"Opponents of gay marriage often cite Scripture."

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by Dante, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    Hmmm, I wonder what people think of ms. Miller's column?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. chrismac

chrismac Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Whatever. I'd seen that article on HuffPo -- the liberal atheist clearinghouse that it is -- and I couldn't read it then, either.

The article starts off with this same kind of "well, see, people who believe in traditional marriage are wrong because look at the other archaic traditions that are in the tradition of marriage." It trips on its own two feet, because all the examples it gives are between who? Men and women.

I think it's a gross oversimplification of what the Bible says, and does so with a fair amount of self-righteous pandering to the Left. At this stage in the game, I think there's a legitimate legal secular argument against gay marriage that doesn't even rely on Biblical tenets. I just think a lot of people love complaining about religious doctrine, whatever it is, rather than maintain this dishonest altruistic need to separate church and state. I hear more people complain about the homosexual persecution by religious people than I've ever actually seen it play out.

It's funny how using the Bible is all cool and respectable when it's used to justify gay marriage, but when it's used to deny it, oh, separation of church and state!

Pick a side, and stay there, is all I ask.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,457
    Yo, rookie.........you really are stupid aren't ya? These are examples from the Bible that YOU use, yet you choose to mis-interpret the lessons therein.

Solomon had over 1,000 wives.....but the reason that he had so many was because they were political marriages, in order to join tribes and people.

You only want to see what YOU think is right. Lemmie ask ya something idiot, if you think that there is only 1 way to God, you are sorely mistaken. because if so, why the fuck is there so much variety in the world? Ya wanna live in a world with only 2 options for transportation, car and truck? How about having them only come in 2 colors, black and white? How about your house having the same floor plan, as well as the same amount of family members of everyone in the world? Imagine if there is only 1 kind of tree, and 1 kind of grass, and 1 kind of vegetable.

That's what narrow-minded assholes like you would like to see. Me? I prefer as much variety as possible.

The Who, in their song "Join Together" sang about it by the way....."There's a million ways to laugh, and every one's a path, I want you to Join Together with the Band."

Your hair hides the lobotomy scars well by the way.

4. chrismac

chrismac Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Oh, so you like variety? I can think of at least fifty places where we can meet and you can blow me. And if you give me a minute, I'm sure I can find a few more.

Solomon had 1,000 what? Wives? Meaning, he wasn't busting a thousand male asses? Really? And this is the great rebuttal to the Biblical definition of marriage? That people used to have more than one partner of the opposite sex? Not that many of them had God-ordained gay relationships?

Yeah. You iz a smart one, ain't ya?

Listen fuckface, I don't rely on the Biblical argument to explain why I don't approve of gay marriage. I don't buy into the "liberal/conservative" zeitgeist people tout when it comes to interpretations of the Bible, because most of them ring hollow. Like some people are trying to make the Bible, Jesus, the God in the Bible, the stories, the birth of mankind, all seem less intimidating. People think Jesus came like a temporary substitute teacher for a third grade class while the teacher is on maternity leave. Christians aren't sinning because they rebuke attempts by the gay community to make society accept them. The Bible implores them to do so, but love the sinner. If people are going to let their sin -- regardless what it is -- define who they are, and ergo, therefore define who is their friend and who is their enemy, oh well. Nothing anybody can do about it. But don't sit there and try to pervert their holy book as a preemptive attack on their cause. Just admit you don't care if you're living in sin, and go on about your business.

That lady's article seemed like a desperate attempt to provide Biblical approval to a group of people who really couldn't give a fuck about religion, the Bible, or the people who follow both...unless they support their cause.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. KittenKoder

KittenKoder Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    OP: This doesn't surprise me, people will always try to justify being evil by using their religion, thus why most bibles are written in ways they can be 'interpreted' to both ends. Anti-gay marriage is not anti-traditional as they think. Traditional marriage has no legal rights, so modern marriage is anti-traditional marriage more so than anything.

6. ABikerSailor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,457
    So......ya want me to blow you? Okay.....I charge a dollar an inch. Ya got a nickel?

Put the fucking thing in my hand and I'll give you a tour of Amarillo you'll NEVER forget. Hell......might even take the fucking thing away from you, you're too stupid to be allowed to breed.

What I'm saying is that assholes like you try to pigeon hole God into your own little comfortable box.

Don't work that way motherfucker.

7. chrismac

chrismac Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Yeah, I got a nickel. And I bet the fucker is smarter than you.

"Pigeon hole God into our little comfortable box"? What in the gently caress is your bitch ass talking about? That's the point of monotheistic religion -- faith in an idea of the nature of God. Yeah, assholes like me...

Maybe you meant to say "you're an asshole because you hate to corn hole". Yeah, sorry. Guilty as charged. Guess you gotta find another road to hoe. Then again, you probably enjoy that.

8. ABikerSailor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,457
    So.....you're saying that your dick is smarter than me, which means that you think with your cock. No wonder you asked me to blow you.

BTW......take your mistletoe and shove it up your ass.

Interestingly enough, since I've been on these boards, I've noticed that it generally takes someone to go from newbie to full blown stupid in at least 50 posts. Congratulations.....you've managed to do it in single digits.

BTW Everyone, I think ChrisMac should be known as Shit Sack (or Shit Sac) from now on. He thinks he's got balls, but it's pure crap.

Welcome to USMB prick.

9. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    so two people of the same gender getting married will affect you how?

10. ABikerSailor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,457
    Well, Del, it's going to affect him because he's going to be thinking that the gays are going to sneak into his house and re-decorate and make up his wife while he's sleeping.

Just another example of homophobia.

Wouldn't be surprised if the little shit is only 15. How old ARE you Shit Sac?