Opinions about the Death Penalty

Plus- when anyone advocates for killing ANYONE else.. the person doing the killing is no longer innocent. They are a killer.
So what? You are welcome to hold whatever opinion you feel appropriate. As am I.

So then I can call anyone on here a premeditated murderer, who supports the death penalty, and call for them to be executed, as well!!!

I wont, because it would probably be something like trolling, and a waste of bandwidth.... but the point has been made, at least.

It figures we suddenly try and interject the old abortion/death penalty arguments.... let's just say there is a difference between killing an innocent and helpless life and executing a maniacal murderer

Hell... I say EXPAND the death penalty to not just include murderers, but also child molesters... though one could argue that many times they receive a death sentence anyway, with the jailhouse justice that many times takes place with inmates killing child molesters

I fully support the death penalty but for any sentence of death I believe it bust be accompanied by conclusive proof along the lines of DNA, video evidence, irrefutable confession, or other definite verifiable scientific evidence... a sane society eliminates it's maniacal murderers

We eliminate them from society.. I just don't think that eliminating them from Life and the World is the answer.

Eye for an Eye is just antiquated, and immoral. If we really lived by the law of Hammurabi, we would have some very serious problems with our society.

PS- The death penalty does nothing to prevent murders or mass murders, maniacs, molesters, or otherwise, so what is the point to having it around, anyways?

Plus- when anyone advocates for killing ANYONE else.. the person doing the killing is no longer innocent. They are a killer.

Is 'not innocent' to be taken in the legal sense here? Are you a 'killer' if it is self defense or is it only the killing of innocent 'ANYONE's' that makes one no longer innocent and a killer? Why there just MUST be exceptions to this rule where one shouldn't be condemned as a guilty killer for killing an innocent ANYONE. If only I could find such an exception somewhere around here......

Last edited:
It figures we suddenly try and interject the old abortion/death penalty arguments.... let's just say there is a difference between killing an innocent and helpless life and executing a maniacal murderer

Hell... I say EXPAND the death penalty to not just include murderers, but also child molesters... though one could argue that many times they receive a death sentence anyway, with the jailhouse justice that many times takes place with inmates killing child molesters

I fully support the death penalty but for any sentence of death I believe it bust be accompanied by conclusive proof along the lines of DNA, video evidence, irrefutable confession, or other definite verifiable scientific evidence... a sane society eliminates it's maniacal murderers

We eliminate them from society.. I just don't think that eliminating them from Life and the World is the answer.

Eye for an Eye is just antiquated, and immoral. If we really lived by the law of Hammurabi, we would have some very serious problems with our society.

PS- The death penalty does nothing to prevent murders or mass murders, maniacs, molesters, or otherwise, so what is the point to having it around, anyways?

It doesn't?

Hmm. Let's fast forward a bit..

Let's say the Murderer served his time for 5 years.

He comes out of Jail, and is still the same freak bastard who killed a young teenage daughter, he decides to continue committing crimes thinking he wont get caught..

Next thing you know he just killed another Young innocent life.

We could have had the chance to get this worthless criminal off the streets once and for all.. but nope.

What would you say to him?

I wouldn't say anything.

I would look down at the table and I would hold up two 8 X 10 pictures of my daughter (one when she was a toddler and one when she was a teenager) so that he couldn't help but look at them.

In this case, do you agree or disagree with the death penalty and why?

Yes. I agree with the death penalty.

Are you opposed to the death penalty under any circumstances?

No...although I would feel uneasy if it was used in cases of shoplifting, speeding, or property zoning infractions.

And what benefit is there to leaving them alive? What contributions do they make for the expense of keeping them in jail, providing them education, providing them medical care???

What is immoral are the acts they did to get in that situation... It is not immoral to eliminate maniacal murders from the face of the earth

Prison don't seem to deter pesky murderers... Why keep that then also?? Hell.. just let 'em all get touchy feely counseling :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back