Orders revoked for soldier challenging prez

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
A U.S. Army Reserve major from Florida scheduled to report for deployment to Afghanistan within days has had his military orders revoked after arguing he should not be required to serve under a president who has not proven his eligibility for office.

His attorney, Orly Taitz, confirmed to WND the military has rescinded his impending deployment orders.

"We won! We won before we even arrived," she said with excitement. "It means that the military has nothing to show for Obama. It means that the military has directly responded by saying Obama is illegitimate – and they cannot fight it. Therefore, they are revoking the order!"

She continued, "They just said, 'Order revoked.' No explanation. No reasons – just revoked."

A hearing on the questions raised by Maj. Stefan Frederick Cook, an engineer who told WND he wants to serve his country in Afghanistan, was scheduled for July 16 at 9:30 a.m.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=104009

A U.S. Army Reserve major from Florida scheduled to report for deployment to Afghanistan within days has had his military orders revoked after arguing he should not be required to serve under a president who has not proven his eligibility for office.

His attorney, Orly Taitz, confirmed to WND the military has rescinded his impending deployment orders.

"We won! We won before we even arrived," she said with excitement. "It means that the military has nothing to show for Obama. It means that the military has directly responded by saying Obama is illegitimate – and they cannot fight it. Therefore, they are revoking the order!"

She continued, "They just said, 'Order revoked.' No explanation. No reasons – just revoked."

A hearing on the questions raised by Maj. Stefan Frederick Cook, an engineer who told WND he wants to serve his country in Afghanistan, was scheduled for July 16 at 9:30 a.m.

Bombshell: Orders revoked for soldier challenging prez

Is this serious?

Holy smokes!

Bombshell: Orders revoked for soldier challenging prez

Is this serious?

Holy smokes!

Not really.

First - it's WND as a source

Second - it's Orly Taitz's own interpretation of why the Army is rescinding it's orders for only that one soldier.

A judge is going to hear the case and determine if it has any merit. That alone would be enough to delay deployment.

Look at how many of USMB's "Armchair quarterbacks" called this wrong.. :)

I am not surprized. The major is obviously delusional.

Another Watada.

Fuck this guy.

Either way it's one military career shot to hell.

I wish people would drop this citizen horseshit.

I agree he's tubed his career. He deserves it. He is missusing his rank to try and prompt a constitutional crisis. That's a big no-no. I don't know if he will be sanctioned under the UCMJ, but his evaluation reports will reflect this stupidity.

I predict this will get summarily tossed for jurisdictional reasons and Cook will deploy to Afghanistan.

Backfire.

He'll lose. His belief is irrelevant. A court ruled Obama is a US citizen and he IS the President of the United States.

I think waht is likely to happen is that the Army will encourage the officer to resign his commission and he will do so, quietly.

Me, I would charge him with inciting mutiny and place him in pre-trial confinement pending the resolution of his civil lawsuit, but that's just me.

Kind of insulting that this guy would volunteer for deployment for the purpose of challenging that deployment in court.

For practical reasons the Army cannot let this kind of thing stand. Would it open the military up to soldiers challenging whether their immediate commanders are legitimate? "Well, I am not certain that Captain Smith ever really completed OCS, in fact, I doubt that he did, so I don't think he can give me a lawful order." "I don't believe that the Congress followed their own rules when they approved General Jones' appointment because it was attached to a continuing resolution instead of being passed on its own..."

Chaos. I think guys like this need to be made an example of.

This case is everything that it worst about America.

- An utterly pointless story, debated ad nauseam between people who think they know everything and people who clearly know nothing (and everyone else in between).
- A lawyer advising someone about a case that will not be won in a million years.
- A waste of money and judicial time
- A media circus that is in no way helpful to anyone or anything (except possibly sales / ratings)
- And all the time the economy is in the shit and could do with the 2 sides trying to agree a way forward that will help average Americans, but instead they spend hour after hour discussing shit like this.

What a waste of everything.

Surprised this post isn't getting more play from the left-wine foam-fingers..

Not really.

First - it's WND as a source

Second - it's Orly Taitz's own interpretation of why the Army is rescinding it's orders for only that one soldier.

A judge is going to hear the case and determine if it has any merit. That alone would be enough to delay deployment.

What's the big deal about it being from WND?

Here are other sources that might make you feel better:

Orders revoked on soldier who claims Obama not legally president*| ajc.com

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadlin...reservist-challenging-obamas-citizenship.html

http://www.military.com/news/article/anti-obama-gis-afghan-orders-revoked.html?col=1186032310810

Last edited:

Another Watada.

Fuck this guy.

I think waht is likely to happen is that the Army will encourage the officer to resign his commission and he will do so, quietly.

Me, I would charge him with inciting mutiny and place him in pre-trial confinement pending the resolution of his civil lawsuit, but that's just me.

Kind of insulting that this guy would volunteer for deployment for the purpose of challenging that deployment in court.

For practical reasons the Army cannot let this kind of thing stand. Would it open the military up to soldiers challenging whether their immediate commanders are legitimate? "Well, I am not certain that Captain Smith ever really completed OCS, in fact, I doubt that he did, so I don't think he can give me a lawful order." "I don't believe that the Congress followed their own rules when they approved General Jones' appointment because it was attached to a continuing resolution instead of being passed on its own..."

- An utterly pointless story, debated ad nauseam between people who think they know everything and people who clearly know nothing (and everyone else in between).
- A lawyer advising someone about a case that will not be won in a million years.
- A media circus that is in no way helpful to anyone or anything (except possibly sales / ratings)
- And all the time the economy is in the shit and could do with the 2 sides trying to agree a way forward that will help average Americans, but instead they spend hour after hour discussing shit like this.

Really? You know better than that. He's pending legal action; therefore, ineligible to deploy.

He hasn't won anything, and if you think the government is going to let him, you're delusional.

Read my lips again: A court ruled Obama's birth certificate is legitimate. That sets legal precedent. Without evidence to prove otherwise, a superior court will NOT overrule the original court's ruling.

None of which has a damned thing to do with The USAR canceling his orders pending a military hearing.

He's STILL going to lose.

Really? You know better than that. He's pending legal action; therefore, ineligible to deploy.
None of which has a damned thing to do with The USAR canceling his orders pending a military hearing. He's STILL going to lose.
Correct. They just canceled his deployment order so they can Court Martial him here. Me thinks he's in deep doo-doo!

He hasn't won anything, and if you think the government is going to let him, you're delusional.

Read my lips again: A court ruled Obama's birth certificate is legitimate. That sets legal precedent. Without evidence to prove otherwise, a superior court will NOT overrule the original court's ruling.

None of which has a damned thing to do with The USAR canceling his orders pending a military hearing.

???

None of which has a damned thing to do with The USAR canceling his orders pending a military hearing. He's STILL going to lose.
Correct. They just canceled his deployment order so they can Court Martial him here. Me thinks he's in deep doo-doo!

I'm not so sure about that. If they wanted to court martial him, they'd have let the orders stand and nailed his hide to the wall when he refused to deploy. He has not violated a military order yet that I am aware of.

There's more to this than we know, but it would have nothing to do with Obama being eligible or ineligible to be President. IMO it's just an administrative procedure since the Major has a pending court case. Those orders can be reissued as fast as they were withdrawn.

I'm not so sure about that. If they wanted to court martial him, they'd have let the orders stand and nailed his hide to the wall when he refused to deploy. He has not violated a military order yet that I am aware of.

There's more to this than we know, but it would have nothing to do with Obama being eligible or ineligible to be President. IMO it's just an administrative procedure since the Major has a pending court case. Those orders can be reissued as fast as they were withdrawn.

Is a soldier allowed to publicly defy the President? How is that not considered insubordination?

Is a soldier allowed to publicly defy the President? How is that not considered insubordination?

Seriously. Defying an Airman-in-charge would have gotten us in some real trouble back in my day. Attempting to defy the C in C was unheard of. I remember people talking much shit about Clinton at work until he was sworn in...after that, not a peep.

Having been involved in many a Navy legal case, one of the first things they do before any legal proceedings is revoke original orders if that takes the accused out of the area of the investigation/court martial.

You know, seems to me this Major's lawyer is either stupid or knows nothing of military legal proceedings...in more ways than one, this Major is toast.

hmmm
Judge to Hear Obama Birth Certificate Case
Eligibility arguments to get court hearing

Actually I know of NO court that ruled AT ALL on Obama's Birth Certificate, they all rejected it on procedural grounds, claiming the people that brought the complaint had no standing. Perhaps, since you are asserting a court so ruled, you can provide for us that Court case and its ruling?

Nothing to see here, I have also volunteered for back to back deployments in Kuwait. I can have my orders revoked if I happen to change my mind. The fact that the soldier was fighting the deployment which he had volunteered for is hilarious.

The paper said Cook, as an Individual Mobilization Augmentee, had volunteered for a year's deployment to Afghanistan on May 8 and his orders were issued June 9. Quon told the paper that IMAs who volunteer may ask for a revocation up until their reporting date

Anti-Obama GI's Afghan Orders Revoked

Another Watada.

Fuck this guy.

You seem to be the only one who called it wrong, nice try though. Next!

Forum List

Back