Operation Wetback

That "one aspect" happens to be the one routinely ignored by government, an oversight bought and paid for by the corporate sponsors of political war chests, and one that directly leads to the exploitation of undocumented workers as well as being the most compelling invitation to enter (or remain in) the country without documentation.

Then you have no problem with my approach to ending it by dealing harshly with corporations as I noted above, right?

Now what do you propose to do about the violent smugglers investing our country?

Nope. I'm all for going for the head shot.

As far as the "violent smugglers" are concerned, while I think the issue is overplayed regarding percentages of undocumented people are concerned, we already have laws on our books that cover those activities. Apply those laws. What's the problem?

I agree, and the first law they violate is being in this country illegally. We should enforce ALL the laws and that's all any of us on our side are asking for. ENFORCE THE LAW!

I'm not sure that authorizing snipers to "take out" corporate executives is really the solution to anything, but if it makes you feel better......

Then you have no problem with my approach to ending it by dealing harshly with corporations as I noted above, right?

Now what do you propose to do about the violent smugglers investing our country?

As far as the "violent smugglers" are concerned, while I think the issue is overplayed regarding percentages of undocumented people are concerned, we already have laws on our books that cover those activities. Apply those laws. What's the problem?

I agree, and the first law they violate is being in this country illegally. We should enforce ALL the laws and that's all any of us on our side are asking for. ENFORCE THE LAW!

I'm not sure that authorizing snipers to "take out" corporate executives is really the solution to anything, but if it makes you feel better......

"but if it makes you feel better...." Well, its nice to think about :lol:

We would disagree about the issue of illegal status. My problem is the exploitation. If they weren't exploitable, there would be no profit in their use. I'm an open borders proponent, and believe that if labor laws were universally applied, there would be less issue, as there would be no means to flood the labor pool with easily underpaid and abuse able workers, and therefore no profit motive in doing so. I already know you disagree, so we'll have to agree to disagree on that point.

We would disagree about the issue of illegal status. My problem is the exploitation. If they weren't exploitable, there would be no profit in their use. I'm an open borders proponent, and believe that if labor laws were universally applied, there would be less issue, as there would be no means to flood the labor pool with easily underpaid and abuse able workers, and therefore no profit motive in doing so. I already know you disagree, so we'll have to agree to disagree on that point.

You are correct. I emphatically disagree. The world is not in a state where universally applied labor regulations are even a possibility. Universal wage regulation isn't even something on the distant horizon. Wishing it were different doesn't change the reality that we must deal with for the foreseeable future and beyond.

I have no problem dealing harshly with business and making them do their part as long as it doesn't represent an impossible burden for them to do so. E-Verify makes it possible for business to do their part and leaves them with no legitimate excuse not to.

Put in a more "labor" centric view. It is government's responsibility both to citizen workers in America legally and to workers located elsewhere (maybe eyeing opportunities in the US) to enforce the border. If a contraband labor force arrives in the US and employers use that force, it creates significant economic dislocations on the indigenous work force current in the US and causes wages to be artificially depressed. (labor shortages increase wages. Labor gluts, decrease wages). It is unfair to, what you would call "undocumented workers" to be allowed to be part of a contraband work force and be taken advantage of by business. Government does them no favors by turning a blind eye. They are only helping corporations that use this illegal labor, not the people doing the labor. And, it's unfair to the legal laborer, who now makes less as a result of this labor glut.

You are correct. I emphatically disagree. The world is not in a state where universally applied labor regulations are even a possibility. Universal wage regulation isn't even something on the distant horizon. Wishing it were different doesn't change the reality that we must deal with for the foreseeable future and beyond.

I have no problem dealing harshly with business and making them do their part as long as it doesn't represent an impossible burden for them to do so. E-Verify makes it possible for business to do their part and leaves them with no legitimate excuse not to.

Put in a more "labor" centric view. It is government's responsibility both to citizen workers in America legally and to workers located elsewhere (maybe eyeing opportunities in the US) to enforce the border. If a contraband labor force arrives in the US and employers use that force, it creates significant economic dislocations on the indigenous work force current in the US and causes wages to be artificially depressed. (labor shortages increase wages. Labor gluts, decrease wages). It is unfair to, what you would call "undocumented workers" to be allowed to be part of a contraband work force and be taken advantage of by business. Government does them no favors by turning a blind eye. They are only helping corporations that use this illegal labor, not the people doing the labor. And, it's unfair to the legal laborer, who now makes less as a result of this labor glut.

You make good points. I'm off to sleep for the graveyard shift, but you have a good day.

Orrrrrrrrrrrr. They could bring back Operation Porch Monkey and your corporate masters could save billions in salaries and benefits just like your Floundering Fathers did..

Maybe Frank could come back and explain to us why he's such a moron. Or maybe he can explain the 13 million number for Operation Wetback. You know, there's being wrong, and then there's just plain trying to rewrite history. After all, when your numbers are off by over 90%, probably time to reexamine what the hell you're doing.

I don't know about nor do i give a rats ass about the numbers. Enforce the law. One at a time or by the busload. Deportation can work.

I care when people try to rewrite history, you should too. 400,000 or so deported and 13 million deported is a big difference.

Wow. The forwarded email was not perfectly accurate. Wow.

That negates the entire concept of repatriating the Illegals.

I feel such shame

So, how's all that cheap labor working out for California?

Maybe Frank could come back and explain to us why he's such a moron. Or maybe he can explain the 13 million number for Operation Wetback. You know, there's being wrong, and then there's just plain trying to rewrite history. After all, when your numbers are off by over 90%, probably time to reexamine what the hell you're doing.

Maybe they meant 1.3 million. Obviously the misspoke and/or didn't get much sleep in the past 48 hours.

I'll bet the writer can tell us how many state there are in the USA

I feel such shame

Look who finally decided to show back up after I came calling!

Actually, it was completely inaccurate. Not just "not perfectly accurate".

Maybe they meant 1.3 million. Obviously the misspoke and/or didn't get much sleep in the past 48 hours.

So wait. The writer wouldn't even bother to check their own facts before sending out the email to thousands of people? It's quite clear at this point that you didn't even bother to check the facts before making this thread.

Hey Frank, I'm a prince! I have this money locked away in a bank account and I need your help! If you give me all your information, I'll give you 25% of 18,000,000,000. Though maybe you'd take it as gospel if I sent it in email form?

:rofl:

I feel such shame

Look who finally decided to show back up after I came calling!

Actually, it was completely inaccurate. Not just "not perfectly accurate".

Yes I showed back up, there's this thing called "Work". I don't get paid to post here.

So wait. The writer wouldn't even bother to check their own facts before sending out the email to thousands of people? It's quite clear at this point that you didn't even bother to check the facts before making this thread.

Hey Frank, I'm a prince! I have this money locked away in a bank account and I need your help! If you give me all your information, I'll give you 25% of 18,000,000,000. Though maybe you'd take it as gospel if I sent it in email form?

:rofl:

Account Name: Dante Devnell
Address: 1313 Mockingbird Ln
Bank: Obama Bank and Trust, Mombasa Kenya
Routing Number: Ou812
Account Number: 8675309

As a Democrat who voted McCain/Palin, I think you can see that I am in an awkward postion. I believe amnesty is not the solution to immigration. I think Operation Wetback is the way to go.

We must realize that illegals and their anchor babies have moved up the ladder to better jobs and even middle management. Recently it was in the news here in L. A. that a satelite installer, a health care giver, a professional tinter of auto and home windows, and a major appliance delivery person were all deported. In our economy these are jobs a lot of Americans would be happy to have. If we get into an operation wetback alternative, we can have all those jobs back from illegals or their anchor babies.

Account Name: Dante Devnell
Address: 1313 Mockingbird Ln
Bank: Obama Bank and Trust, Mombasa Kenya
Routing Number: Ou812
Account Number: 8675309

Nice references. :thup:

So Frank, how's that birther theory working out?

Why do you keep calling Obama's grandmother a liar?

Why?

She said she witnessed his birth in Mombasa.

And how many different tacts are you going to take to derail Operation Wetback?

As a Democrat who voted McCain/Palin, I think you can see that I am in an awkward postion. I believe amnesty is not the solution to immigration. I think Operation Wetback is the way to go.

We must realize that illegals and their anchor babies have moved up the ladder to better jobs and even middle management. Recently it was in the news here in L. A. that a satelite installer, a health care giver, a professional tinter of auto and home windows, and a major appliance delivery person were all deported. In our economy these are jobs a lot of Americans would be happy to have. If we get into an operation wetback alternative, we can have all those jobs back from illegals or their anchor babies.

Wow a KoolAid free Democrat!

Take a picture to prove one still exists!

Forum List

Back