Ore. Rep. Moves to Make Cigarettes Prescription-Only, Threatens One Year in Jail...

Yes, lets Criminalize & imprison more American Citizens. Because we clearly don't have enough Americans in Prison. Man, i'll never understand Goose Steppers.

Yes, lets Criminalize & imprison more American Citizens. Because we clearly don't have enough Americans in Prison. Man, i'll never understand Goose Steppers.

In all due respect, friend, I don't see them as 'goose steppers'. I see them as perhaps brain washed, maybe a little delusional, most usually tunnel visioned, and most definitely programmed to see the world from a particular peculiar perspective.

To the dedicated political class/liberal/progressive/leftist, a government led by a leftist is a good government that is benevolent, caring, and doing what government is supposed to do which is to protect us from ourselves and provide for certain protected classes. Such people have no real clue about what the Constitution was intended to be all about. They could not provide an accurate definition of unalienable rights if their lives depended on it, and they base their entire philosophy on a belief that the conservative right is basically selfish, greedy, and evil and therefore must never be allowed to be in charge and whatever it does must be discredited.

In their narrow and fogged over world, a concept of people being allowed to choose to use a harmful substance like tobacco is against all their perception of justice and decency. And they can't separate the disconnect between their demands for the government to allow, even secure, what THEY want in their society whether that is abortion or promoting gay marriage in schools or whatever substances they want to smoke and a government that disallows others what THEY want in their society whether that is a limitation on abortions or promoting traditional marriage or having a cigarette on your own porch.

Criminalizing good law abiding Citizens, is Big Brother at his finest. I'm so glad he's here to help. He knows what's best for us. We should all kneel and give praise. Heil Big Brother.

I do hope Wry, or any others who support criminlization of non prescription tobacco use, or government dictating what size soft drink you may buy, etc. or any such 'big brother-ish' kinds of laws, will answer my question:

You seem to be on record that you support the initiative to criminalize non medical tobacco use. What other legal substances would you like to see criminalized? And do you think it is good that government at any level would have authority to criminalize anything that we chose to eat, drink, smoke, or otherwise use?

Do you draw the line anywhere in that concept?

Rep. Mitch Greenlick, from Portland, is sponsoring a bill that makes cigarettes a Schedule III controlled substance, meaning it would be illegal to possess or distribute cigarettes without a doctor’s prescription,” Fox 12 Oregon reports.

FYI: Rep. Mitch Greendick is a Democrat (shocking!).

Should the bill pass, and even Rep. Greenlick doesn’t think it will, offenders would face fines of up to $6,250, one year in jail, or both...

If this retread doesn't think this will pass the political acid test, why is he wasting taxpayer time and dollars bringing it up?

I hate smoking. Just loathe it. I'm glad they banned it from most public places.

But this is stupid. All it will do is drive it into the arms of criminals.

Dumb beyond belief.

Rep. Mitch Greenlick, from Portland, is sponsoring a bill that makes cigarettes a Schedule III controlled substance, meaning it would be illegal to possess or distribute cigarettes without a doctor’s prescription,” Fox 12 Oregon reports.

FYI: Rep. Mitch Greendick is a Democrat (shocking!).

Should the bill pass, and even Rep. Greenlick doesn’t think it will, offenders would face fines of up to $6,250, one year in jail, or both...

If this retread doesn't think this will pass the political acid test, why is he wasting taxpayer time and dollars bringing it up?

But that is irrelevent to the question. Regardless of who is in charge, or what party they are affiliated with, how much power do you want the government to have re what we can eat, drink, smoke, or otherwise use?

The question is what is next? Surely we all know that when that cash cow called Taxes on Cigarettes vanishes... Something of equal value to the revenue of the State must be made to replace it. Soft drinks, alcohol, higher fuel taxes... Hmm... I wonder what it will be?

And the march towards Totalitarianism goes on.

First they impose a heavy “sin tax.” Then they kick you outdoors. Then they ban you from certain public areas. Now this:

Bill Proposed in Oregon to Make Cigarettes Prescription Only Drugs! - 1/24/13 - YouTube

“Other drugs and substances that are considered Schedule III controlled substances are ketamine, lysergic acid and anabolic steroids,” the report adds.

Ore. Rep. Moves to Make Cigarettes Prescription-Only, Threatens One Year in Jail and/or $6K+ Fine | Video | TheBlaze.com

Great idea. Tobacco kills and, the cost to tax payers for medical treatment/care, a direct result of smoking, is enormous. I don't support jail for the end user, possibly a drug diversion program wherein they can learn to quit and of the health consequences if they do not. Growers of tobacco are no different than producers/traffickers of narcotics and crack.

Is the cost really that much more. Sure they have issues with expensive diseases, but once they croak early, their cost goes down to zero. How would you know if the person would have other issues in the 80's that end up costing hundreds of thousands of dollars a year if they keel over due to smoking in thier 60's?

Criminalizing more good & decent American Citizens. Thank you Big Brother. What would we do without you?

I think you ought to do a little research before invoking "totalitarianism" and "Big Brother" in describing our country. No only is it inappropriate hyperbole, it exposes you as an itinerant troll.

Or maybe he's prescient and not myopic like some folks. :eusa_whistle:

I do hope Wry, or any others who support criminlization of non prescription tobacco use, or government dictating what size soft drink you may buy, etc. or any such 'big brother-ish' kinds of laws, will answer my question:

You seem to be on record that you support the initiative to criminalize non medical tobacco use. What other legal substances would you like to see criminalized? And do you think it is good that government at any level would have authority to criminalize anything that we chose to eat, drink, smoke, or otherwise use?

Do you draw the line anywhere in that concept?

You can see the answer to this in my signature. C.S. Lewis hit it right on the head.

In all due respect, friend, I don't see them as 'goose steppers'. I see them as perhaps brain washed, maybe a little delusional, most usually tunnel visioned, and most definitely programmed to see the world from a particular peculiar perspective.

To the dedicated political class/liberal/progressive/leftist, a government led by a leftist is a good government that is benevolent, caring, and doing what government is supposed to do which is to protect us from ourselves and provide for certain protected classes. Such people have no real clue about what the Constitution was intended to be all about. They could not provide an accurate definition of unalienable rights if their lives depended on it, and they base their entire philosophy on a belief that the conservative right is basically selfish, greedy, and evil and therefore must never be allowed to be in charge and whatever it does must be discredited.

In their narrow and fogged over world, a concept of people being allowed to choose to use a harmful substance like tobacco is against all their perception of justice and decency. And they can't separate the disconnect between their demands for the government to allow, even secure, what THEY want in their society whether that is abortion or promoting gay marriage in schools or whatever substances they want to smoke and a government that disallows others what THEY want in their society whether that is a limitation on abortions or promoting traditional marriage or having a cigarette on your own porch.

It never ceases to amaze me, the absolutely blind hypocrisy. Here, we are told that sanctioning tobacco use is necessary because they (libs/progressives) don't want to pay the medical expenses of people who have used it. While out the other side of their mouths, they tell us that we MUST pay the medical expenses of those who seek abortions. When I see drivel of this magnatude, I just can't think of much else than WTF?!

Dumb idea but probably inevitable.

Other addictive substances are controlled and sooner or later tobacco will be treated just like other addictive drugs. In the meantime, just keep the smokers away from those who choose not to smoke.

Doesn't see like too much to expect.

Dumb idea but probably inevitable.

Other addictive substances are controlled and sooner or later tobacco will be treated just like other addictive drugs. In the meantime, just keep the smokers away from those who choose not to smoke.

Doesn't see like too much to expect.

It's not inevitable. It can only happen if the People allow it to happen.

First they impose a heavy “sin tax.” Then they kick you outdoors. Then they ban you from certain public areas. Now this:

Bill Proposed in Oregon to Make Cigarettes Prescription Only Drugs! - 1/24/13 - YouTube

“Other drugs and substances that are considered Schedule III controlled substances are ketamine, lysergic acid and anabolic steroids,” the report adds.

Ore. Rep. Moves to Make Cigarettes Prescription-Only, Threatens One Year in Jail and/or $6K+ Fine | Video | TheBlaze.com

Great idea. Tobacco kills and, the cost to tax payers for medical treatment/care, a direct result of smoking, is enormous. I don't support jail for the end user, possibly a drug diversion program wherein they can learn to quit and of the health consequences if they do not. Growers of tobacco are no different than producers/traffickers of narcotics and crack.

Another good fascist heard from.

Veee pay for your medical care. Vee vill tell you vat to eat, vat to drink, vat to smoke, vat to do.

How about let people smoke as often as they like, but refuse them medical treatment. Or let them pay the whole cost themselves.

Another good fascist heard from.

Veee pay for your medical care. Vee vill tell you vat to eat, vat to drink, vat to smoke, vat to do.

Nice Nazi move; sure sign you have nothing of substance to offer.

The fact is local government (county hospitals) will care for smokers while the tobacco industry - from farmer to maker to merchandizer and the stock holder - profits. As a smoker - you are (are you not?) aware of this provision in the ACA

Penalty could keep smokers out of health overhaul - Yahoo! News

and all of the misery goes to the smoker, his/her family and community.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back