Opting in/out of @Mentions

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just dont look at it....never knew how to do it till rat showed me.....and now i just think its rather silly and do not check it...i read what i want to read....i dont give a flying fuck is i am mentioned in a thread by someone or not.,...

I like the @ Mention function because it brings about a sense of togetherness. Community. It is extremely useful when you share an OP you spent a lot of time and effort on, when you don't want it to just get a smidgen of feedback and then fade away. There's nothing wrong with it imho, and it promotes forum activity, too. If someone doesn't like being mentioned, they can always ask to not be mentioned, and I'll honor that so long as I don't forget.

Many people like this function, and appreciate being invited to share in the conversation.

It's a social function for a social forum, and it's one of the best ways to come together and talk.
BS!

Mass mentions are nothing more than narcissism coming from the poster...a way of saying "Hey! Read my post!

Just post your thread. Opening and reading it is always our choice!:D

Thank you to everyone who has contributed. Having read through all the posts I am going to make a suggestion that I think might work.

I have started a USMB @Mention EXCLUDE/INCLUDE Preferences in the Lounge area.

The purpose is to give all of us a place to add our names to whichever @Mention list we prefer to be on. The lists will be as follows;

• Please EXCLUDE me from all MASS @Mentions!

• Please EXCLUDE me from all INDIVIDUAL @Mentions!

• Please INCLUDE me in all MASS @Mentions!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/9002202-post1.html

So this way we end up with a single combined list that everyone can refer to and update their own preferences as needed. I have entered names based upon what I gathered from the posts in this thread. If I have it wrong, my apologies.

Thank you all for your input. Have a nice Sunday.
DT

^Liberace gay

^:lol:

To misquote the bard...

"Out damned mention list, yet there 'tis."

I believe this thread has served it's intended purpose. Requesting the mods to close it now.

Thank you all again for your input and support.

[MENTION=9429]AVG-JOE[/MENTION]
[MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back