Opposition to Gay Marriage - Any Basis Other Than Intolerance and Bigotry?

im anti-government involvement in all kinds of marriage. does that count?

I gotta agree. Those fvcking Mormons gotta be able to marry their 10 wives too. It will be a never ending freak show I guess. Who knows where it will go. Some towel head bastard will want to marry his goat, sheep or donkey. etc etc.

Hell Obama married RuPaul. I don't think anyone even noticed.

Just keep the freaks away from me and my family. Thank God for the 2nd amendment.

We got us an equal opportunity bigot, folks....isn't he cute?

You got that right mullethead

The gay lifestyle is disgusting. I do not like being around buttfvckers. They are just as vile as a pedophile is to me, but there is no law against their perversion because it does not hurt another human.

To be consistent in my views on FREEDOM for all. The faggots need to be able to get married.

The faggots do not need to impose their beliefs on me or my children. If they continue to campaign gay lifestyles be taught to our children in schools, I must insist, we also teach all children about Sodom and Gomorrah and how risky, unhealthy and filthy anal sex is.

Have you ever butt fucked a woman?

Can you first walk me through the difference between marriage and civil union?

I have been asking conservatives this question for years. Never got a straight answer.

Marriage is seen by most as in the eyes of God. Civil Unions is seen by most as in the eyes of the court.

Fags getting married to me is a little like them spitting in the eye of God. But they can do what ever they want. God will take it up with them at a later date.

your a fucking closet gay....i can tell just by how scared you are of these people....

The gay lifestyle is disgusting. I do not like being around buttfvckers. They are just as vile as a pedophile is to me, but there is no law against their perversion because it does not hurt another human.

To be consistent in my views on FREEDOM for all. The faggots need to be able to get married.

The faggots do not need to impose their beliefs on me or my children. If they continue to campaign gay lifestyles be taught to our children in schools, I must insist, we also teach all children about Sodom and Gomorrah and how risky, unhealthy and filthy anal sex is.

Have you ever butt fucked a woman?

Hell no, that is an exit

I have been asking conservatives this question for years. Never got a straight answer.

Marriage is seen by most as in the eyes of God. Civil Unions is seen by most as in the eyes of the court.

Fags getting married to me is a little like them spitting in the eye of God. But they can do what ever they want. God will take it up with them at a later date.

your a fucking closet gay....i can tell just by how scared you are of these people....

I am disgusted by them, not scared of them stupid.I also aviod pediphiles, chicken fvckers, and Democrats all of which are just as sick.

Last edited:
Actually an analysis of voter Demographics for Prop 8 shows that Blacks and Hispanics were 7% and 14% respectively of the voting population for Prop 8 voting 58 & 59% respectively.

Interesting though is that the second largest demographic (behind white) was Weekly Religious Attendance (45%), and that demographic voted 70% in favor of the initiative.

So which had a bigger impact - 7 & 14% voting 58% OR 45% voting 70%?

http://www.ncsu.edu/stud_affairs/glbt/pdfs/Prop 8 Report.pdf

>>>>

How much of that weekly attendance demographic is black?

Rev. Al Rips Black Mega-Churches on LGBT, Prop 8 | Young Black Professional Guide

Statistically speaking a much greater impact on the outcome would have been made by a 45% demographic voting 70% to approve Prop 8.

Since they were only 7% of the voters, who cares? Well unless the race card is trying to be played.

>>>>>

You missed the question.

For some obscure reason, probably because you do not want to admit it, you seem to miss the point that that 45% demographic of weekly church goers had a few blacks and Hispanics within it. My guess is the numbers were actually pretty significant.

Can you first walk me through the difference between marriage and civil union?
The most significant difference between marriage and civil unions (or domestic partnerships) is that only marriage offers federal benefits and protections.

According to the federal government's General Accounting Office (GAO), more than 1,100 rights and protections are conferred to U.S. citizens upon marriage. Areas affected include Social Security benefits, veterans' benefits, health insurance, Medicaid, hospital visitation, estate taxes, retirement savings, pensions, family leave, and immigration law.

Because same-sex marriages in Massachusetts and California, civil unions, and domestic partnerships are not federally recognized, any benefits available at the state or local level are subject to federal taxation. For example, a woman whose health insurance covers her female partner must pay federal taxes on the total employer cost for that insurance.

A Primer on Same-Sex Marriage, Civil Unions, Domestic Partnerships, and Defense of Marriage Acts — Infoplease.com
Hence denying same-sex couples access to actual marriage is a violation of the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment.

What actually violates the Constitution is the laws that give married couples preferential treatment.

I am disgusted by them, not scared of them stupid.

no your scared of them......your the only poster here calling them Fags,Butt fuckers.....that has scared written all over it.....its like calling Blacks *******.....your Fucking in the closet Cowgirl.....come on out.....just remember....shave your legs....

No one is asking for polygamy or bestiality. Those are dried up old arguments the Social Conservatives tried thinking America would be just dumb enough to follow them down that primrose path. Marriage is still two committed, loving, sober taxpaying adult citizens. Not a gaggle of Mormons nor a man and his goat.

It is not a dried up old argument. It is a valid comparison.

IF marriage is a right
IF that right extends to whomever you wish to marry and is not subject to scrutiny
Then you must allow polygamists and inter familial marriages.

Personally, I would allow all of them AFTER marriage was removed as a tax benefit. For the time being, I have no issues with gays marrying as what one does on their own time is their own business. I believe that the crux of the argument lies in benefits to society. If there is a negative benefit then it could be argued that the state has no business condoning the relationship. There is no law against marrying for gays, just that the marriage will not be recognized by the state. For me, the verdict is in, it is BENEFICIAL to sanction gay marriage as gay is not a choice and all benefit from a stable relationship. There is also the adoption angle. I am POSITIVE that I do not want children in foster care. Whatever your view on gay behavior, a child is better off in a stable gay family than they are in a fluid and possible abusive foster care.
The "right" itself is not marriage. the "right" is the access to contract law and the Marriage Contract itself. It's just not proper, in a nation that bills itself as a beacon of freedom and civil rights not to allow TWO ADULT CITIZENS access to those legal protections. Not citizens and animals. Animals cannot CONSENT to a legal contract. And it's that point that invalidates the old Social Conservative's argument.

Eliminate the legal protections conferred on marriage.

Oh you don't think the polygamist don't want polygamy to be legal?
Laws banning polygamy are Constitutional because everyone is ‘equally denied.’

I would like to hear from some posters who bring polygamy up all the time.....what is it about allowing gay marriage that triggers polygamy that would not be triggered by straight marriage?

What legal justification would we have to ban polygamy if the government is not allowed to define marriage as being between one man and one woman? I want to here a rational argument that defends that position, if anyone actually has one.

Well, New York has done the right thing. Which brings to mind a question.

Can any person here who is "opposed to gay marriage" come forward and justify their position on the basis of anything other than intolerance and bigotry? Seriously.

Please don't start with "the Bible does not condone same sex marriage." Perhaps it doesn't. So WHAT? Let's say the Bible contained a passage which said: "Marriage is only between a man and a woman. If thou shalt marry one of the same sex as yourself, thou shalt burn in the fiery pits of HELL!" So what? Isn't invoking the Bible just another way of shoving religion down the throats of other people? Yup. In other words, intolerance and bigotry.

No, my friends - we all know what is really involved here, don't we? I am wondering if there is anyone here who has the stones to come right out and tell it like it is: "I am opposed to same sex marriage because I hate gays everything they stand for. No other reason."

Intolerance and bigotry. There really does not seem to be any other reason.
Had an assistant manager at a previous job that is gay. We've remained close friends outside of work.
He is also our local president of the democratic headquarters and we've had some spirited debates on several issues.
He and his partner agree that, by definition, they shouldn't "marry".
They both are fine with 'civil union' or 'legal partnership'.

But I guess they're just being intolerant and bigoted........
:eusa_whistle:

I am disgusted by them, not scared of them stupid.I also aviod pediphiles, chicken fvckers, and Democrats all of which are just as sick.

The sick one here is you.

Can any person here who is "opposed to gay marriage" come forward and justify their position on the basis of anything other than intolerance and bigotry? Seriously.

Please don't start with "the Bible does not condone same sex marriage." Perhaps it doesn't. So WHAT? Let's say the Bible contained a passage which said: "Marriage is only between a man and a woman. If thou shalt marry one of the same sex as yourself, thou shalt burn in the fiery pits of HELL!" So what? Isn't invoking the Bible just another way of shoving religion down the throats of other people? Yup. In other words, intolerance and bigotry.

No, my friends - we all know what is really involved here, don't we? I am wondering if there is anyone here who has the stones to come right out and tell it like it is: "I am opposed to same sex marriage because I hate gays everything they stand for. No other reason."

Had an assistant manager at a previous job that is gay. We've remained close friends outside of work.
He is also our local president of the democratic headquarters and we've had some spirited debates on several issues.

So - some of your best friends are gay, eh? Terrific. And are you "fine" with same sex marriage? Or (let me guess) - are you opposed to it?

The sick one here is you.

Sorry if I offended you sodomite.

I said you fags could get married if you want, just keep it away from me and my kids. Too much to ask?

You fags are always trying to rub are noses in it. You are the sick ones.

Last edited:
Organized Christian religion has been around a lot longer than marriage between sodomites. It seems to me that radical homosexuals are bigoted toward Christianity. Like the pot-head anti-war protestors of the 60's stupid sissies are so full of themselves that they seem to think freedom of speech only applies to burning the Flag or men wearing dresses.

OK - not so sure about the premise of your first statement but, nonetheless - so what's your basis for being opposed to same sex marriage? Not too clear from what you are saying here.

I gotta agree. Those fvcking Mormons gotta be able to marry their 10 wives too. It will be a never ending freak show I guess. Who knows where it will go. Some towel head bastard will want to marry his goat, sheep or donkey. etc etc.

Hell Obama married RuPaul. I don't think anyone even noticed.

Just keep the freaks away from me and my family. Thank God for the 2nd amendment.
No one is asking for polygamy or bestiality. Those are dried up old arguments the Social Conservatives tried thinking America would be just dumb enough to follow them down that primrose path. Marriage is still two committed, loving, sober taxpaying adult citizens. Not a gaggle of Mormons nor a man and his goat.

There are people that are asking for polygamous marriages, and even bestiality. If we legally change the definition from the traditional one of between one man and one woman what legal justification would we have to tell two men they cannot marry the same woman? Bestiality is an easy one to defend, but polygamy is going to be harder.
Well, Mitt's father George Romney was born in Chihuahua, Mexico where his family had gone to escape laws against polygamy.
Can you name people who advocate for marrying animals?

So - some of your best friends are gay, eh? Terrific. And are you "fine" with same sex marriage? Or (let me guess) - are you opposed to it?
I am fine with gay civil unions or partnerships. The company I now work for provides benefits for gay/lesbian partners.
Gays should be allowed to lose half their shit, too, in the event of a separation/divorce..
BUT...........marriage, by definition, is one man and one woman.
You can't put an eraser on a pen and call it a pencil.

This could also be asked of a state government wishing to ban same-sex marriage. In order for a law designed to preempt equal protection or a civil right to be upheld as Constitutional, a ‘compelling governmental interest’ must be provided, given the standard of review.

In Perry, for example, the Prop 8 case, no good or compelling objective reasons could be provided to support the constitutionality of the measure.

Why do Gays want to get married in the first place if they receive the same rights in civil unions.?

It bothers me that Gays are so cavalier and insulting as to religious beliefs. I believe their marriage push is more related to destroying traditional religious belief, than marriage...

My view is that many act out as spoiled brats that want their way no matter how intolerate they are..

Forum List

Back