OPINION Video: Debunking The Most Common Myths White People Tell About Race

Obama turned around one of the worst economic situations in American history.

C-nWKd-VYAAAst2.jpg

main-qimg-b417eda268d0abb0f0e33141217447fc

What are you calling out?

th

Successful-Presidency.jpg

704ee534eeb83d7551923ebbde26f47b.jpg

Considering the FACTS, this was no mickey mouse job. Therefore why the t-shirt?

Racism.

Victim? That would be you. You pass off your failures on blacks. Just like you falsely blame Obama while giving Trump credit for doing nothing but riding what Obama created. But don't worry we are about to see what Trumps policies will do.

This is the race and racism section. Race will be an issue in this section. So just stop crying because whites don't get to blast blacks freely anymore.

You are ridiculous. So because you believe Obama did a good job as president, everyone else must believe the same. If someone does not, the only reason must be racism.

Now, if you think that HereWeGoAgain is racist based on other posts, that's something different. But if you are saying someone cannot believe Obama was a bad president unless they are a racist, you are simply expecting racism and deciding it is there regardless of the evidence.

I say here we go is racist because of racism he displayed long before this t-shirt shit. You made a ridiculous assumption. Now as you are white you have not seen all the different ways racism manifests itself. But you want to argue how things cannot be so based on your lack of knowledge. No one expects racism. And you saying that was so fucking insulting but you can't help it.

"Because most whites have not been trained to think with complexity about racism, and because it benefits white dominance not to do so, we have a very limited understanding of it (Kumashiro, 2009; LaDuke, 2009). We are the least likely to see, comprehend, or be invested in validating people of color’s assertions of racism and being honest about their consequences (King, 1991). At the same time, because of white social, economic, and political power within a white dominant culture, whites are the group in the position to legitimize people of color’s assertions of racism.Being in this position engenders a form of racial arrogance, and in this racial arrogance, whites have little compunction about debating the knowledge of people who have thought deeply about race through research, study, peer-reviewed scholarship, deep and on-going critical self-reflection, interracial relationships, and lived experience (Chinnery, 2008). This expertise is often trivialized and countered with simplistic platitudes, such as “people just need to see each other as individuals” or “see each other as humans” or “take personal responsibility.”

White lack of racial humility often leads to declarations of disagreement when in fact the problem is that we do not understand. Whites generally feel free to dismiss informed perspectives rather than have the humility to acknowledge that they are unfamiliar, reflect on them further, seek more information, or sustain a dialogue (DiAngelo & Sensoy, 2009)."

Dr. Robin DiAngelo

1. I said that if your claim of racism on HereWeGoAgain's part is based on past interaction, that is a different thing. What you posted here did not indicate that
2. I never said anything about how "things cannot be so." What I did was ask you to explain how a shirt showing Obama with Mickey Mouse ears is racist, and point out that if you cannot explain it, it would indicate that you are seeing racism without evidence of it
3. You assume you know my race
4. You have claimed that the shirt is "plainly racist," but have yet to explain why that is. You have indicated that because you believe Obama's presidency was a good one, that anyone who believes otherwise must hold that belief because of racism. If you want ridiculous assumptions, look to your own posts.

No I will look at yours. Because the racism on that t-shirt is self explanatory. And like I said, when you look at the facts of the Obama presidency, you see he did a great job not a mickey mouse job no matter if you disagree. So as you look at the facts there is only one reason to conclude Obamas presidency was mickey mouse while praising Trump for doing nothing. Racism. Now that's what I said and it is based upon the facts of his presidency not what I just chose to think.

It's funny how you say the racism of the shirt is self-explanatory, yet you cannot explain it. ;)

Again, disagreements about policy or political ideology do not equal racism. Someone who supports Trump and did not support Obama is not automatically racist. That is your own inability to look at anything without assuming it involves racism.

For shits and giggles, how about we look at some facts about Obama's presidency. During Obama's presidency, the US remained at war in Iraq for years, despite getting troops out of Iraq being one of Obama's campaign issues. During Obama's presidency, various aspects of the Patriot Act, such as roving wiretaps, were renewed. During Obama's presidency, the US remained at war in Afghanistan. During Obama's presidency, the US dropped tens of thousands of bombs in Iraq and Syria. During Obama's presidency, the ACA was passed, with the horrible individual mandate. During Obama's presidency, the national debt almost doubled from approximately $10 trillion to $19.5 trillion.

Those are not all solely due to Obama, but each of them are things I consider bad governance, and none has a thing to do with anyone's race. Clearly there are things that can be pointed to about Obama's administration, or any presidential administration, which might be considered bad. That you look at the facts and see Obama's presidency as a success does not make it anything other than your opinion; whether a presidency is a success is subjective.

To look at it another way, do you think that someone who describes Trump's presidency as terrible is doing so because they are racist?

I really don't think you want to talk about the Obama presidency. Your post in that regard is very shallow and lacks real recognition to everything that happened during his presidency that allowed me to come to the conclusion I did. In these places whites always try making totally stupid comments to dismiss why we see things as racist. All you want to do is lecture me about how things I claim can't be racist from the perspective of a white person who has not ever faced a second of racism to know how it starts or how many ways it is done.

So I am going to post this again and I hope you read it and then ask yourself these questions:

How much real thought have you ever given the issue of race/racism?

How much introspection have to done yourself on your real thoughts about race/racism?

How much complex study and research have you ever done on the issues of race/ racism?

I'm not asking you to give me any answers. I am asking that you begin thinking before you decide to argue about how something is not racist in your opinion as a white person.

"Because most whites have not been trained to think with complexity about racism, and because it benefits white dominance not to do so, we have a very limited understanding of it (Kumashiro, 2009; LaDuke, 2009). We are the least likely to see, comprehend, or be invested in validating people of color’s assertions of racism and being honest about their consequences (King, 1991). At the same time, because of white social, economic, and political power within a white dominant culture, whites are the group in the position to legitimize people of color’s assertions of racism.Being in this position engenders a form of racial arrogance, and in this racial arrogance, whites have little compunction about debating the knowledge of people who have thought deeply about race through research, study, peer-reviewed scholarship, deep and on-going critical self-reflection, interracial relationships, and lived experience (Chinnery, 2008). This expertise is often trivialized and countered with simplistic platitudes, such as “people just need to see each other as individuals” or “see each other as humans” or “take personal responsibility.”

White lack of racial humility often leads to declarations of disagreement when in fact the problem is that we do not understand. Whites generally feel free to dismiss informed perspectives rather than have the humility to acknowledge that they are unfamiliar, reflect on them further, seek more information, or sustain a dialogue (DiAngelo & Sensoy, 2009)."

You are ridiculous. So because you believe Obama did a good job as president, everyone else must believe the same. If someone does not, the only reason must be racism.

Now, if you think that HereWeGoAgain is racist based on other posts, that's something different. But if you are saying someone cannot believe Obama was a bad president unless they are a racist, you are simply expecting racism and deciding it is there regardless of the evidence.

I say here we go is racist because of racism he displayed long before this t-shirt shit. You made a ridiculous assumption. Now as you are white you have not seen all the different ways racism manifests itself. But you want to argue how things cannot be so based on your lack of knowledge. No one expects racism. And you saying that was so fucking insulting but you can't help it.

Dr. Robin DiAngelo

1. I said that if your claim of racism on HereWeGoAgain's part is based on past interaction, that is a different thing. What you posted here did not indicate that
2. I never said anything about how "things cannot be so." What I did was ask you to explain how a shirt showing Obama with Mickey Mouse ears is racist, and point out that if you cannot explain it, it would indicate that you are seeing racism without evidence of it
3. You assume you know my race
4. You have claimed that the shirt is "plainly racist," but have yet to explain why that is. You have indicated that because you believe Obama's presidency was a good one, that anyone who believes otherwise must hold that belief because of racism. If you want ridiculous assumptions, look to your own posts.

No I will look at yours. Because the racism on that t-shirt is self explanatory. And like I said, when you look at the facts of the Obama presidency, you see he did a great job not a mickey mouse job no matter if you disagree. So as you look at the facts there is only one reason to conclude Obamas presidency was mickey mouse while praising Trump for doing nothing. Racism. Now that's what I said and it is based upon the facts of his presidency not what I just chose to think.

It's funny how you say the racism of the shirt is self-explanatory, yet you cannot explain it. ;)

Again, disagreements about policy or political ideology do not equal racism. Someone who supports Trump and did not support Obama is not automatically racist. That is your own inability to look at anything without assuming it involves racism.

For shits and giggles, how about we look at some facts about Obama's presidency. During Obama's presidency, the US remained at war in Iraq for years, despite getting troops out of Iraq being one of Obama's campaign issues. During Obama's presidency, various aspects of the Patriot Act, such as roving wiretaps, were renewed. During Obama's presidency, the US remained at war in Afghanistan. During Obama's presidency, the US dropped tens of thousands of bombs in Iraq and Syria. During Obama's presidency, the ACA was passed, with the horrible individual mandate. During Obama's presidency, the national debt almost doubled from approximately $10 trillion to $19.5 trillion.

Those are not all solely due to Obama, but each of them are things I consider bad governance, and none has a thing to do with anyone's race. Clearly there are things that can be pointed to about Obama's administration, or any presidential administration, which might be considered bad. That you look at the facts and see Obama's presidency as a success does not make it anything other than your opinion; whether a presidency is a success is subjective.

To look at it another way, do you think that someone who describes Trump's presidency as terrible is doing so because they are racist?

I really don't think you want to talk about the Obama presidency. Your post in that regard is very shallow and lacks real recognition to everything that happened during his presidency that allowed me to come to the conclusion I did. In these places whites always try making totally stupid comments to dismiss why we see things as racist. All you want to do is lecture me about how things I claim can't be racist from the perspective of a white person who has not ever faced a second of racism to know how it starts or how many ways it is done.

So I am going to post this again and I hope you read it and then ask yourself these questions:

How much introspection have to done yourself on your real thoughts about race/racism?

How much complex study and research have you ever done on the issues of race/ racism?

I'm not asking you to give me any answers. I am asking that you begin thinking before you decide to argue about how something is not racist in your opinion as a white person.

You haven't actually explained why you see the shirt as racist yet. :lol:

Oh, sure, you've apparently decided that no one could possibly see Obama's presidency as a bad one without being racist, but you haven't really said why that is so. You've given your opinion about his presidency, but apparently dismissed the possibility that anyone could actually think the policies enacted under Obama were anything but good. I wonder if you think that's the case with blacks who think the Obama administration was a bad one? Or do you think there are no such people?

Once again, I have not said that anything can't be racist. I've pointed out that you haven't explained how the shirt is racist. Those are two very different things. You don't care about what I'm actually saying, though; you obviously prefer arguing with your own strawman creations.

Last edited:
I guess this is something that just never crossed your minds. While of course we don't know what's like to "live" as a white person, as a matter of survival and in order to navigate the predominantly white society in which we find ourselves, we had to learn about white people and white society, including how we fit into this society and some of the resentment we would face in this type of world.

By comparison, none of you have had to learn about African Americans or anything about us. It was not essential to your survival, it was not necessary in order for you to prosper in this country and apparently it's only shown up on the radar of many because some whites are starting to resent that black people are no longer complying with the "out of sight out of mind" preference that many whites had when it came to "dealing with the negroes".

You never had to "learn" how to live in a white society or navigate in one. You were born in it.

Please answer this for us all. Had there not been slavery, and presuming you were born, where would you be living today and would you be happier?

If you walk around with a giant chip on your shoulder, you will find lots of people happy to knock it off. If you don't put the chip on your shoulder, there is nothing to knock off.

I'll answer your questions.

I have given considerable thought, introspection, and complex study and research on the issue of race and racism for over 30 years.

During that time I have taught the subject of Fair Housing, Racism, and Diversity all around my state and our country. I have also written courses and seminars on the subject which have been approved for Continuing Education Credit by the Florida Real Estate Commission (FREC) and endorsed by the Florida Association of Realtors (FAR). I have also taught courses on the subject for the National Association of Realtors (NAR) from Fairbanks, AK to Key West, FL. I was also a member of both organizations speaker bureaus. During those 30 plus years, I faced hundreds of audiences, many but not all, with several participants nearly as bitter and filled with hate as you. During all that time I had one student walk out angry. It was during an exercise included in a Diversity Course written by the NAR. My reviews were never less than outstanding.

I have also take the test of which you are afraid, Project Implicit, dozens of times. No surprise, I was shown to have a slight preference for whites. In a way, it is surprising insofar as I never met a black the nine years I lived in Chicago. We moved to Miami in 1954 we moved to Miami and I met my first black. My parents hired a maid.

Your trolling, whining, bitching and moaning is really old. For a change, why don't you do good for blacks? Instead of supporting your and advocating for your beloved race-baiters, why don't you challenge them and advocating the great things available to all races and attacking the criminals that take advantage of blacks?

#TheLargerIssue #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

I really don't think you want to talk about the Obama presidency.

Hello, IM2, and my Peaceful, Responsible American or Foreign Born Neighbors.

Regarding President Obama....

Respectfully, I am curious to learn your opinion of my firm, unwavering belief that illogical thinking 'PRO BLACK' minded, 'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victim President Mr. Barack “My Brother’s Keeper” Obama and First Lady Mrs. Michelle “Girl Power” Obama WILLFULLY promoted GUN VIOLENCE, racism, bigotry, hate, as well as FEAR of black or American citizens of African descent...

...when they invited to their children's and Nation's home apparent or admitted emotionally troubled/ill/disturbed American urban story-TRUTH-tellers composing, performing and promoting American music art vividly describing the VIOLENT, SUIC*DAL, HOMIC*DAL 'people and community harming behaviors' they actively participated in, or witnessed other emotionally ill American citizens engaging in? (*May 18, 2015 - Rise in Suic*de by Black Children Surprises Researchers - The New York Times*)

Nasir 'Nas' bin Olu Dara Jones.jpg

IM2, I am referring to American urban-TRUTH-tellers and 'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victims Shawn "Jay Z" Carter and Nasir "Nas" Jones, as well as admitted emotionally ill Kendrick Lamar, to name a 'few' Obama friends and WH guests composing and promoting female demeaning American music art HATEFULLY informing our world that black or American girls and women of African descent, aka the MATERNAL HALF of our population, should be viewed as less than human *itches and treated like "hoes" or *hores unworthy of basic human respect.

IM2, do you believe President Barack Obama and his apparent star-struck "Girl Power" wife were acting in the best interests of our Nation, as well as our peaceful, responsible black or American neighbors, friends and co-workers of African descent, OR their apparent or admitted emotionally ill urban story-TRUTH-tellers friends...

...when America's First "cool" Presidential Couple actively promoted VIOLENT, FEMALE DEMEANING, HATEFUL music, as well as promoting the recording careers of their admitted or apparent emotionally ill urban-TRUTH-teller WH guests and friends who compose HATEFUL, VIOLENCE RIDDLED American music artistry?

obama_carter_mack_millis_02.jpg

IM2, one final question. Do YOU believe President Barack "My Brother's Keeper" and Mrs. Michelle "GIRL POWER" Obama were acting in the best interests of, or promoting a positive HEALTHY image of our black or American friends, neighbors, co-workers or family relatives of African descent...

...when they CHOSE to invite to their children's and Nation's home, more than a dozen apparent or admitted emotionally ill American music recording artists and urban story-TRUTH-tellers composing and promoting American music art portraying black or African American citizens, in particular teen boys and adult men...

...as depressed, angry, frustrated, violent, female hating, sometimes suic!dal, homic!dal thinking teen and adult citizens (*May 18, 2015 - Rise in Suic!de by Black Children Surprises Researchers - The New York Times*) largely lacking compassion, empathy and respect for their peaceful, as well as less fortunate neighbors?

kendrick lamar barack obama my brothers keeper.jpg
___

_Belinda Pittman-McGee Oprah Winfrey_02.jpg

YouTube search terms: "Oprah Winfrey Dancing On Table Tops, Fixing The 'Hole In Your Soul'"

Peace.
___
American *(Children)* Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; *End Our National Epidemic of Child Abuse and Neglect*; End Community Violence, Police Anxiety & Educator's Frustrations

Attachments

• OBAMA PROMOTING HATE VIOLENCE.jpg
    OBAMA PROMOTING HATE VIOLENCE.jpg
    420.2 KB · Views: 56

Forum List

Back