Oprah will eventually hurt Obama

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
The polls that I have seen tell me that celebrities do not persuade people to vote for their choice, as much as you might think. Most of the people at the mega-rallies were there to see Oprah, not Obama.

Many have predicted that it will hurt Obama in the long run. Does Oprah trump Bill?

From what I have heard and seen so far, I disagree. Obama represents change and the speeches Oprah is giving are about change. Excellent speeches too. There are a lot of people fed up with both parties who could see him as a solution that is not too far outside the mainstream - think Ron Paul.

Also consider for a minute the impact a Black president can have, the moment has come that MLK dreamed about, free at last, free at last. A real psychological home run.

Many consider Oprah to have credibility, so she adds weight to Obama. Obama has been so quiet that he needs someone to speak for him and draw attention to him.

I think Bill is actually becoming a detriment to Hillary with his recent statements being outright lies and revisionist history that all but the absolutley blind can see. He's reminding people of all the baggage that comes with Clintons in the White House. Those that love Bill want him, not Hillary. Some have theorized that Der Shliekmeister is trying to sabotage her. Intentionally or not, he may just be.

I don't like politicians standing next to actors to be honest. They look pretty stupid with the look of hope that the actor will actually make them a better candidate. If I was a politician, I would have no problem with a tv personality endorsing me, but I wouldn't bring them on my campaign trail, and speak in my very own forum. ....Thats just me!:eusa_whistle:

The polls that I have seen tell me that celebrities do not persuade people to vote for their choice, as much as you might think. Most of the people at the mega-rallies were there to see Oprah, not Obama.

Many have predicted that it will hurt Obama in the long run. Does Oprah trump Bill?

Imagine when the truth comes out about Oprah and Obama getting it on after campaign stops.

If I was a politician, I would have no problem with a tv personality endorsing me, but I wouldn't bring them on my campaign trail, and speak in my very own forum. ....Thats just me!:eusa_whistle:

If you wanted those votes bad enough you would.

Kid Pickle said:
Those that love Bill want him, not Hillary. Some have theorized that Der Shliekmeister is trying to sabotage her. Intentionally or not, he may just be.
You really believe that bullshit? The Clintons and the Bushes have been 'made' families for decades. They both work together for the same interests, but serve a common purpose by supposedly being of opposite sides of the aisle, so as to create division and argument amongst people about their policies...that if you REALLY look at, end up serving the same purpose for the establishment. There's no way that if Hillary really is the President-SELECT, that there's some type of plot in the family for Bill to sabotage her. That makes no sense.

Nevadamedic said:
Imagine when the truth comes out about Oprah and Obama getting it on after campaign stops.
You never cease to amaze me, dude. 98% of shit you say just makes no fucking sense, other than that it sounds exactly like something you would hear Bill O'Reilly say. Why would Obama even bang Oprah ANYWAY? His wife is way better looking than Oprah ever was.

You're a fucking weirdo, brother.

Interesting thoughts but Oprah will not be with Obama in the debates. He will be on his own. Honestly, I dont think Obama can beat Huck or Rudy. I know the polls may say otherwise right now but I don't see it.

Maybe Giuliani...but from what I've been reading, I don't think Huckabee is going to make it to the convention.

The Republican candidate needs to have the support of the evangelicals...but he also needs to have the support of the rest of the Republicans (and a good number of the Democrats). And most non-religious people I know get more than a bit nervous at the thought of a candidate saying "We need to take back this country for Jesus!"

Right or wrong...I think Huckabee has a good number of skeletons in his closet that are going to look GREAT in Democratic campaign commercials....I think, like Howard Dean, Huckabee's quotes might turn out to be his "then we're going to Washington, D.C. and we're going to take back the White House - YEAHRGHHHH!" moment.

As far as Oprah helping or hurting Obama....I think that Oprah can only help Obama. Unlike other "Hollywood-types," Oprah has never endorsed a candidate before - and therefore she comes across as someone who is only supporting Obama because she really believes in him. Additionally...Oprah is far more powerful than an actor like Ben Affleck or a musician like Barbara Streisand...Oprah is a guest in millions of homes around this country everyday...she laughs with people and cries with people...she discusses important issues and people listen...she suggests a book and MILLIONS of people RUN out to get that book....

Millions of people trust and love her...and if her endorsement can cause book sales to skyrocket and meat sales to plunge...she can certainly secure a few hundred thousand votes for Obama, if not more.

Forum List

Back