Opposition to Gay Marriage - Any Basis Other Than Intolerance and Bigotry?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by George Costanza, Jul 2, 2011.

1. George Costanza

George Costanza A Friendly Liberal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    Well, New York has done the right thing. Which brings to mind a question.

Can any person here who is "opposed to gay marriage" come forward and justify their position on the basis of anything other than intolerance and bigotry? Seriously.

Please don't start with "the Bible does not condone same sex marriage." Perhaps it doesn't. So WHAT? Let's say the Bible contained a passage which said: "Marriage is only between a man and a woman. If thou shalt marry one of the same sex as yourself, thou shalt burn in the fiery pits of HELL!" So what? Isn't invoking the Bible just another way of shoving religion down the throats of other people? Yup. In other words, intolerance and bigotry.

No, my friends - we all know what is really involved here, don't we? I am wondering if there is anyone here who has the stones to come right out and tell it like it is: "I am opposed to same sex marriage because I hate gays everything they stand for. No other reason."

Intolerance and bigotry. There really does not seem to be any other reason.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
  2. Zona

Zona A guy in ariZONA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +942
    Just like so many things that are embarrasing in our history, this one will be right there. The ones who opposed equal rights for blacks and women are the same idiots who are against this.

Once again, intolerance and ignorance shows its ugly face. Oh and speaking of the bible...didnt it say something about divorce? Why is that ignored by these same idiots. Divorce, fidelity etc.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  3. WorldWatcher

WorldWatcher Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,905
    >

Easy...

.........Everyone knows...

.................................Its the first step...

.......................................................In dogs wanting to ...

................................................................................Adopt human children.

>>>>

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  4. Political Junky

Political Junky Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,534
    This should prove interesting. Can't wait.

5. Susan45

Susan45 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Geeze Zona, your post made me smile and chuckle. There are people who are still against equal rights. Embarrassed? not one whit. So it really isn't surprising that so many folks are still against equal rights for our gay citizens. They might like the idea of America being the land of the free but they think they get to choose who will be free.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  6. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,678
    Not too long ago gays were making fun of marriage because of the divorce rate but now they want it. Why?

Wanna' know why Prop 8 passed in California? Because Blacks and Hispanics voted for it in droves. Ask THEM why they oppose gay marriage.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  7. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,869
    Unfortunately there is a minority conservative opinion that incorrectly infers the 14th Amendment does not apply to gender:

What Scalia refuses to accept is that the rights of Americans are not subject to popular vote. See: West Virginia Board of Education vs. Barnette (1943). State lawmaking bodies are not the appropriate venue to determine whether one’s rights are acknowledged or not. And how long must a given minority wait before the people of a given state ‘decide’ to acknowledge the rights of that minority? A year? Ten years? Indeed, a Constitutional right delayed is a right denied.

Hence, Scalia’s opinion is the minority in the legal community:
    Should a given same-sex marriage case make it to the Supreme Court, fortunately, a 5-4 ruling is likely in favor of same-sex marriage, given Justice Kennedy’s majority opinion in Lawrence v Texas (2003).

8. American Cowboy

American Cowboy BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +115
    The gay lifestyle is disgusting. I do not like being around buttfvckers. They are just as vile as a pedophile is to me, but there is no law against their perversion because it does not hurt another human.

To be consistent in my views on FREEDOM for all. The faggots need to be able to get married.

The faggots do not need to impose their beliefs on me or my children. If they continue to campaign gay lifestyles be taught to our children in schools, I must insist, we also teach all children about Sodom and Gomorrah and how risky, unhealthy and filthy anal sex is.

9. George Costanza

George Costanza A Friendly Liberal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    Thank you. Thank you for your honesty and thank you for your views on freedom for all.

10. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    While I have no issue with gays, I have to agree. The constitution does not discriminate race, gender nor sexuality.