Opposition To Michael Steele Mounts, Race Rearing Ugly Head

I'll be surprised if Steele stays. I think he was a major fail.

His caricature of being "black" --I'm thinking of the references to fried chicken in a forced dialect, trying to force lingo--were just so absurd that it was more like mockery, absurd to the point where he'd get his ass beat for that shit if he was on the street.

To the day I die I'll believe the main reason he was put in that position of power was because the GOP wanted their own version of Obama.

Of course it is .. too bad they ignored their own "Obama" in JC Watts.
i'd vote for that man for almost any office he wished to pursue

His caricature of being "black" --I'm thinking of the references to fried chicken in a forced dialect, trying to force lingo--were just so absurd that it was more like mockery, absurd to the point where he'd get his ass beat for that shit if he was on the street.

To the day I die I'll believe the main reason he was put in that position of power was because the GOP wanted their own version of Obama.

That's an insult to JC.

Just sayin'.

Opposition continues to mount against Republican National Committee Chair Michael Steele, and it has actually intensified since the Chair announced his bid for re-election only a week ago. As the race for Chair fast approaches the RNC Winter meeting, accusations of playing the race card and racism itself abound on both sides of the aisle. The GOP seems both anxious and angry that Steele is hinting at using his Blackness as an issue during the race, a move that could very well hurt the RNC heading into 2012 by hampering its ability to attract growing minority demographics.

In other words the use of racism is rumor at best. Rumor that the left started and is spreading.

Steele should be out b/c he sucked as a leader of the RNC. But if he loses you and the left will say it was b/c he's black.

Fucking people make me sick.

Actually he just made a good case for his re election. Lots and lots and lots of Republican wins,, and he raised a lot of money too. The election will be Jan. 14th. We'll know then.

but you asswipes threw over a well qualified white woman for the wh didn't ya huh? yes you did.

And we got a brilliant man who taught Constitutional Law for 10 years at the University Level among other achievements.

you have a weird idea of what "brilliant" is.

Right wingers live in the "Bizarro World". They believe Sarah Palin is "brilliant" and Obama is "dumb".

Republican society is ruled by the Bizarro Code which states "Us do opposite of all Earthly things! Us hate beauty! Us love ugliness! Is big crime to make anything perfect on Bizarro World!".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bizarro_World

That's an insult to JC.

Just sayin'.

:lol:

Oh sure .. JC never wanted to be anything but an oddity .. never aspired for higher office.

I think it more likely that you would be an insult to Watts.

J.C. Watts: Don't count my vote for McCain
Former Republican congressional leader blasts party

WASHINGTON – J.C. Watts, who has been mentioned as a possible Republican vice presidential candidate, is not even certain he will vote for John McCain this year.

He's also very unhappy with the Republican Party.

The thought that the former member of the Republican congressional leadership might actually consider voting for Barack Obama came up over the weekend when the Associated Press reported just that in a story pointing out conservative pundit Armstrong Williams and former Secretary of State Colin Powell were thinking about it – and had good things to say about the Democratic nominee.

Is Watts serious about Obama?

"Well, no, I didn't say that," he told Sean Hannity on his national radio show today. "What I said in the article was that I was a free agent. No one should assume that J.C. Watts should vote one way."

Watts, a former Southern Baptist associate pastor, blasted the Republican Party for taking both blacks for granted and evangelical Christians.

He also said he was disappointed at the way the Republican Party leadership and John McCain's campaign include not a single black American.

more at link

... just sayin'

Last edited:

That's an insult to JC.

Just sayin'.

Oh sure .. JC never wanted to be anything but an oddity .. never aspired for higher office.

I think it more likely that you would be an insult to Watts.

Former Republican congressional leader blasts party

WASHINGTON – J.C. Watts, who has been mentioned as a possible Republican vice presidential candidate, is not even certain he will vote for John McCain this year.

He's also very unhappy with the Republican Party.

The thought that the former member of the Republican congressional leadership might actually consider voting for Barack Obama came up over the weekend when the Associated Press reported just that in a story pointing out conservative pundit Armstrong Williams and former Secretary of State Colin Powell were thinking about it – and had good things to say about the Democratic nominee.

Is Watts serious about Obama?

"Well, no, I didn't say that," he told Sean Hannity on his national radio show today. "What I said in the article was that I was a free agent. No one should assume that J.C. Watts should vote one way."

Watts, a former Southern Baptist associate pastor, blasted the Republican Party for taking both blacks for granted and evangelical Christians.

He also said he was disappointed at the way the Republican Party leadership and John McCain's campaign include not a single black American.

more at link

... just sayin'
there were a lot of republicans unhappy with the choice of McCain

The Racism towards Steele comes from the left who believe that minorities cannot be conservatives.

And this is a good time to note that the country's first Latina Governor is a member of the GOP.

Uber-ridiculous.

Who told you that minorities want to be conservatives .. and what's stopping those who do?

It's real simple .. they don't want to be conservatives because conservatives have no interest in our perspectives or lives .. and that's cool, just don't whine and complain when we ignore you and your puppets.

Voting is about one's interests.

Congrats on the latina governor .. one of the very few minority firsts republicans can claim .. but virtually EVERY other minority first comes from the left.

As for Steele .. :lol: .. he lied down with dogs, now he's wondering why he's scratching.

Many members of minority communities ARE conservative. The problem is that the term "conservatism" has been hijacked by the Conservative Confederate Republican Party of Tea Baggers". A political party that's 90% white. Minorities don't feel welcome in this organization. I suspect because the CCRPTB is based in the south and KKK and Aryan Nation would never vote Democrat over Republican.

Race rearing ugly head? Well of course that's how the lefty media and their cohorts in the Dimocrat party will frame the fact that many Republicans aren't happy with Steele's performance and want someone else to fill the position. It's right out of their playbook, Chapter 2 in the Race section.

Steele brought up his race idiot, not the left. Troll.

Are you lying or did you not read your own link? I re-read it and Steele doesn't mention his race anywhere.

Take this for what it's worth;

In a new and unusual twist, the two African American committee members of the RNC, retired physician Ada Fisher and retired banker Glen McCall, have both stated they are not supporting Steele’s bid for Chair. ”I’m not only not supporting him, I’m not supporting any of his lieutenants, which includes [former RNC Political Director Gentry] Collins and [former RNC lead counsel Reince] Priebus,” Fisher told Roll Call during an interview.

Steele did a piss poor job and so did his team. Unless you are prepared to call these people self hating racists.

The Republitards wanted their glorified Negro equivalent and though Steele happily obliged to feel proud of being the "first" Black RNC chairman, but what they got was an egotistical maniac who wasn't enough of a black body with a white head. Naturally, whenever things don't go right who else were they going to blame? he should have learned from Colin Powell.

In a new and unusual twist, the two African American committee members of the RNC, retired physician Ada Fisher and retired banker Glen McCall, have both stated they are not supporting Steele’s bid for Chair. ”I’m not only not supporting him, I’m not supporting any of his lieutenants, which includes [former RNC Political Director Gentry] Collins and [former RNC lead counsel Reince] Priebus,” Fisher told Roll Call during an interview.

Steele did a piss poor job and so did his team. Unless you are prepared to call these people self hating racists.

The Republitards take the House gain seats in the Senate and Steele is a failure? No way, they've just grown tired of having a token Negro be the face of the party amongst an undistinguished bunch of TeaBaggers.

Opposition continues to mount against Republican National Committee Chair Michael Steele, and it has actually intensified since the Chair announced his bid for re-election only a week ago. As the race for Chair fast approaches the RNC Winter meeting, accusations of playing the race card and racism itself abound on both sides of the aisle. The GOP seems both anxious and angry that Steele is hinting at using his Blackness as an issue during the race, a move that could very well hurt the RNC heading into 2012 by hampering its ability to attract growing minority demographics.

In other words the use of racism is rumor at best. Rumor that the left started and is spreading.

Steele should be out b/c he sucked as a leader of the RNC. But if he loses you and the left will say it was b/c he's black.

Actually he just made a good case for his re election. Lots and lots and lots of Republican wins,, and he raised a lot of money too. The election will be Jan. 14th. We'll know then.

I don't think that over comes all his very public gaffs.

Plus there were 2 other people out there getting people elected. Palin and someguywho'snameIcan'trecall.

The Republitards wanted their glorified Negro equivalent and though Steele happily obliged to feel proud of being the "first" Black RNC chairman, but what they got was an egotistical maniac who wasn't enough of a black body with a white head. Naturally, whenever things don't go right who else were they going to blame? he should have learned from Colin Powell.

He should have learned from Chicken George and history.

I don't think that over comes all his very public gaffs.

Plus there were 2 other people out there getting people elected. Palin and someguywho'snameIcan'trecall.

come on two thumbs. Republicans took more seats than at any other time in history, that sure as hell over comes a few gaffes..he can gaffe us all the way to 2012. I'd vote for him.

What we got was a polished well spoken highly educated black gentlemen. I might add the Republican party has several of those types of individuals all of whom you denigrate you racist peice of shit.

Steele and the other three black Republicans are going to be pissed. But 90% of the party wants a change. Oh, and 6% of scientists.

The large swath of black and Latino House Reps. and Governors we just elected will likely back him too. Our party's already had an awesome Latino Chairman, Martinez.

Where was yours? Sheep?

Last edited:

What we got was a polished well spoken highly educated black gentlemen. I might add the Republican party has several of those types of individuals all of whom you denigrate you racist peice of shit.

An Uncle Tom is an Uncle Tom, I don't give a damn which party they come from, being well spoken and high educated is valued by myself as well as most blacks and nobody is attacking Steele for that, the Republitards were looking for a token Black face contemporary to Obama and got an egotistical Negro instead. With the shift of the Republitard Party to the far right, Steele's black face just doesn't the image of what they want to portray so they want him gone.

The Republitards take the House gain seats in the Senate and Steele is a failure? No way, they've just grown tired of having a token Negro be the face of the party amongst an undistinguished bunch of TeaBaggers.

Well, I caught you in a lie or making shit up in this thread once already.

so I will ask you to prove your bullshit accusation, even though I know you can't.

typical lefty shit

Steele was our token black guy. when he started doing good, he was an Uncle Tom race traitor, when he gaffed you pounced. But NOW he's a poor mistreated brother?

You people make me want to vomit. take in everything Steele did, weigh the pros and cons, and he's out. Conservative reps don't want him around, black people hate him, thank the media for that, and people close to him don't want him or his team around.

New Topics

Forum List

Back