Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
AP Gives This headline:

U.S. military: 14 troops killed in Iraq

By HAMID AHMED, Associated Press Writer 24 minutes ago

Michael Yon writes a bit more, with context:

http://www.michaelyon-online.com/wp/operation-arrowhead-ripper-day-one.htm

The first day of operation Arrowhead Ripper was intense. The Army is giving full access to the battlefield, and while on base full access to the TOC (HQ) which means I see the raw truth on the ground, and as it feeds through the TOC. They are hiding nothing. Or if they are, it’s in plain view. (Special operations notwithstanding.) A reporter can see as much as he or she can stand.

Civilian casualties are occurring, despite much discretion being used on the firing. I saw three MLRS rockets hit targets downtown today (June 20) and more were fired. Watched the video feed from the TOC as some of them hit. The targeting was perfect. Our guys had cleared out the civilians, but the enemy starts shootouts using civilians as cover. American officers are trying to account for civilian casualties; media is asking and command is still unable to answer, which of course looks like a cover-up. From what I see on the ground, there is no cover-up. The number is unknown but certainly there must be some.

Michael Gordon is a NYT reporter who is in the battle. Gordon will be an important resource.

Forum List

Back