Opportunity Knock$!!

Mr. Shaman

May 4, 2010
.....And, who's a BIGGER opportuni$t than......

....Tim $cott??

Here’s a quick look at $cott’s record:

* Floated impeaching Obama over the debt ceiling.

* Proposed a bill to cut off food stamps for entire families if one member went on strike.

* Wanted to spend an unlimited amount of money to display Ten Commandments outside county building.

* Defended fairness of giving billions in subsidies to Big Oil.

* Helped slash South Carolina’s HIV/AIDS budget.

Some of us can read and are very good at comprehension although you might not be able too, or you think others are just not that educated.
Get over it.
Read:Will Big Oil Keep Its Subsidies in a Fiscal-Cliff Deal? | Mother Jones
http://priceofoil.org/fossil-fuel-subsidies/
The Hard Truth: Even Liberals are Big Fans of Oil Subsidies
You know if this is not enough let me set you up for more reading. Google.....big oil subsidies.
Thank you.

"Big Oil" does not receive "subsidies".

Yes they do, dumbshit.

After 35 years in the business, I've not seen it anywhere in the industry.

Fuck off.

Yes they do, dumbshit.

Unfortunately, like most homosexuals with inner turmoil, animosity towards other (for not being born "normal"), etc. - hazlnut here likes to take out his frustrations on the world with lies and misinformation.

The very definition of a "subsidy" is receiving money from the government. The oil industry does NOT receive money from the government. They never have, and I doubt they ever will.

Disingenuous assholes like hazl here think that getting tax deductions (like every single human and every single company in the entire United States does) equals "subsidy". Incentives to keep more of what was already their's is NOT a "subsidy". It's not even close to it.

Yes they do, dumbshit.

handjob.gif

It seems your reading skills are a little less than sub-standard too or facts never get in the way of your ability to post.
Or you like to play the semantics game. But living in your world it is evident that facts do not matter.
In the USA Petroleum companies are the beneficiaries of preferential tax credits and rates which are significantly lower than other businesses. Including Federal subsidies for: Percentage depletion allowance, nonconventional fuel production credit, Expensing of exploration and development costs, enhanced oil recovery credit, Foreign tax credits (FTCs), Deferral of foreign income, Accelerated depreciation allowances, Expensing of tertiary injectants, and Exclusion of interest on industrial development bonds for energy facilities.

In addition to the federal tax subsidies State and Local tax rates on the sale of gasoline is approximately 1/3 lower than the average sales tax rate on other types of products.

Many temporary tax relief reforms such as the The Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997 (TRA) etc cost another 2 billion in 1997 dollars per year that once in place have yet to be removed due to politicians being sympathetic to the wishes of the petroleum industry.

Not only do these tax provisions distort the real price of gasoline at the pump, but promote the general environmentally unfriendly practices of the oil industry over the development of cleaner alternative green fuels.

Yes they do, dumbshit.

Unfortunately, like most homosexuals with inner turmoil, animosity towards other (for not being born "normal"), etc. - hazlnut here likes to take out his frustrations on the world with lies and misinformation.

The very definition of a "subsidy" is receiving money from the government. The oil industry does NOT receive money from the government. They never have, and I doubt they ever will.

Disingenuous assholes like hazl here think that getting tax deductions (like every single human and every single company in the entire United States does) equals "subsidy". Incentives to keep more of what was already their's is NOT a "subsidy". It's not even close to it.

Last edited:
Some of us can read and are very good at comprehension although you might not be able too, or you think others are just not that educated.
Get over it.
You know if this is not enough let me set you up for more reading. Google.....big oil subsidies.
Thank you.

Yes they do, dumbshit.

Fuck off.

I wouldn't wipe my ass with a Mother Jones magazine. That article is long on bullshit and devoid of substance. There are no subsidies in the oil and gas industries.

Name them if you think they exist. Be specific.

That said, I'll assume the other links you posted are just as worthless.

To reiterate, you only read and see what you want to see. So your total ignorance of the subject shows.
You have yourself convinced you are one of the more intelligent individuals on this board. Be you far from that, so any more articles and facts, would ill convince you.
Bye

Get over it.
Thank you.

Fuck off.

I wouldn't wipe my ass with a Mother Jones magazine. That article is long on bullshit and devoid of substance. There are no subsidies in the oil and gas industries.

Name them if you think they exist. Be specific.

That said, I'll assume the other links you posted are just as worthless.

Yeah....sure.....of course they don't.....

From your own link:

There are a lot of activities under this simple definition—tax breaks and giveaways, but also loans at favorable rates, price controls, purchase requirements and a whole lot of other things.

Tax breaks and lower interest rates on loans aren't subsidies. In fact, none of the things in your link constitute as subsidies. They aren't receiving money from the government.

To reiterate, you only read and see what you want to see. So your total ignorance of the subject shows.
You have yourself convinced you are one of the more intelligent individuals on this board. Be you far from that, so any more articles and facts, would ill convince you.
Bye

This is what Mother Jones said;

Yet notably absent from the debate over what to cut and what to spare in a deal are the tens of billions of dollars in subsidies, tax breaks, and other perks for the hugely profitable oil industry

Tax breaks aren't subsidies. "Perks" such as favorable rates on loans aren't subsidies.

You guys should open up a dictionary every once in a while..

A subsidy is assistance paid to a business or economic sector or producers. Subsidy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Again, a tax break isn't a subsidy. Far from it. Try to remember that before you continue to post nonsense.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back