Oppressed by Pronouns

I say, that we should continue to use “he” and “she” in most cases.

For those few freaks who are confused as to what gender sex they are, the most perfect, appropriate pronoun is h'orsh'/it, formed from a contraction of “he or she/it”.

I don't get the whole LGBTQRSWXYZ thing. Why must people come up with such absurd names and titles?

When I was younger, we had a perfectly good name for the LGBTQRSWXYZ folk. It was succinct, accurate, simple to remember, and fit the situation.

We called them "perverts."

I don't get the whole LGBTQRSWXYZ thing. Why must people come up with such absurd names and titles?

When I was younger, we had a perfectly good name for the LGBTQRSWXYZ folk. It was succinct, accurate, simple to remember, and fit the situation.

We called them "perverts."

But that requires you to assume that good is better than evil, reason better than madness, and decency better than perversion. In this day and age, such assumptions mean that you're a hateful, transphobic, homophobic, pedophobic [insert any additional random sick perversions here]phobic bigot.

"We called them perverts...."

And therein lies the problem for the leftist thought police.

"The purpose of Newspeak was not only to provide a medium of expression for the world-view and mental habits proper to the devotees of Ingsoc, but to make all other modes of thought impossible. It was intended that when Newspeak had been adopted once and for all and Oldspeak forgotten, a heretical thought — that is, a thought diverging from the principles of Ingsoc — should be literally unthinkable, at least so far as thought is dependent on words....Quite apart from the suppression of definitely heretical words...Newspeak was designed not to extend but to diminish the range of thought..."

George Orwell
THE PRINCIPLES OF NEWSPEAK

I, you (sing.), he, she, it, we, you (plur.) they all work just fine. We don't need to redefine pronouns to satisfy someone who is mentally ill just because nobody wants to risk offending.

He is an asshole.

She is an asshole.

That person is an asshole.

They are assholes.

Everyone's an asshole.

"Asshole" is gender-neutral. :afro:

Forum List

Back