Ordering Americans To Buy $50 Lightbulbs

if memory serves....this ain't just an obama thing....the law might have passed under Bush, but they gave 5-10 years to implement it....

it really made me think of "One world government" when i i had read that the rest of the westernized world had already banned the incandescent bulbs...or were near complete in doing such....

if any of you want to search this, i believe it was under a google search for a "world Calendar" and it listed the cutoffs for each country on the ban....this was about a year ago, but i believe it should still be out there to retrieve....

I don't care how anyone feels about either Bulb. That's a Citizen/Consumer decision. It's not the Government's place to ban a product and then force Citizens to purchase their product. It's just wrong. This is a terrible Government over-reach in my opinion. I just hope cooler heads prevail and someone steps in to end this madness. And i also think GE should be investigated.

And those CFLs were $10 only a few years ago. LED prices are coming down quickly. The DoE expects, the most common size light bulb used, a 60-watt equivalent LED bulb to cost $10 by 2015. There are 425 million incandescent light bulbs in the 60-watt range in use in the U.S. today.

Amazon.com: Dimmable E26 A60 Standard Household Base 50 Watt Incandescent Light Bulb Replacement with a 6 Watt Led, Warm White By Ledwholesalers, 1012ww: Home Improvement
Dimmable E26 A60 Standard Household Base 50 Watt Incandescent Light Bulb Replacement with a 6 Watt Led, Warm White By Ledwholesalers, 1012ww

by LEDWholesalers
4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (25 customer reviews)
25 Reviews
5 star: (13) 4 star: (5) 3 star: (2) 2 star: (3) 1 star: (2)
› See all 25 customer reviews...

| Like 1305652943 false -1 8 8 7 (8)
Price: $17.80
o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o
In Stock.
41cUVN%2BjFwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Amazon.com: Pharox III DIMMABLE LED 6 Watt LED Light Bulb - 60 Watt Incandescent Replacement Bulb: Home Improvement
Pharox III DIMMABLE LED 6 Watt LED Light Bulb - 60 Watt Incandescent Replacement Bulb

by LEDinsider
3.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (28 customer reviews)
28 Reviews
5 star: (7) 4 star: (7) 3 star: (7) 2 star: (0) 1 star: (7)
› See all 28 customer reviews...

| Like 1305653410 false -1 2 2 1 (2)
List Price: $65.00 Price: $29.49 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details You Save: $35.51 (55%)
o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o
In Stock.
Sold by EagleLight LEDs and Fulfilled by Amazon. Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's own warehouses, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these items. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Super Saver Shipping and
amz-prime._V192217000_.gif

If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfillment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon.
Gift-wrap available.

Only 16 left in stock--order soon.
Want it delivered Wednesday, May 18? Order it in the next 3 hours and 26 minutes, and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout. Details

6 new from $24.50
21pwz7l1tsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCkJ16gbrgg&feature=related"]YouTube - The Pretenders- My City Was Gone (45)[/ame]

I didn't want to buy any bulbs, I just like your music.
Well, either you didn't like my music or you missed the post, you didn't comment on my musical answer to your tie comment. :lol:

You know, you are far better at picking out ties than articulating posts...
Track 12 - Take Off The Yellow Tie by The Flying Monkey Orchestra
:lol:

Flying Monkey Orchestra on Napster

If you like that track, try track 8 also, it's even better.

#8!

Yes!

Sounds like stuff I used to hear at the Limelight.

I don't care how anyone feels about either Bulb. That's a Citizen/Consumer decision. It's not the Government's place to ban a product and then force Citizens to purchase their product. It's just wrong. This is a terrible Government over-reach in my opinion. I just hope cooler heads prevail and someone steps in to end this madness. And i also think GE should be investigated.

I agree, that sounds like some Soviet Russia type shit right there.

Citizens/Consumers should always decide this stuff. Choosing which kind of Bulb you want to use should not involve the Government in any way. Its just not a Government issue. The more i read about this,the more i'm shocked so few are outraged over this. This is terrible Government abuse of power in my opinion. Why are so many so willing to just give all their Freedom & Liberty away? I just don't get it.

Its only an issue if the sycophants can figure out a way to blame Bush for it or use as an excuse to spew hatred at one of the left' other target's

So if President Bush sign the legislation that requires this implementation and someone posts that fact, in your mind is that "Blaming Bush"?

But then again it might just stop some dumbshit from blaming it on the current POTUS.

Congress bans incandescent bulbs

it's kinda like unleaded gasoline verses regular....this kinda stuff happens all the time....Libo

Careful now Libocalypesnow I'm pretty sure at this point the libs are heating up the OMG YOUR A RACIST PUPPY STOMPING BIGOT HOMOPHOBIC WALMART SHOPPING REDNECK yes that happens when you question the ONE the MESSIAH of all. Just wait until they implement the 1000 dollar shoe laces.

Citizens/Consumers should always decide this stuff. Choosing which kind of Bulb you want to use should not involve the Government in any way. Its just not a Government issue. The more i read about this,the more i'm shocked so few are outraged over this. This is terrible Government abuse of power in my opinion. Why are so many so willing to just give all their Freedom & Liberty away? I just don't get it.

Its only an issue if the sycophants can figure out a way to blame Bush for it or use as an excuse to spew hatred at one of the left' other target's

So if President Bush sign the legislation that requires this implementation and someone posts that fact, in your mind is that "Blaming Bush"?

But then again it might just stop some dumbshit from blaming it on the current POTUS.

Keep trying dipshit I'm sure you'll figure out someway to blame someone else

SAY WHAAA??...

The new $50 Bulb will replace incandescent Bulbs that have now been Banned by our Government. The Ban takes effect starting in January 2012.

Wow. Should our Government really be banning products and forcing Citizens to purchase particular products? This seems very disturbing to me. How can this be allowed to go forward? I've actually read where these new Bulbs are actually pretty hazardous. You don't want one of these Bulbs breaking in your Home. But these will be the only Bulbs you'll be allowed to purchase starting next year. Banning the old Bulbs just looks like an awful abuse of Power to me. I'm just so baffled as to how our Government can be allowed such unchecked power. Many are suspecting GE is behind this whole thing. They do have a very close relationship with this President. GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt is now his "Jobs Czar." I'm very disappointed this is being allowed to move forward. But what say you all?

what is this $50.00 bulb?

Oh and if anyone wants incandecents, i have cases ready to sell at overinflated prices when they are no longer made, and all my bulbs were made in the USA!

A side note: I actually use the obamabulbs (CFL bulbs) in my house and have been using them for over 10 years. I dont do it to save the planet, I did it because they dont burn out and make my electric bill cheaper.

The ones I bought burn out the same and now we're told not to get too close to them because they put off a harmful gas.

Good idea.

so let's recount what has happened here:

Libo does try to blame obama in this thread that he started in his last line or 2, without any proof what so ever that obama is the president that signed this legislation, and you try to blame liberals for bringing up that Bush actually WAS the one who signed it in to law....?

OKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEDDDDOOOOOKKKKKI I I I:lol:

SAY WHAAA??...

The new $50 Bulb will replace incandescent Bulbs that have now been Banned by our Government. The Ban takes effect starting in January 2012.

Wow. Should our Government really be banning products and forcing Citizens to purchase particular products? This seems very disturbing to me. How can this be allowed to go forward? I've actually read where these new Bulbs are actually pretty hazardous. You don't want one of these Bulbs breaking in your Home. But these will be the only Bulbs you'll be allowed to purchase starting next year. Banning the old Bulbs just looks like an awful abuse of Power to me. I'm just so baffled as to how our Government can be allowed such unchecked power. Many are suspecting GE is behind this whole thing. They do have a very close relationship with this President. GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt is now his "Jobs Czar." I'm very disappointed this is being allowed to move forward. But what say you all?

what is this $50.00 bulb?

Oh and if anyone wants incandecents, i have cases ready to sell at overinflated prices when they are no longer made, and all my bulbs were made in the USA!

A side note: I actually use the obamabulbs (CFL bulbs) in my house and have been using them for over 10 years. I dont do it to save the planet, I did it because they dont burn out and make my electric bill cheaper.
Why do you call them Obamabulbs? Bushbulbs would be more accurate.

it's not just the USA, it's on the agenda for the whole world.....!!

we are one of the last countries to implement it from what i have read....

I had the hubby go out and buy a ton of incandescent bulbs inevery watage that exist, 25,40, 60,75,100 and some 3 ways....hahahahahahahaha! I hate the fluorescent lights...we boaght a bunch of them, and paid a fortune, and tried to truly do the right thing and cut our light wattage down...BUT they are just horrible, i hate the light they give off and we broke one the first day over the stove area and mercury got everywhere....around my cooking area, along with the fine glass....freaked me out, especially the warning on the mercury....

anyway, I sent Matt out to pick up all the incandescent lights he could find! :lol:

they say they put out more heat than light and they are a waste, but THIS IS WHY I LIKE THEM, living in Maine, it's near always cold in the house a good portion of the year...the heat that the incandescent lights put out is like a 2 for 1, for me!
Not all incandescents are being banned, just the ones that are energy inefficient.

Keep trying dipshit I'm sure you'll figure out someway to blame someone else

Ah, did you go and blame your favorite whipping boy?

Blow it out you ass, motorcycle man.......:eek:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=441-Vnv7cRY]YouTube - Frank Zappa - Titties and Beer[/ame]

so let's recount what has happened here:

Libo does try to blame obama in this thread that he started in his last line or 2, without any proof what so ever that obama is the president that signed this legislation, and you try to blame liberals for bringing up that Bush actually WAS the one who signed it in to law....?

OKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEDDDDOOOOOKKKKKI I I I:lol:

Actually I was pointing out the typical Behavior of the Left while at the same time laughing at their ability to speak out of both sides of their ass. I do have to chuckle at this point for the sudden response at pointing our a simple truth.

Last edited:
I don't care who you want to blame. It's still wrong. Someone should step in and stop this from happening. I don't care whether it's a Republican or a Democrat who does it. Just stop it from being implemented and i'll be satisfied. If you just watch it happen without doing anything then you are at fault and are complicit.

How the government improves our lives:

Cleaning Up a Broken CFL

What to Do if a Compact Fluorescent Light (CFL) Bulb or Fluorescent Tube Light Bulb Breaks in Your Home: Overview

Fluorescent light bulbs contain a small amount of mercury sealed within the glass tubing. When a fluorescent bulb breaks in your home, some of this mercury is released as mercury vapor. The broken bulb can continue to release mercury vapor until it is cleaned up and removed from the residence. To minimize exposure to mercury vapor, EPA recommends that residents follow the cleanup and disposal steps described below.

This page presents only the most important steps to reduce exposure to mercury vapor from a broken bulb.

► View the detailed recommendations.

► Download and print a three-page PDF version of this overview and the detailed recommendations (91K, about PDF) | en español (30K, about PDF)

Before cleanup
Have people and pets leave the room.
Air out the room for 5-10 minutes by opening a window or door to the outdoor environment.
Shut off the central forced air heating/air-conditioning system, if you have one.
Collect materials needed to clean up broken bulb.

During cleanup
Be thorough in collecting broken glass and visible powder.
Place cleanup materials in a sealable container.

After cleanup
Promptly place all bulb debris and cleanup materials outdoors in a trash container or protected area until materials can be disposed of properly. Avoid leaving any bulb fragments or cleanup materials indoors.
If practical, continue to air out the room where the bulb was broken and leave the heating/air conditioning system shut off for several hours.

Cleaning Up a Broken Compact Fluorescent Light Bulb (CFL) | Cleanup and Safe Disposal of Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs | US EPA

Forum List

Back