OPINION: Being black means constantly rendering yourself unthreatening to white people

if it was wrong to give whites preference over 5 decades ago it is wrong to give racial preference to minorities now

In all honestly, didn't white people have preference for far more than 5 decades in the history of America?

And does minorities being given equal access by law, really equate to preferential treatment? Or is the concept of true equalization being misconstrued as "preferential treatment" and anti white discrimination?

How can white people that are less than 70 years old have had preferential treatment for over 5 decades? Not too many of the over 70 crowd is left and those that are still alive just might have earned their successes or failures in life due to their own choices, effort or abilities. Same goes for whites under 70. You will not be able to prove that whites have preferential treatment now or the last 5 decades. Unequal outcome is not the same as unequal treatment.

There are racial disparities if you look at demographic data. By why is that?
Does whitey conspire to keep asians, Indians and hispanics down too? It certainly does not appear that way if you look at data.

You already understand that white women benefit from affirmative action because of their gender and not because of being white. That would be institutional sexism . Institution racism is also affirmative action.

Do you believe that when the civil rights act was signed in 1965, and the fair housing act in 1968, that all discrmination towards minorities stopped immediately?

if it was wrong to give whites preference over 5 decades ago it is wrong to give racial preference to minorities now

In all honestly, didn't white people have preference for far more than 5 decades in the history of America?

And does minorities being given equal access by law, really equate to preferential treatment? Or is the concept of true equalization being misconstrued as "preferential treatment" and anti white discrimination?

How can white people that are less than 70 years old have had preferential treatment for over 5 decades? Not too many of the over 70 crowd is left and those that are still alive just might have earned their successes or failures in life due to their own choices, effort or abilities. Same goes for whites under 70. You will not be able to prove that whites have preferential treatment now or the last 5 decades. Unequal outcome is not the same as unequal treatment.

Does whitey conspire to keep asians, Indians and hispanics down too? It certainly does not appear that way if you look at data.

You already understand that white women benefit from affirmative action because of their gender and not because of being white. That would be institutional sexism . Institution racism is also affirmative action.

Do you believe that when the civil rights act was signed in 1965, and the fair housing act in 1968, that all discrmination towards minorities stopped immediately?
It actually happened before 65, otherwise there wouldn’t be people voted in years before who supported it.

Opinion | Joy Reid: Everyday racism is the small, daily reminders that we're still not equal

Joy-Ann Reid Everyday racism in America: Being black means constantly rendering yourself unthreatening to white people
To be white in America is to assume ownership of public spaces. To be black is to live under constant threat of removal.

May.29.2018 / 8:23 PM ET / Updated May.30.2018 / 1:00 PM ET

[snipped]
Thus, being black or brown in America means living under that constant threat of removal. And yet there is really no way to render yourself unthreatening enough to prevent that 911 call. At the same time, you are expected to act grateful for being “allowed” to be here at all (see: Trump suggesting NFL players who kneel during the national anthem should "maybe" be deported). As if we had a choice.

Reversing everyday racism means somehow getting white Americans to recognize and cede this presumption of sole ownership of public spaces, and to see in each person of color an individual humanity. Thankfully, many of our fellow Americans have already embraced this ecumenical idea, as we can see from individual acts of ally-ship. Inside that now infamous Philadelphia Starbucks, for example, white patrons formed a chorus of outrage as police dragged two black men out in handcuffs for doing nothing more than sitting in a shared space.

Importantly, black and brown Americans cannot do this work for their white peers. The work of anti-racism can only take place inside each individual soul, where we all try to grow into better people. There is no national tonic or instant cure.
Does anyone else know if the rise in these incidents has anything to do with the government encouraging people to "see something say something" and then it turned into something else?
Well I know a negro biker gang leader who tried to assault me about a week ago but he could not catch me. I walk backwards really fast, thanks to basketball in middle and high school.

When the bro then asked me why I was such a coward, I explained to him that state law requires that I first withdraw, and then use my oleoresin capsicum spray on him, before I can use my baton and then shoot him.

I think he probably sh!t his draws.

So not all negroes know their place.

This one didn't.

This one time at band camp...

;rolleyes:

It actually happened before 65, otherwise there wouldn’t be people voted in years before who supported it.

No it didn't junior. We were here to see those days. Hell, your dad probably wasn't even born yet.

No it didn't junior. We were here to see those days. Hell, your dad probably wasn't even born yet.
Yes it was, idiot.

Hint: Those who voted in favor of the bill were not elected in ‘65.

Yes it was, idiot.

Hint: I was alive to see it and you were 27years away from leaving the womb. So no it did not happen and that's just the way it is.

Yes it was, idiot.

Hint: I was alive to see it and you were 27years away from leaving the womb. So no it did not happen and that's just the way it is.
So the House elections were on an odd year for the first and only time in this nation’s history?

Yes it was, idiot.

So the House elections were on an odd year for the first and only time in this nation’s history?

This was the question:

None of these things happened before 1965/1968 and they did not happen immediately.

Ya its like 100 years ago you could have your own neighborhood for free and whites wanted to be around you, now, we need laws to get whites around you, and now, progress. sincerely but slightly trolling.

Ya OK magically anti-segregationist laws caused the inevitable conquest of society level integrationists, so I pretend I talk to the fresh prince of Bel Aire every Thursday, look at me! So lets see, tell your society thralls whats next man.
Racial integration - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Forum List

Back