OPINION Video: Debunking The Most Common Myths White People Tell About Race

I don't know where the perspective that a white person can't learn anything from a person of color comment is directed. It's certainly a ridiculous idea and one I would think only the most ardent white supremacist types might believe.
It's based on my observation of the responses here on US Message Board of the more hateful members who post here and cannot comment without a plethora of demeaning and denigrating insults quite often of a racist nature.
In other words, the people who tend to side with you....

How dare white people put up a self defense against disgusting racist creatures like Robin.

Stump stupid.

You know, that is one of the things that kept me from being a bigoted idiot, or possibly even a racist.

If I automatically assume that someone has nothing to teach me based on the color of their skin, or their background, there is a lot of valuable information that I might miss because of my bias. A black dude was my roomie in "A" school in the Navy, and he's the one that helped me pass the course. If I had been biased against blacks (I'm white), Spence would have never been able to help me get through school.

Same thing when I went overseas. I would look at the visits to other countries as an opportunity that I would never get again, and so took full advantage where I could by using a phrase book to speak the local language and get the information as to where the best places to eat were, what some of the local history was, stuff like that. Meanwhile, a lot of my shipmates were using the big eyes (large binoculars on the bridge wings) to find KFC, Pizza Hut, and Burger King, and missed out on some really fantastic local chow.

The more biased you are against others on their appearance, the less knowledge and useful information you are able to learn from others.
It's a good post as far as it goes, but you stopped short of getting it exactly right.
As I have said for years and ever since arriving here [this forum] minorities are not the problem, white liberals are, minorities are just the shield they employ. The sooner American whites realize that/this the sooner we can exorcise it/them and get back to being one country again.
Minorities are a white liberals lifeboat, they will never willingly disembark.

White racists are the problem.

My spelling and punctuation are just fine. You logic is the problem. I am not going to take any test.

Who could make this up? "You logic" is the problem with your spelling and punctuation! :D

And I am shocked...SHOCKED I SAY that you are afraid of a test on your racism.

You're quite the joke. Making a fool out of yourself on a political message board is how you get your rocks off?

Your behavior must be an embarrassment even to the major race baiters you follow.

Grow up, you just look foolish baiting everyone and accusing them of being racist while you're the worst racist on the block. You must be so proud!

Don't expect me to rise to your bait and reply to you, I'm not one of your guppies.

Last edited:
My spelling and punctuation are just fine. You logic is the problem. I am not going to take any test.

Who could make this up? "You logic" is the problem with your spelling and punctuation! :D

And I am shocked...SHOCKED I SAY that you are afraid of a test on your racism.

You're quite the joke. Making a fool out of yourself on a political message board is how you get your rocks off? Your behavior must be an embarrassment even to the major race baiters you follow.

Actually it's my lack of editing but you want to find anything you can because your argument cannot win. Seems you can't post this part of what I said.

Race ('Black - White' IAT). This IAT requires the ability to distinguish faces of European and African origin. It indicates that most Americans have an automatic preference for white over black.

Select a Test

I do my best to try to understand as much as humanly possible the things that interest or affect me. I understand that the resistance is a defense mechanism but the perspective that there is nothing of value that a white person would learn from a person of color is baffling. Surprisingly, when it comes to the topic of race, the information doesn't seem to be any more well received when coming from another white person.

Author Robin DiAngelo: Debunking the most common myths white people tell about race
I absolutely believe in Manifest Destiny. Hope that doesn't offend you too much.

I believe we are PAYING for our sins because we've allowed the Turd Worlders into this country and too many have decided to treat these backward cultures as equals.

America has not yet began to pay for it's sins. But the time is coming,
Spoken like a political chump.

Yes that's what you are.

1460298_749494205145399_2534742077442579058_n.jpg

I absolutely believe in Manifest Destiny. Hope that doesn't offend you too much.

I believe we are PAYING for our sins because we've allowed the Turd Worlders into this country and too many have decided to treat these backward cultures as equals.

Yes that's what you are.
And you won't even demand reparations from the party of slavery? Because you're a political chump.

Why should anyone take you seriously, and not consider you to be a political chump, if you don't go after the party of slavery?

WTF?

Because slavery was he mother fucking law of the land for 188 years before democrats existed. A republican president ended reconstruction.

spacer.gif

events_election_pict.gif

In 1876, the two major candidates running for President were Rutherford B. Hayes, a Republican, and Samuel J. Tilden, a Democrat. The first returns indicated a victory for Tilden, who had won the popular vote with 4,284,020 votes to Hayes' 4,036,572. But Tilden's 184 electoral votes -- the votes that would decide the Presidency -- were still one short of a majority, while Hayes' 165 electoral votes left him 20 ballots away. The votes of three Southern states and one western state still had not been counted. The 20 electoral votes remaining in dispute were one from Oregon and 19 from the three Southern states that still retained Republican-controlled electoral boards -- Florida (4), Louisiana (8), and South Carolina (7). What
events_election_pict2.gif
complicated the matter was that Democrats in these states had won the state elections, mostly by violence and fraud. Both parties claimed victory. The Republicans, who still held a majority on the electoral boards that would certify the election results, claimed that Hayes was elected because the Democrats' used fraud, violence, and intimidation in the Southern states. They "threw out" enough Democratic votes for Hayes to win in all three states. The Democrats submitted their own list for Tilden. In Oregon, Hayes had clearly won but the Democratic governor had managed to confuse things by sending one elector in Tilden's favor. The conflict raged because the Constitution did not provide for a way of resolving the dispute.

The Electoral College controversy would drag on for months, not reaching resolution until almost the eve of the scheduled inauguration on March 5, 1877. To break the deadlock, Congress appointed an Electoral Commission, made up of five Senators, five members of the House of Representatives, and five Supreme Court justices. Congress originally hoped to have seven
events_election_quote.gif
Republican members of the Commission, seven Democrats, and one independent. As it turned out, however, the actual membership turned out to consist of eight Republicans and seven Democrats. The Commission voted along straight party lines 8 to 7 to accept all of Hayes' electoral votes and reject the Democrat's claims. The night before President Grant's term expired, the Senate announced Hayes had been elected President. The deadlock was broken behind closed doors when Southern Democrats agreed to support Hayes' claim for the Presidency if he would support increased funding for Southern internal improvements and agree to end Reconstruction, thus guaranteeing home rule -- meaning white control -- in the South. Hayes became President and the Southern Democrats could reverse with impunity the gains that blacks had made during Reconstruction.

-- Richard Wormser

That's what republicans did. They ended reconstruction.

The Rise and Fall of Jim Crow . Jim Crow Stories . Hayes-Tilden Election | PBS

I do my best to try to understand as much as humanly possible the things that interest or affect me. I understand that the resistance is a defense mechanism but the perspective that there is nothing of value that a white person would learn from a person of color is baffling. Surprisingly, when it comes to the topic of race, the information doesn't seem to be any more well received when coming from another white person.

Author Robin DiAngelo: Debunking the most common myths white people tell about race

Yes that's what you are.

View attachment 221685

When did X say that?

Last week? During the Obama presidency?

Because if he spoke those words recently I'm damn sure going to listen because he rose from the dead to say it. Therefore he has some insight about the current democratic party that needs to be seriously considered.

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Yes indeed. One of our "sins" is not having taught you spelling and punctuation. Skip those classes?

Here, take this and post the results for us.

Statically, only about seventeen percent of white Americans have little or no automatic preference to whites or blacks. Only twelve percent show a slight to strong preference of blacks to whites. This is part of the results and explained at the test. It is free and you can choose to register or not. It’s fun, but I have also seen people go off the handle which is why it comes with a warning.

It’s NATURAL to discriminate and be prejudiced; almost exclusively we all grew up with people like very much like ourselves. It is natural to trust those people more than people who are not like us. Obviously, we also pick up racist attitudes and beliefs from our parents too. We discriminate and use prejudice every day. There is nothing wrong with those feelings. It is what we learn and what is in someone’s heart, and what we DO with those feelings that matters.

If you are curious about yourself, take this test. The test does NOT use questions, which you could answer the way you THINK you should. Actually, it is fun. You can chose from a number of different tests but they only take about 15 minutes.

This web site presents a method that demonstrates the conscious-unconscious divergences much more convincingly than has been possible with previous methods. This new method is called the Implicit Association Test or IAT for short.

WARNING!

It does carry this disclaimer:

I am aware of the possibility of encountering interpretations of my IAT test performance with which I may not agree. Knowing this, I wish to proceed.

Project Implicit

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/
I posted a link to this test as well, several months ago. It was no more well received than anything else I/we post.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Yes that's what you are.

View attachment 221685

When did X say that?

Because if he spoke those words recently I'm damn sure going to listen because he rose from the dead to say it. Therefore he has some insight about the current democratic party that needs to be seriously considered.

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

It's still the same party of slavery.

Yes that's what you are.

View attachment 221685

When did X say that?

You deny he spoke those words and I didn't create it ya loon... Democrat Black leadership sold you Out and still do because you are a Chump. Who politically controls the most oppressed Black neighborhoods and have since the 60's. Liberal Democrats .. prove me wrong.

mmm. lets try this Chumpy ..

I’ll have those n*ggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years –U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson to two governors on Air Force One according to Ronald Kessler’s “Inside the White House”

Malcolm X was a controversial figure during the civil rights era. If Malcolm X were alive today he would have been disappointed with the African-Americans and others who overwhelmingly vote for the Democrat party. Why? Because Malcolm X often spoke out against the American establishment, in particular, the Democratic Party for their involvement in the destruction of the African-American community and how they are used as “tools” for political power over their Republican rivals. There is no doubt that he would have continued to expose the hypocrisy of the Democratic Party and the Republican Party and how they have failed the African-American community for decades.

Malcolm X was not a Republican and he certainly was not a Democrat as he once said “We won’t organize any black man to be a Democrat or a Republican because both of them have sold us out. Both of them have sold us out; both parties have sold us out. Both parties are racist, and the Democratic Party is more racist than the Republican Party.” Before and even after the Civil Rights Act was established in 1964 under the leadership of Martin Luther King Jr. and the well-known racist President Lyndon B. Johnson, racism in America was still at an all-time high.

You should comprehend it all.. one of many (slave minded) Chumpy Black Guys

(this is where you usually run away) ... :lol:

https://www.globalresearch.ca/what-did-malcolm-x-really-think-about-the-democratic-party/5576198

Last edited:
White liberals are with the black racists.
White liberals are the problem, to view it any other way is to provide them with the cover they need to continue holding power in America.
They are the problem because their lunacy is amplified by anti-white racists like Asclepias and IM2 and Paul.

Any retaliatory action against white liberals would be countered by non-white racists who supposedly aren’t the problem.

Let go of your white guilt and wake the fuck up to the demographics of this country. White liberals are a minuscule and pathetic minority in this country.

Yes indeed. One of our "sins" is not having taught you spelling and punctuation. Skip those classes?

Here, take this and post the results for us.

Statically, only about seventeen percent of white Americans have little or no automatic preference to whites or blacks. Only twelve percent show a slight to strong preference of blacks to whites. This is part of the results and explained at the test. It is free and you can choose to register or not. It’s fun, but I have also seen people go off the handle which is why it comes with a warning.

It’s NATURAL to discriminate and be prejudiced; almost exclusively we all grew up with people like very much like ourselves. It is natural to trust those people more than people who are not like us. Obviously, we also pick up racist attitudes and beliefs from our parents too. We discriminate and use prejudice every day. There is nothing wrong with those feelings. It is what we learn and what is in someone’s heart, and what we DO with those feelings that matters.

If you are curious about yourself, take this test. The test does NOT use questions, which you could answer the way you THINK you should. Actually, it is fun. You can chose from a number of different tests but they only take about 15 minutes.

This web site presents a method that demonstrates the conscious-unconscious divergences much more convincingly than has been possible with previous methods. This new method is called the Implicit Association Test or IAT for short.

WARNING!

It does carry this disclaimer:

I am aware of the possibility of encountering interpretations of my IAT test performance with which I may not agree. Knowing this, I wish to proceed.

Project Implicit

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/
I posted a link to this test as well, several months ago. It was no more well received than anything else I/we post.

I was told about it decades ago when race was the only test. I taught real estate law, along with a number of other real estate courses and seminars. I would mention it when we were discussing the segment of law on Fair Housing and Diversity. I had some folks get furious with the results.

The Most Common Myths White People Tell About Race

The OP starts from a false premise. I don't tell any myths about race. I don't actually think about race. None of they people I know or work with think about race. If they do, they aren't saying anything about it to me.

Where are all these racial conversations taking place except on the Internet?

Well it offends me.

I just give up and that's it. I give up on "race relations" or whatever it is that was trying to be achieved by MLK and the Civil Rights Movement.

I give up. There are too few good people who really want it. Most people just have an agenda, an ulterior motive that involves their power and your ultimate destruction. On BOTH sides.

I have to wait for Heaven. As in so many things.

New Topics

Forum List

Back