Opposition to Religious People - Any Basis Other Than Intolerance and Bigotry?

If you try and plunge into the inadequacies of human thought and behavior, you will only be dumbfounded and frustrated by the illusiveness of any conclusive answers.

Most peoples beliefs are based on subjective emotional impulses, as a result they exist inside a recurring loop of irrationality. They are not in a position to posit what is right or wrong as their foundational basis of thinking is flawed by their limited, illusory insight.

There is Order in the Universe which can be observed OBJECTIVELY, and through the elucidation of this Order it is possible to arrive at a place of understanding, where right and wrong can correctly be understood.

:lol:.. nice pan faced comedy routine...

Seems like every time religious people affirm their belief in God and things Godly over things sinful that are accepted and embraced by man we get slammed as bigots and intolerant people, well what the heel do you want us to do, join you in your sinful lifestyles just to prove we're tolerant and not bigots? It seems the true bigots are these sexual and anti-religious liberals who bash those who choose God over sin. Just as faggots have the first amendment to "come out" and spread their bogus claims of homosexuality we religious people have the same rights in regards to our religion, stop trying to shut us up so you can have a solo voice.

We've got countless historical examples of the mess that theocracies make of society, Bass.

No thinking human, not even believers like myself, is going to support your concept of a nation based on your twisted religious prejudices.

Seems like every time religious people affirm their belief in God and things Godly over things sinful that are accepted and embraced by man we get slammed as bigots and intolerant people, well what the heel do you want us to do, join you in your sinful lifestyles just to prove we're tolerant and not bigots? It seems the true bigots are these sexual and anti-religious liberals who bash those who choose God over sin. Just as faggots have the first amendment to "come out" and spread their bogus claims of homosexuality we religious people have the same rights in regards to our religion, stop trying to shut us up so you can have a solo voice.

Great points.

They do seem be upset that we would want to be better friends and family members not to mention just better people and caring about our fellow man.

Dude... you can affirm your beliefs in any manner you choose. I am Christian Progressive that believe Jesus' message of NOT JUDGING others and loving one another pretty much trumps all of the rules in the bible. The simple fact is... we are all forgiven. All we have to do is accept the gift.

You have no clue the heart of another man. None of us do. That makes us not worthy to judge another. Especially when we are just as flawed as anyone else. Let God do the judging. Live your life as you see fit to do. If that involves abstaining from all you think is wrong... great, do it. If that means you choose not to associate with people you think aren't godly. Great.

But don't sit here and talk about freedom and the Constitution on one thread and then try to manipulate those very same things to fit your religious agenda.

That's hypocritical as hell.

Do you believe the whole gospel of Christ or just part of it ?

Aren't you the same person who is bigoted and intolerant towards homosexuals?

Are we to accept what the Lord called an abomination ?

Oh REALLY? And just how is that? Name one freedom a non-believer is trying to take from you. Honestly, you people have no shame. Now tell me what freedoms xtians would just LOVE to take away from their fellow 'murkans. This should be interesting...

Yes, no doubt Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini, Chavez, Castro, and a great many other tyrants were all devout Christians.

A tyrant is a tyrant.. and your belief that they are always Christian is just dumb.
Indeed. Jim Jones was supposedly Christain...

No he claimed to his followers he was Christ.

Mat 24:3 And as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? And what shall be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the world?
Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said to them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
Mat 24:5 For many will come in My name, saying, I am Christ, and will deceive many.

"but it was founded on Christian principles and christian faith in God and Jesus..

WRONG!!!

The Principles upon which our country is based are found in British Common Law. The United States was Founded as Secular State.

Religion is mentioned TWO (02) and TWO (02) Only in Constitution of The United States of America.

The First Reference to Religion is in:

Section IV. Article VI. Clause III - "But No Religious Test Shall Be Required As A Qualification To Any Office of Public Trust In The United States".

Second Reference to Religion is in:

The First Amendment - "Congress Shall Make No Law Repecting An Establishment of Religion, or Prohibiting The Free Expression Thereof....."

The Oath of Office For President of the United States (Powers of The Executive. Article II) as written is - "I Do Solemnly Swear (Or Affirm) That I Will Faithfully Execute The Office of President of The United States, And Will To The Best of My Ability, Preserve, Protect and Defend The Constitution of The United State".

The words, "So Help Me God" were first used by George Washington of Virginia when he was sworn into office. Presidents since that time have used those same words. But there is no direct or indirect reference to such language in the Constitution of the United States.

The United States was founded on the principle of Tolerance for ALL religions. No one single Organized Religion can be considered the "State Religion" of our country. All Religions are equal.

People in the United States have the Protected Right to Worship Their Version of Their God, independent of State Interference in that Religion. No Person or Group of Persons has the Right to Dictate to others in the United States how Worship, What Church To Attend or What Version of What Bible Can Be Considered Proper.

Converslely, there are those (myself included) who have the Right NOT to be told What God to Worship, When to Worship or How to Worship.

There is no one single Religion in the U.S.

Feeling persecuted? I know it is a requirement of your religion to feel persecuted whether you are or not.

too bad from the hate spweing vitrol in your post you have nothing to fear from the likes of me, you will be around with me in hell :)

Personally, I don't care what you do as long as you leave other people alone. Nobody is asking you to marry a gay man.

Most peoples beliefs are based on subjective emotional impulses, as a result they exist inside a recurring loop of irrationality. They are not in a position to posit what is right or wrong as their foundational basis of thinking is flawed by their limited, illusory insight.
True – hence the Constitution and the rule of law.

You can't have a democracy and a Constitution and the rule of law. So which is it?

Welcome to America, where everyone has the right to be who they want to be, believe what they want to believe in, and say what they want to say. Don't like it? Get the fuck out.
Just because the Liberals are doing their job correctly and by the law doesn't mean that they aren't religious. How would you like it if one of your parents/children was killed and the killer was set free because the judge of the case said god has forgivin him for his sins?
YOU ARE INTOLERANT ASSHOLES AND POSTS LIKE THIS JUST PROVE IT EVEN MORE!

"but it was founded on Christian principles and christian faith in God and Jesus..

WRONG!!!

The Principles upon which our country is based are found in British Common Law. The United States was Founded as Secular State.

Religion is mentioned TWO (02) and TWO (02) Only in Constitution of The United States of America.

The First Reference to Religion is in:

Section IV. Article VI. Clause III - "But No Religious Test Shall Be Required As A Qualification To Any Office of Public Trust In The United States".

Second Reference to Religion is in:

The First Amendment - "Congress Shall Make No Law Repecting An Establishment of Religion, or Prohibiting The Free Expression Thereof....."

The Oath of Office For President of the United States (Powers of The Executive. Article II) as written is - "I Do Solemnly Swear (Or Affirm) That I Will Faithfully Execute The Office of President of The United States, And Will To The Best of My Ability, Preserve, Protect and Defend The Constitution of The United State".

The words, "So Help Me God" were first used by George Washington of Virginia when he was sworn into office. Presidents since that time have used those same words. But there is no direct or indirect reference to such language in the Constitution of the United States.

The United States was founded on the principle of Tolerance for ALL religions. No one single Organized Religion can be considered the "State Religion" of our country. All Religions are equal.

People in the United States have the Protected Right to Worship Their Version of Their God, independent of State Interference in that Religion. No Person or Group of Persons has the Right to Dictate to others in the United States how Worship, What Church To Attend or What Version of What Bible Can Be Considered Proper.

Converslely, there are those (myself included) who have the Right NOT to be told What God to Worship, When to Worship or How to Worship.

There is no one single Religion in the U.S.

then you better take your arguement up with the Supreme Court ...

True – hence the Constitution and the rule of law.

You can't have a democracy and a Constitution and the rule of law. So which is it?

Whaaaa?

The point that is being made is that the U.S. is not a direct democracy, we're a representative democracy, with limits placed on those representatives by our constitution and bill of rights. Every law can be overturned by the litmus test of constitutionality.

We are a form of democracy (representative), but we're really a constitutional republic.

If you try and plunge into the inadequacies of human thought and behavior, you will only be dumbfounded and frustrated by the illusiveness of any conclusive answers.

There is Order in the Universe which can be observed OBJECTIVELY, and through the elucidation of this Order it is possible to arrive at a place of understanding, where right and wrong can correctly be understood.

Two people who have homosexual sex and believe they're wired for it are just as subjective in their thought processes with their sodomosexual emotional impulses to want to anally shag, do you agree?

My thoughts on Religion are based on my rejection of anything based solely on "faith" because a book or scholars of said book said to have it.

My objective analysis' of any of the Religions has led me to believe that in many ways, shapes, forms, etc. they're phony and closed minded and have many times been used to manipulate people.

My thoughts on Religion are based on my rejection of anything based solely on "faith" because a book or scholars of said book said to have it.

My objective analysis' of any of the Religions has led me to believe that in many ways, shapes, forms, etc. they're phony and closed minded and have many times been used to manipulate people.

Well God and His Word never changes so man is the problem.

Forum List

Back