Order of Australia for Gen Petraeus

Diuretic

Permanently confused
Apr 26, 2006
South Australia est 1836
It probably won't make your news so here's a heads up:

David Petraeus is a celebrated four-star general in the United States. Now Australia has honoured him for his leadership of coalition forces while he was commander in Iraq.

General Petraeus received the Order of Australia at a ceremony in Washington just hours ago. While he won praise for his work in Iraq, he's been frank about the prospects for success in Afghanistan.

PM - General Patraeus awarded by Australia 04/11/2009

Re the date, we put the day then the month then the year, hope this avoids confusion.

Thanks Oz! Very classy to recognize Gen. Petraeus.

Of course, you're right Diuretic! I haven't seen it in our news. Thanks for sharing. :D

David Petraeus is a celebrated four-star general in the United States. Now Australia has honoured him for his leadership of coalition forces while he was commander in Iraq.

General Petraeus received the Order of Australia at a ceremony in Washington just hours ago. While he won praise for his work in Iraq, he's been frank about the prospects for success in Afghanistan.

Re the date, we put the day then the month then the year, hope this avoids confusion.

Yeah, the way ya'll do the date it looks like this was done April 11, 2009! :D

The good General deserves it. He and his troops, did a great job in Iraq.

:clap2: Our appreciation to Australia for all their support.:clap2:

The good General deserves it. He and his troops, did a great job in Iraq.

:clap2: Our appreciation to Australia for all their support.:clap2:

:clap2:
My appreciation to all our military....active, retired.....and especially those who gave all so that me and my twinlets can sleep safely in our beds at night (no matter where those beds are/were---the house we just lost or this little roach motel apt).
:clap2:

I'm particularly partial to Navy, my daughter is in NJROTC.

Her Master Sergeant is awesome--he motivates that kid like nobody else has ever been able to. Once she hit the teen years she became a mouthy little thing and since she's been in ROTC, she's become quite the respectful (mostly) little Cadet~! She even salutes me in the mornings when she gets up (ok, so the smartass in her is still there....apple doesn't fall far from the tree). ;)

Anyway....thanks US Military! Ya'll rock. :clap2:

(insert waving flag emoticon here too)

Last edited:

As my wife would say - Cooel!

Forum List

Back