Oral Sex activity from 1994 to 2004 more than doubled...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
Hmmm i wonder why that could be? :rolleyes:

Oral and anal sex increasing among teens By Megan Rauscher
Tue May 9, 3:33 PM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - During the past decade, there has been a significant increase in the proportion of teenagers and young adults engaging in oral sex and, less commonly, having anal intercourse, according to data from STD clinics in Baltimore, Maryland.

ADVERTISEMENT

The finding is not all that surprising, Dr. Emily Erbelding from Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center in Baltimore told Reuters Health.

She explained that "a few national surveys conducted recently have suggested that oral sex may be a behavior that teenagers are increasingly participating in. For example, in the 2002 National Survey of Family Growth, most teenagers reported having oral sex and many had not had intercourse."

She presented the current study findings Tuesday in Jacksonville, Florida at the 2006 National STD Prevention Conference sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

In examining the 1994 medical records of 2,598 12- to 25-year olds, and the 2004 medical records of 6,438 subjects of the same age, attending STD clinics in Baltimore, Erbelding and colleagues found that over the 10-year period the prevalence of self-reported oral sex in the previous 90 days doubled among males (from 16 percent to 32 percent) and more than doubled among females (from 14 percent to 38 percent).

There was also an increase in rectal sex among young women, "but it was a lot less common than oral sex," Erbelding said. Among young women, the prevalence of self-reported anal sex over the period rose from 3 percent to 5.5 percent.

There may be a general feeling out there that oral sex is safer than intercourse, Erbelding said, and it probably is for some diseases.

However, Erbelding emphasized that oral and anal sex may result in the transmission of STDs that will not be detected in urine tests. "A urine test is not going to pick up gonorrhea or Chlamydia that might have been acquired through rectal or oral sex, with gonorrhea being the more significant infection for oral sex."

Therefore, "clinicians need to routinely ask their adolescent and young adult patients about the full range of sexual behaviors and educate young people in general about what the relative risks are for different types of STDs for various sexual behaviors," Erbelding said.

insein said:
Hmmm i wonder why that could be? :rolleyes:

I guess that depends on your definition of that........

I noticed many changes happening across society during the Clit-on...er,I mean Clinton years. Driving changed drastically. I was driving for work during those years and noticed the flagrant disregard for the rules of the road escalate.....of course I don't have a link, just my own eyes but the running of stop signs and lights became a trend rather than a rarety.

The words "Liberal" and "Progressive" have become euphemisms for "Anarchist". Rebellion against any standard or norm is worshipped. Clinton having oral sex in the White House was the ultimate "in your face" (sorry) act. Being an anarchist is all about "sticking it to the man". I have really come to believe that when Clinton was in office that the anarchists did not even equate him to being part of our goverment. They saw a rebel in the Oval office who was helping them tear down norms, standards and any rule of law.
Ironic as the first ones to fall in an anarchy would be the liberals. It's the big lie. They depend on the government that they so despise to protect them from the bullies who might offend them. If Clinton plays "bad boy" in the White House, they can feel safe playing "bad boy" wherever they please.

Liberals "stand " for doing whatever you feel like doing and screw anyone who tries to stop you.

You can try blaming this one on Clinton, but it doesn't wash. Now why don't y'all try placing the "blame" where it belongs. I'm surprised you haven't blamed tsunamis on the guy and "libs". And the concept that any celeb's indiscretions is going to "influence" kids in that manner is just silly.

Many Teens Who Take 'Virginity Pledges' Substitute Other High-Risk Behavior for Intercourse, Study Says
Main Category: Sexual Health / STDs News
Article Date: 21 Mar 2005 - 21:00pm (PDT)

Although teenagers who take "virginity pledges" begin engaging in vaginal intercourse later than teens who have not committed to remain abstinent until marriage, they also are more likely to engage in oral or anal sex than nonpledging virgin teens and less likely to use condoms once they become sexually active, according to a study published in the April issue of the... Journal of Adolescent Health, the Washington Post reports. The findings could explain why pledgers have similar rates of sexually transmitted diseases as nonpledging teens (Connolly, Washington Post, 3/19). Study co-authors Peter Bearman, sociology department chair at Columbia University, and Hannah Bruckner of Yale University used data from the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health, which is funded by the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development and CDC, the AP/Long Island Newsday reports. The national study surveyed students nationwide in grades seven through 12 and followed up with interviews one, two and six years later. The Yale and Columbia report looked at data from 12,000 teenagers (Apuzzo, AP/Long Island Newsday, 3/18).

[MORE]

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=21606

And more...

Teen Pledges Barely Cut STD Rates, Study Says

By Ceci Connolly
Washington Post Staff Writer
Saturday, March 19, 2005; Page A03

Teenagers who take virginity pledges -- public declarations to abstain from sex -- are almost as likely to be infected with a sexually transmitted disease as those who never made the pledge, an eight-year study released yesterday found.

Although young people who sign a virginity pledge delay the initiation of sexual activity, marry at younger ages and have fewer sexual partners, they are also less likely to use condoms and more likely to experiment with oral and anal sex, said the researchers from Yale and Columbia universities.

"The sad story is that kids who are trying to preserve their technical virginity are, in some cases, engaging in much riskier behavior," said lead author Peter S. Bearman, a professor at Columbia's Institute for Social and Economic Research and Policy. "From a public health point of view, an abstinence movement that encourages no vaginal sex may inadvertently encourage other forms of alternative sex that are at higher risk of STDs."

[MORE]

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A48509-2005Mar18.html

Now why would a conservative use a lib tactic? Bush has already been blamed for hurricanes anyway.

Bad Boy Bill gave everyone a pass on sexual activity no matter what form it takes.

jillian said:
You can try blaming this one on Clinton, but it doesn't wash. Now why don't y'all try placing the "blame" where it belongs. I'm surprised you haven't blamed tsunamis on the guy and "libs". And the concept that any celeb's indiscretions is going to "influence" kids in that manner is just silly.

[MORE]

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=21606

And more...

[MORE]

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A48509-2005Mar18.html

The STD rate among virgin and non-virgin teens has WHAT to do with the overall percentage of teens engaging in oral sex?

Little to nothing.

Face it, your boy was and is white trash. Giving him a law degree and the titles of holding public offices is just putting lipstick on a pig.

GunnyL said:
The STD rate among virgin and non-virgin teens has WHAT to do with the overall percentage of teens engaging in oral sex?

Little to nothing.

Face it, your boy was and is white trash. Giving him a law degree and the titles of holding public offices is just putting lipstick on a pig.

And your boy is the ignorant, alcoholic, formerly drug abusing, less accomplished son of a powerful man and 10th generation legacy of a powerful family.

Neither of which has anything to do with the issue at hand...

jillian said:
And your boy is the ignorant, alcoholic, formerly drug abusing, less accomplished son of a powerful man and 10th generation legacy of a powerful family.

Sure it does, and this deflection isn't going to go any further than your first.

The issue is that your morally repugnant. lying piece of trash gave the green light to a Nation to do whatever they wanted and use a dishonest, literal argument to spit in the face of the morals we as a society embrace.

I assume you are speaking of Bush. Please get your accusations correct. He is a recovering alcoholic. The drug story got debunked a LONG time ago. That's just a liberal myth and lie y'all keep perpetuating.

However, you are 50% correct .... nothing about Bush's personal behavior as President of the US is relevant to this thread.

jillian said:

I always find it amazing that the tolerant left, the self proclaimed progressives, are so quick to blame President Bush for his admitted alcoholism rather than hold him up as a role model to all who are suffering from this awful life and saying ...yes, you too can beat it and maybe even become the President of the United States. He has accomplished quite a bit more in his life than you could possibly dream of Jill, all the while fighting alcoholism that has defeated so many. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Oh by the way, the teenagers today were kids that were lucky enough to be told at a very young age, by the President, that oral sex wasn't sex. I guess like the many accusations of rape and sexual abuse by this scoundrel, you must have forgotten that too. Again, as a woman, you should be ashamed for defending Bill Clinton. I know as a man, I am ashamed of him and the way he has continually embarrassed and hurt his wife and child.

sitarro said:
I always find it amazing that the tolerant left, the self proclaimed progressives, are so quick to blame President Bush for his admitted alcoholism rather than hold him up as a role model to all who are suffering from this awful life and saying ...yes, you too can beat it and maybe even become the President of the United States. He has accomplished quite a bit more in his life than you could possibly dream of Jill, all the while fighting alcoholism that has defeated so many. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Oh by the way, the teenagers today were kids that were lucky enough to be told at a very young age, by the President, that oral sex wasn't sex. I guess like the many accusations of rape and sexual abuse by this scoundrel, you must have forgotten that too. Again, as a woman, you should be ashamed for defending Bill Clinton. I know as a man, I am ashamed of him and the way he has continually embarrassed and hurt his wife and child.

The president doesn't "tell" children about sex. Their parents do. And if parents choose not to educate their kids or to limit the education to "abstinence", you get disease. Has nothing to do with the president.

And, personally, I could care less about Bush being an alcholic, although he'd have done much better to seek treatment than the alleged manner in which he stays dry.

But if you want to talk about the personal foibles of a president, then his count, too. And it's hypocritical to focus on Bill's while ignoring Bush's.

And if you had a problem with knowing about his sex life, maybe no one should have publicized it in the first place -- you know, like they did for Roosevelt, Eisenhower, Kennedy and Daddy Bush. :)

Females practicing oral sex over intercourse is old news. Not just in the U.S. but around the world. I was told by several people when I lived in Italy that females would keep their virginity but practice oral sex all the time; they wanted to be virgins when they marry.

The same applies to many females in the United States. That is an "unwritten" rule in the south; many times I have heard that here. As long as you are a virgin, you can do anything else.

Do I think Clinton had something to do with the increase? I doubt it. Do I think he had something to do with the casualness and "less serious" outlook of sexual activity? Absolutely.

Clinton supporters will go on and on about how harmless his activity in the White House was; they are simply insane. He brought shame to the position of the Presidency and made the United States the butt of many jokes around the world. If you honestly think that the President of the United States staring into a T.V. camera saying that he didn't have "sexual relations" with someone when admitting to having her give him oral sex...in the oval office...is acceptable behavior...well, that is just insane.

GotZoom said:
Females practicing oral sex over intercourse is old news. Not just in the U.S. but around the world. I was told by several people when I lived in Italy that females would keep their virginity but practice oral sex all the time; they wanted to be virgins when they marry.

The same applies to many females in the United States. That is an "unwritten" rule in the south; many times I have heard that here. As long as you are a virgin, you can do anything else.

Do I think Clinton had something to do with the increase? I doubt it. Do I think he had something to do with the casualness and "less serious" outlook of sexual activity? Absolutely.

Clinton supporters will go on and on about how harmless his activity in the White House was; they are simply insane. He brought shame to the position of the Presidency and made the United States the butt of many jokes around the world. If you honestly think that the President of the United States staring into a T.V. camera saying that he didn't have "sexual relations" with someone when admitting to having her give him oral sex...in the oval office...is acceptable behavior...well, that is just insane.

I'm with you through your first paragraph and half of the second. Clinton didn't have anything to do with any "less serious" attitude toward sexual activity. That's been happening since the 60's and things were far "less serious" in the 60's and 70's and '80's than they are now.

As for anyone thinking him wagging his finger at the camera was ok, no I don't think anyone does. What I think is that the questions weren't fair game in the first place since they hadn't been asked of the presidents I named, all of whom had their own indiscretions while in office. But since they were asked, what I've always said I thought Clinton SHOULD have done is look straight into the camera and say "ask me about the economy, ask me about my goals. the other stuff is an inappropriate question and I'm not going to dignify it with an answer".

Cheers.

jillian said:
The president doesn't "tell" children about sex. Their parents do. And if parents choose not to educate their kids or to limit the education to "abstinence", you get disease. Has nothing to do with the president.

Now that's a total crock. Clinton's oral sex/not sex, cigar-shoving, lying, adulterous lifestyle was all over the place. Daily on TV, in newspaper headlines, on magazine covers. Everywhere. Parents didn't have to tell their children any of it, but they sure must have had some explaining to do.

Or is this yet another example of a lib saying that you should put your children in a cave if you don't like what is on the airwaves?

No...I think Clinton should have been a MAN. Not insult the American people by splitting hairs with words: "What is, is?" The defintion of "sexual relations."

You know..if he had just said, "I made a mistake. I fell victim to a weak moment. I was wrong. I am ashamed. I stand here before you and ask forgiveness of the American people. Hillary has forgiven me; Chelsea has forgivin me. Now I ask you. I want to get past this and work on making our country the best it can be. Once again, I apologize."

If he did that, no one would care.

And people wouldn't be talking about his escapades to this day.

jillian said:

And, personally, I could care less about Bush being an alcholic, although he'd have done much better to seek treatment than the alleged manner in which he stays dry.

But if you want to talk about the personal foibles of a president, then his count, too. And it's hypocritical to focus on Bill's while ignoring Bush's.

And if you had a problem with knowing about his sex life, maybe no one should have publicized it in the first place -- you know, like they did for Roosevelt, Eisenhower, Kennedy and Daddy Bush. :)

Denying that the President is a role model for most kids is dishonest.

Bush's foible's as you call them, are irrelevant to this topic.

GunnyL said:
Denying that the President is a role model for most kids is dishonest.

Bush's foible's as you call them, are irrelevant to this topic.

I wonder what the conversation would be in her house if she catches her child in the act one afternoon.

"I am extremely disappointed in you."

"But mom, what happens between me and my friend is our business, no one elses. I do things around the house, I do good in school."

"This isn't something you should be doing."

"If the President can do it, and you are ok with it, why aren't you ok with me doing it? It's not like we're having sexual relations."

GotZoom said:
No...I think Clinton should have been a MAN. Not insult the American people by splitting hairs with words: "What is, is?" The defintion of "sexual relations."

You know..if he had just said, "I made a mistake. I fell victim to a weak moment. I was wrong. I am ashamed. I stand here before you and ask forgiveness of the American people. Hillary has forgiven me; Chelsea has forgivin me. Now I ask you. I want to get past this and work on making our country the best it can be. Once again, I apologize."

If he did that, no one would care.

And people wouldn't be talking about his escapades to this day.

It would have also helped if SHrillary didn't lie to America with her "vast right wing conspiracy" bs, all the while knowing Billy was a hound.

Kid's think that oral sex is not sex. And I have to say, Clinton reinforced that opinion when he stated, under oath, that he didn't "have sex". And really, he didn't. When you tell a person 'you had sex', you automatically think of intercourse. How many times do you say, "I was involved in a sexual act last night"?

Many a college girl thinks that as long as they do not have intercourse, they can still walk down the aisle a virgin. And physically that is true.
But there are some that could revel a sailor. :wtf:

Abbey Normal said:
It would have also helped if SHrillary didn't lie to America with her "vast right wing conspiracy" bs, all the while knowing Billy was a hound.

She knew Bill was a hound long before Monica. This was old news. Only difference was he got caught by more than a couple of people.

If she had come out and said something about him and his acitivity, she knew she would have been eaten alive about waiting so long to face the truth.

jillian said:

Bill was on television everynight telling the world how oral sex wasn't sex you hard headed dumbass! Kids heard what the President was saying on the news, in all of the monologues of every comedian and in discussions at school.

jillian said:

And what treatment works for Queen Jillian? What alleged manner are youi talking about? You're as crusty as the most obnoxious bull dikes I have known.

jillian said:

President Bush hasn't been dealing with alcoholism in the Oval office you twit! Bill Clinton was fooling around with and being serviced by a kid his daughters age while in the people's Whitehouse during working hours. If he would have been Ken Lay you asslicks would have had him burned at the stake. How hard is it to act so clueless? Is being this stupid like being on valium? You are the ass for defending the indefensible!

jillian said:

Another incredibly assinine statement. Please tell me you aren't practicing law, there are too many idiots doing that already. You throw out bullshit like a defense attorney(no lower form of life other than the criminals they are in bed with).

Forum List

Back