Optimum temperature.

Muhammed

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 20, 2010
North Coast, USA
What, in your opinion, is the optimum average temperature on Earth? And how did you come to your conclusion?

Is it just right today?

Is it too cold?

Is it too warm?

Maybe we should ask what part of the cyclical cycle we are in.

CO2-Temp Corr.JPG

At daylight +20 C and +18 C during the night, in other words the same as the settings on my thermostat. That way the snow is where it should be, on the mountain tops instead of in my driveway where I have to shovel it. No more need for sub-zero wardrobe like bulky parkas and winter boots. Just a set of "average temperature" clothes. The same would apply for the tires, motor oil and rad coolant I need for my car.
F--k I should have moved to Luxembourg instead of Canada !
Luxembourg
stock-photo-jardin-du-luxembourg-with-the-palace-and-statue-few-flowers-are-in-front-and-blue-sky-behind-34608166.jpg

- Climate. Luxembourg's climate is temperate and mild. Summers are generally cool, with a mean temperature of about 17° C (63° F ); winters are seldom severe, average temperature
being about 0° C (32° F ).
They used to have table place mats in the Canadian Husky truck stops joking about that:
"Canada, 6 months of winter followed by 6 months of poor sledding"
maritimessnow2.jpg

What, in your opinion, is the optimum average temperature on Earth? And how did you come to your conclusion?

The temperature/climate that human civilization evolved with, which has been remarkably stable over the past thousands of years.

It's not a hard question to answer. Why do all deniers think it's clever? The fact that they don't know the answer shows how deficient their intellect is.

The temperature/climate that human civilization evolved with, which has been remarkably stable over the past thousands of years.

It's not a hard question to answer. Why do all deniers think it's clever? The fact that they don't know the answer shows how deficient their intellect is.

Only left wing nut bags have the arrogance to think that what we have seen the last hundred or so years is the long term average.

Why do all alarmists think they know what the temperature should be and never check to see the natural cycle they are in? Or that the earths climate has varied by as much as 16 deg C and that we are long overdue for the next glacial cycle..

Civilizations thrive during warm periods.

It must be warm enough in the daytime to grow crops. Otherwise we will all starve and die.

It cannot be so cold in the night that the crops freeze. Otherwise we will all starve an die.

For wheat this is 75 F (24 C).

For corn this is 80 degrees Fahrenheit (27 C).

Vegies will grow in slightly cooler temps.

For most temperate fruits this is about the same -- 75 to 80F.

For tropical fruits they need slightly higher temperatures and more moisture.

I like to sleep at 65F (18C) at night with thick quilting.

In the daytime I like anything from 70F to 85F (21 to 29C).

I always wear some kind of hat, so I could tolerate warmer.

And I always wear some kind of jacket (to conceal my 45ACP) so I could also tolerate cooler.

So for me the ideal overall range is 65 to 85F.

Crops and vegies like that as well.

Civilizations thrive during warm periods.
This is because that's when crops grow well.

India and China became populous because they are breadbaskets for wheat and rice.

Civilization evolved over the past 10,000 years.

The human species evolved over the past 2 million years.

Mammalian life evolved over the past 65 million years.

There has been a lot of dramatic climate change over those periods of time.

Some of those changes were quite rapid, and resulted in the extinction or extirpation of animals in various places. In the very rapid changes of the Younger Dryas, North America lost 43 of 56 large species of mammals. Such a rapid change today would cost us many hundreds of millions of human lives, if not a couple of billion.

A spread of 5 degrees over the past 10K years is stable...but you are crying catastrophe over a degree and a half...chant you glassy eyed cultist...chant...

Screen_shot_2012-10-06_at_11.14.04_AM.png

Forum List

Back