Oregon Bakers: You get to pay 135,000 for being radical religious morons, Judge so orders!

Ignorance vomits.

I don't support racism, I support freedom.

you're just to fucking dumb to see that supporting freedom over feelings is more important.
Fuck off to Chechnya if you dont like it.
I'm trying to prevent a free country from becoming a tyrannical shit hole.
I suggest that you follow the principle of "all men are created equal."
they are

and in our Constitution, we have Property RIGHTS

your leftist hate for freedom is well noted, the pride you take in supporting government tyranny sickens me.
We also have freedom of RELIGION.

Which means we can't be fined and imprisoned for refusing to violate our consciences...unless that refusal PREVENTS a person from enjoying THEIR rights.

Refusing to enter into a contract to bake a special cake for a fake wedding is not a crime. It is not discrimination. It's nothing. They offered the yahoos a case cake, they did not deny them service. They didn't tell them to leave. They just failed to contract with them for the purpose of creating a decorative celebratory centerpiece for an event they believe they will lose favor with God for endorsing.

The homos weren't denied cake. They were denied endorsement. Endorsement is not a right.
The courts dont agree with you hun.

they are

your leftist hate for freedom is well noted, the pride you take in supporting government tyranny sickens me.

Which means we can't be fined and imprisoned for refusing to violate our consciences...unless that refusal PREVENTS a person from enjoying THEIR rights.

Refusing to enter into a contract to bake a special cake for a fake wedding is not a crime. It is not discrimination. It's nothing. They offered the yahoos a case cake, they did not deny them service. They didn't tell them to leave. They just failed to contract with them for the purpose of creating a decorative celebratory centerpiece for an event they believe they will lose favor with God for endorsing.

The homos weren't denied cake. They were denied endorsement. Endorsement is not a right.
Oregon courts are a national disgrace. Even the hard leftists don't pretend law, and the edicts of the court, are in any way related.

they are

Oregon courts are a national disgrace. Even the hard leftists don't pretend law, and the edicts of the court, are in any way related.
You lost - deal with it.

Those bakers should have baked that stupid cake and put ground up glass in it. Or strychnine.
OMG You people are something else, wishing death on everybody. You do realize that wanting people to die because you disagree with them isn't Christian? Or American? Or anything you pretend to value?
Neither is sing people cause they won’t make you a cake!
That's hardly the same thing as wishing peoples' death.
Wishing ain’t getting, but setting out to ruin a person’s livelihood is vile.

Court rules against Oregon bakers who refused to make gay wedding cake
The Oregon Court of Appeals on Thursday upheld a $135,000 fine against two Christian bakers who refused to make a wedding cake for a same-sex couple.

The case began back in January 2013, when Aaron and Melissa Klein, owners of the since-closed Sweet Cakes by Melissa bakery just outside Portland, Oregon, cited their religious beliefs when declining to make a wedding cake for Rachel and Laurel Bowman-Cryer.

Following the incident, the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries found the Kleins in violation of a 2007 state law that protects the rights of LGBTQ people in employment, housing and public accommodations. In 2015, the couple was ordered to pay the Bowman-Cryers emotional distress damages.
Court rules against Oregon bakers who refused to make gay wedding cake

:dance::clap::clap2::happy-1::happy-1:Happy New Years too, THESE LOSER MENTAL ANAL RELIGIOUS BOY RAPE SUPPORTER BAKER MORONS. As you will always bake cakes for raper priest klans roaming our streets. Following fake gods, does suck folks, as shown here by these losers. And costly as well. For what in the end? Just to show others
who are the sickest mental thinkers, walking the planet are. :happy-1:

1514507803842.jpg

Melissa and Aaron Klein have been ordered to pay $135,000 to a lesbian couple the bakers declined to make a cake for. (Courtesy Sweet Cakes by Melissa)
“Support Sweet Cakes by Melissa”, which raised over $100,000 before it was shut down by GoFundMe, who stated that the campaign was not compatible with their terms of service.

WOW? The cake would have made them a few bucks. But they wanted to give them a 135K Cash wedding gift..LOL!

BTW: Really, these folks still follow gods after the church paid out 600-1.3 billion in damages for raping kids. WTF is with that? Preist ASSAULT on children (rape) okay
and still follows fake lords. but if, two adults, legal ones, and their personal sexual relationship is not to be allowed, and protested by mentally sick bakers. WTF is with THAT?

Will be overturned eventually.

Unless of course you are down for black businesses being fined huge amounts for refusing business to neo-Nazis and KKK.

"Radical religious morons". Was the crazy angry left referring to ISIS monsters who beheaded people or jihad maniacs who drove a 747 into the World Trade Center? Nope, the radical left was referring to a small business that refused to build a wedding cake for sodomites. Go figure.

they are

We are talking liberal Oregon who rules on feelings and not the Constitution...

Portland, Seattle, and most of California are too stoned to differentiate between ones right under the constitution and their feel good progressive agenda.

Oregon Bakers: You get to pay 135,000 for being radical religious morons, Judge so orders!

I assume those are your own words,and not those of the judge. Do you realize that to put it that way is to openly admit that this is a violation of the Klein's religious freedom, as affirmed by the First Amendment?
All men are created equal you dumb fuck.
Created equal, but they sure don't die that way.

not sure why people cheer when the Constitution is ignored.

leftist, hating America since fdr
The constitution wasn’t ignored. Thus the ruling.
the bakery is private property, thus the owners get to pick and choose, not the government.

the Constitution was ignored
That's just not true. If that were true they could decide not to serve Asians or Hispanics or people with red hair and freckles. They can't just pick and choose who to serve.
Exactly why I left the " land of the free" long ago". It's my shop I dont need to explain GTFO. I'm paying taxes and the bills.

'In a pertinent twist one of the owners of Sweet Cakes bakery became very ill and as there was only one doctor within 100 miles they went to him. Unfortunately the doctor refused to help the poor soul because it was against his religion to treat her and his freedom of religion protects his right to discriminate against people in his business as he sees fit. The couple hurriedly got in their car to speed to the next large city where they could find a hospital but having stopped for gasoline found the owner of the gas station refused to sell them gasoline based on his religion. The harried couple then called a cab driver who showed up wearing a turban and the husband could be heard saying to his wife, "oh shit we're screwed. Let us pray". They prayed hard and the wife died at the side of the road.' - This has been theater of the mind. No persons were hurt during it's creation or telling. -

Thankfully the religion of each of these people was not infringed.

I assume those are your own words,and not those of the judge. Do you realize that to put it that way is to openly admit that this is a violation of the Klein's religious freedom, as affirmed by the First Amendment?
Created equal by God.
Created equal does not mean TREATED equally.

'In a pertinent twist one of the owners of Sweet Cakes bakery became very ill and as there was only one doctor within 100 miles they went to him. Unfortunately the doctor refused to help the poor soul because it was against his religion to treat her and his freedom of religion protects his right to discriminate against people in his business as he sees fit. The couple hurriedly got in their car to speed to the next large city where they could find a hospital but having stopped for gasoline found the owner of the gas station refused to sell them gasoline based on his religion. The harried couple then called a cab driver who showed up wearing a turban and the husband could be heard saying to his wife, "oh shit we're screwed. Let us pray". They prayed hard and the wife died at the side of the road.' - This has been theater of the mind. No persons were hurt during it's creation or telling. -

LOL, Almighty godly lords do make living life suck, for their followers. LOL!

Indeed. However their cheerleaders on here would think it a price worth paying.

Created equal by God.
Created equal does not mean TREATED equally.
Nor live equally. I submit Jeffery Dahmer and MLK. Both born equal.

Where in the constitution does it say one has to provide goods and services? There is a supreme court precedent regarding anti-discrimination, based on xyz, yet no direct verbiage in the constitution. So maybe its the courts that need to interpret law not write and create law.
Ore-gone, nothing more needs to be said.

One has to ask themselves why didn't they just find another baker? or is it they wanted to ram their lifestyle down the throats of people they knew in advance help strong religious beliefs?

The couple could have went elsewhere, but they wanted to make a spectacle of the situation, and they wanted to ruin the Kleins.
So much could have been avoided here if the couple would have simply honored the Klein's religious beliefs and gone elsewhere. Instead, taxpayers have been out money with the court cases, a family has been financially ruined, and there's been a lot of hate spewed back and forth.

The bakery could have just baked the cake, but they wanted to make a spectacle of the situation, and they wanted to insult the couple buying the cake. So much could have been avoided here if the bakery would have simply honored the couples wishes and baked the cake. Instead, taxpayers have been out money with the court cases, a family has been financially ruined, and there's been a lot of hate spewed back and forth. Luckily, it was the ones who caused the problem that were ruined, so they kinda deserved it.
Well, the fat lady ain't sung yet.

Perhaps not, but she just got $135,000 for showing up.

Forum List

Back