again, You lose.
The word Militia is there for a reason. You can ignore it all you want but soon the courts won't and voila...the monthly blood baths stop.
I'm sorry -- were you going to cite the part of the Constitution that says """if you're not a member of the Militia, you are not constitutionally allowed to carry weapons".?
No?
You lose.
It says Militia for a reason. Do you deny that little man?
You won this pages ago, and I'm set to 40 posts per page!

The word Militia is there for a reason
Fact of the matter is, you and I both know there is no part of the Constitution that says ""if you're not a member of the Militia, you are not constitutionally allowed to carry weapons".
Again, you admit cannot quote the text of the constitution that supports your claim.
Again, You lose.
The word Militia is there for a reason. You can ignore it all you want but soon the courts won't and voila...the monthly blood baths stop.
I'm sorry -- were you going to cite the part of the Constitution that says """if you're not a member of the Militia, you are not constitutionally allowed to carry weapons".?
No?
You lose.
It says Militia for a reason. Do you deny that little man?
You won this pages ago, and I'm set to 40 posts per page!
if there was ever proof that CC lost an argument, it's an endorsement from you.

A $500m effort to train Syrian forces against the Islamic State has resulted in only a handful of fighters actively battling the jihadi army, the top military commander overseeing the war has testified.

“We’re talking four or five,” General Lloyd Austin, commander of US Central Command, told a dissatisfied Senate armed services committee on Wednesday.

The training initiative is Barack Obama’s linchpin for retaking Syrian territory from Isis. The Pentagon anticipated in late 2014 that it would have trained 5,000 anti-Isis Syrian rebels by now.

US has trained only 'four or five' Syrian fighters against Isis, top general testifies

I believe this was McCain and his girlfriend Lindsey Graham's Big Idea. Obama went along with it and gave the mission to the military. The military failed miserably. They should be re-named Todd.

But if you can show where Obama trained anyone, I'm certainly open-minded enough to look at it.

Obama went along with it and gave the mission to the military. The military failed miserably

Obama failed.

Obama went along with it and gave the mission to the military. The military failed miserably
Obama failed.
Failure always falls on the head of leadership.
Who leads the military? The Commander-in-Chief.

How much do you want to bet that even though he is a self professed con some of the clowns on the board will make up every excuse to say why he was not up to and including some elaborate conspiracy theory?

I thought you Liberal idiots said conservatives are religious nuts. This guy said he's not religious and doesn't like organized religion.

I'm sure many more of them described themselves as liberal though for some reason liberals stay silent about it.

Synthaholic pulls this stunt every time there is a shooting or riot.........says ALL of these events touched off by a "conservative"!!!! You can set your watch by it......within hours the thread is posted.

ok s0n............:funnyface::funnyface::fu::funnyface::funnyface::fu::funnyface::funnyface::fu:

Dang what a Shirley...........

The point is, if they wanted to limit the right to only militia members, they could have easily said that.

Which was likely their intent. We've just interpreted it differently. A few more level-headed justices on the Supreme Court and appointments by HRC to lower courts will go a long way in correcting this.

Which was likely their intent.

Right, they meant to say only the militia could bear arms instead they said the people could bear arms. LOL!

A few more level-headed justices on the Supreme Court and appointments by HRC to lower courts will go a long way in correcting this.

Yeah, she won't be appointing any Federal judges.
And the Supreme Court won't be using your incorrect reading of the plain wording either.

Remains to be seen. Right now, her chances look very good for not only winning but replacing Scalia.

She can't win if she's indicted.

She won't be indicted and she will win.

and she will win.

Is that your final answer?

Forum List

Back