Opinion: Iran should stand trial for persecution of Baha'i

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I don't think any of us would want to be a Baha'i living in Iran.

IRWIN COTLER AND RENÉE MARIA TREMBLAY, SPECIAL TO MONTREAL GAZETTE, MONTREAL GAZETTE 10.29.2014

10339177.jpg

SHAREADJUSTCOMMENTPRINT
In Geneva on Friday, Oct. 31, the United Nations Human Rights Council is conducting its Universal Periodic Review (UPR) of Iran’s human rights record. After the first UPR in 2010, Iran accepted 123 of the Council’s 188 recommendations and committed to comply with the international human rights obligations to which it is bound. However, as Parliament heard Thursday from the UN Special Rapporteur for Human Rights in Iran, Ahmed Shaheed, Iran has failed miserably in adhering to its commitments. As such, in conducting its review Friday, the council should hold Iran to account for the breach of its undertakings of four years ago.

Some 34 recommendations from Iran’s last UPR concerned violations of the rights of the Baha’i religious minority, and serve as a case study of Iran’s failure to implement UPR recommendations generally. For example:

Baha’i continue to be arrested for their beliefs at an alarming pace. Since the last UPR, more than 450 have been arrested, despite Iran’s acceptance of recommendations ranging from the protection of religious freedom to the safeguarding of the rights of detainees, protection against torture, and fair trials for the Baha’i.

The constant threat of raids, arrests, detention, and imprisonment are among the main features of Iran’s persecution of the Baha’i over the last decade. This persecution has intensified since the last UPR, despite Iranian promises, and more recently, promises by President Hassan Rouhani to “end discrimination on the basis of religion.”

Continue reading at:

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/world/Opinion+Iran+should+stand+trial+persecut

I don't think any of us would want to be a Baha'i living in Iran.

IRWIN COTLER AND RENÉE MARIA TREMBLAY, SPECIAL TO MONTREAL GAZETTE, MONTREAL GAZETTE 10.29.2014

10339177.jpg

SHAREADJUSTCOMMENTPRINT
In Geneva on Friday, Oct. 31, the United Nations Human Rights Council is conducting its Universal Periodic Review (UPR) of Iran’s human rights record. After the first UPR in 2010, Iran accepted 123 of the Council’s 188 recommendations and committed to comply with the international human rights obligations to which it is bound. However, as Parliament heard Thursday from the UN Special Rapporteur for Human Rights in Iran, Ahmed Shaheed, Iran has failed miserably in adhering to its commitments. As such, in conducting its review Friday, the council should hold Iran to account for the breach of its undertakings of four years ago.

Some 34 recommendations from Iran’s last UPR concerned violations of the rights of the Baha’i religious minority, and serve as a case study of Iran’s failure to implement UPR recommendations generally. For example:

Baha’i continue to be arrested for their beliefs at an alarming pace. Since the last UPR, more than 450 have been arrested, despite Iran’s acceptance of recommendations ranging from the protection of religious freedom to the safeguarding of the rights of detainees, protection against torture, and fair trials for the Baha’i.

The constant threat of raids, arrests, detention, and imprisonment are among the main features of Iran’s persecution of the Baha’i over the last decade. This persecution has intensified since the last UPR, despite Iranian promises, and more recently, promises by President Hassan Rouhani to “end discrimination on the basis of religion.”

Continue reading at:

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/world/Opinion Iran should stand trial persecut

Someday, when the US has a real president, the country will do what it should have decades ago - remove the cancerous, fake iranian regime from power. It will them put to death large numbers of its adherents, and send the major leaders to be hanged at the Hague for Crimes Against Humanity and War Crimes. Some of those charges will include the severe oppression and murder of minority groups such as the Bahai and Azeri.

Iran before and after:

Before After

The pictures reminded me of pictures that came out of Afghanistan before the religious crazies took over there. The women were dressed just the same as Western women and were attending school taking such classes as accounting and chemistry. Now everything has changed, both in Iran and in Afghanistan.

The women were dressed just the same as Western women
Did it ever occur to you that muslim women don't want to dress like your western hoochie mama ass?? ...... :cool:

And for those that refuse to wear veils or other signs of Islamic female oppression? What happens to them?

They get called whores, beaten up, have acid thrown in their faces, put in jail, tortured, shot, and lashed publicly by Islamic animals like you.

And for those that refuse to wear veils or other signs of Islamic female attire? What happens to them?
Why would they refuse?? ....... :cool:

Most Muslim women do not like wearing those signs of oppression and chauvinism. They prefer to be free and express themselves in their own individuality as opposed to being the "property" of some Muslim male pig like you. They like wearing whatever they feel like, and going shopping and buying designer clothes that highlights their beauty. That's why many of them, when they come to Western countries as tourists, throw their Islamic garb away and dress like everybody else does. until they head back.

Maybe to a Mooooslem pig like you, a woman wearing nice jeans or a colorful top and bottom skirt, makes her a whore that deserves to be beaten up if not raped.

And for those that refuse to wear veils or other signs of Islamic female attire? What happens to them?
Why would they refuse?? ....... :cool:

Most Muslim women do not like wearing those signs of oppression and chauvinism. They prefer to be free and express themselves in their own individuality as opposed to being the "property" of some Muslim male pig like you. They like wearing whatever they feel like, and going shopping and buying designer clothes that highlights their beauty. That's why many of them, when they come to Western countries as tourists, throw their Islamic garb away and dress like everybody else does. until they head back.

Maybe to a Mooooslem pig like you, a woman wearing nice jeans or a colorful top and bottom skirt, makes her a whore that deserves to be beaten up if not raped.

If Mr. Cuckoo was actually able to get out of his room, he could take a trip to England and then buy a ticket to Saudi Arabia. He will observe the Saudi women, as my husband used to, go into the restroom when the plane was approaching the Saudi airport and change into their burkas from their chic Western clothing. They must have had some fun shopping trips in London with all the money available to them.

Forum List

Back