Opening Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I covered it already, from my point of view.

I guess people debate different in other parts of the country. When I did it in high school, no one read out of a book.
Now, can you please rebuttal what I said about contributors? I know I am one mean conservative and do not care about anyone, but why should I be happy some "welfare Queen" has 10 kids and gets paid for being a whore? From my money? Considering liberals want to "pussy up" everyone and make them dependent? And ALL IS OK

I'm not reading out of a book. If I understood your comment on "contributors" (which I don't pretend I do) it has something to do with someone building a truck you want to buy. By inference I suppose you are suggesting that "welfare queens" don't build trucks?

If my inference is correct, I must suggest that not all contributors are not also takers. Let's consider the working poor, those who make the burgers and greet you as you enter Wal-Mart. As PT workers they don't receive benefits, can't afford health care and likely rely on the county for food stamps and medical care.

You are very obtuse Wry. Your entire rebuttal is some ridiculous interpretation of my frugal explanations of the point I was trying to make. This feels like no other day at USMB.
The hour is up, and I see no going on about this "debate" anyways. So here is my conclusion that I had PREPARED
The greatest day in your life and mine is when we take total responsibility for our attitudes. That is the day we truly grow up. John C Maxwell

<insert summary of opinions here along with some facts if available>
If you take responsibility for yourself you will develop a hunger to accomplish your dreams Les Brown
Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else. Les Brown

Than you Wry for accepting my debate offer. I hope it was enjoyed by you, as much as it was me. You were a worthy opponent.

It is hard to debate copy/paste Wry. We might as well expand because we are not getting anywhere SMH. I was looking for liberal opinions so that a debate could actually happen

I don't understand your copy/paste comment? The only part of this thread wherein I pasted comments was in the opening remarks. Since then I have tried to follow your lead and answer you as clearly as possible.

I provided some background hours before we were to start, allowing you time for a rebuttal. I believe we as citizens have duties along with rights and we have responsibilities too - both of which I defined in the first post.

I don't have a liberal opinion on our duties and responsibilities, I have an opinion which I hope I clearly expressed.

I don't believe we owe reparations to the descendants of former slaves, that's my opinion, it's not liberal or conservative, its simply my own. Does that help you?

That list you wrote earlier about the different responsibilities, your second post? I read that earlier today when I was actually doing research. I agree with your opening post, originality and all. I also agree with the bolded. That was what 3 or 4 generations ago?

Didn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back