open wide reciever

Why was ATF Gun Walking OK during the Bush years but bad during the Obama years?

Why was ATF Gun Walking OK during the Bush years but bad during the Obama years? - Yahoo! Answers

ATF "gun-walking" began during the Bush Administration.

Assistant Attorney General Lanny Breuer became the first high-ranking official Tuesday to admit that he knew U.S. agents were letting thousands of guns sold in the U.S. fall into the hands of Mexican drug cartels.

But Breuer says the controversial “gun walking” tactics he learned about in April 2010 weren't part of “Operation Fast and Furious,” but rather a previous investigation during the Bush administration called “Wide Receiver.”

Wide Receiver was an operation during the Bush administration similar to Fast and Furious under the Obama administration where illegally purchased weapons entered Mexico instead of being stop by ATF. Under Wide Receiver, which ran from 2006 to the end of 2007, the ATF recruited a gun dealer to sell some 450 assault rifles to known straw buyers and then watched as many of those guns crossed the Mexican border

How many times do you left wing nuts have to get schooled on this?

Why was ATF Gun Walking OK during the Bush years but bad during the Obama years?

Why was ATF Gun Walking OK during the Bush years but bad during the Obama years? - Yahoo! Answers

Assistant Attorney General Lanny Breuer became the first high-ranking official Tuesday to admit that he knew U.S. agents were letting thousands of guns sold in the U.S. fall into the hands of Mexican drug cartels.

But Breuer says the controversial “gun walking” tactics he learned about in April 2010 weren't part of “Operation Fast and Furious,” but rather a previous investigation during the Bush administration called “Wide Receiver.”

Wide Receiver was an operation during the Bush administration similar to Fast and Furious under the Obama administration where illegally purchased weapons entered Mexico instead of being stop by ATF. Under Wide Receiver, which ran from 2006 to the end of 2007, the ATF recruited a gun dealer to sell some 450 assault rifles to known straw buyers and then watched as many of those guns crossed the Mexican border

As many times as it takes

Just a polite caution, folks.

You won't be able to recover your credibility ( or dignity) if you trade it for a few minutes of conspiracy theory bliss in the form of giving katzndogs a blowjob.

Trying to substantiate the claim that F&F was a gun control measure will leave you feeling very confused and guilty in the morning.

You can't school the Dem Collective

You won't be able to recover your credibility ( or dignity) if you trade it for a few minutes of conspiracy theory bliss in the form of giving katzndogs a blowjob.

Trying to substantiate the claim that F&F was a gun control measure will leave you feeling very confused and guilty in the morning.

Maybe. But why is Obama covering up for Holder?

What's your theory?

What's your theory?

Just more unanswered questions by the most nontransparent president America has ever had.

It was Never Ok. Neither is this Administration Lying to Congress and the American people to cover it up.

You guys just wont give it up. Keep trying to Blame Bush for this Mess. I don't care if Bush Started the Program. Obama and Holder have been running the Show for 3.5 Years. They don't get to pretend it's not their Fault.

It's the old "they all do it" smear.
No, Rocksinhead. They don't all do it. Bush didnt. The adults pulled the plug on the op. Just like the adults wouldn't approve loans to Solyndra.
Then Obama took office.

Don't you get it by now....it's always Bush's fault. Hell if they can pin Katrina on Bush, don't you think they can pin whatever they want on him?

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

The Theory also can not be dis-proven.

It's the old "they all do it" smear.
No, Rocksinhead. They don't all do it. Bush didnt. The adults pulled the plug on the op. Just like the adults wouldn't approve loans to Solyndra.
Then Obama took office.

Don't you get it by now....it's always Bush's fault. Hell if they can pin Katrina on Bush, don't you think they can pin whatever they want on him?

They can try, but the Polls seem to suggest people are no longer buying it.

Bush cancelled the plan because it was idiotic.

Wrong.

AG Holder canceled it.

Really? It was canceled in 2007 who was AG then? Holder? Really? By the way Wide receiver was WITH the cooperation of Mexican officials and was stopped after only 450 guns walked because the Mexicans couldn't track them.

Under Fast and Furious Holder did not even inform the Mexicans much less cooperate with them and 2000 guns were lost and ONLY stopped when it became known after the shooting.

Further the ATF delivered the list of weapons to the FBI as if they were unaware of the operation and let the FBI claim those guns walked to Mexico with out US help. In an effort to curtail gun rights.

You lefties can start as many threads with this lie as you want, every one I find I will post this same information in.

What's your theory?

I assume you mean to ask why Obama evoked executive privilege.

Answering that would require me to pull something out of my ass like all the nutters are doing in this thread. Not my style.

I'm not freaked out by this "scandal" , so I can wait for the facts to come out.

Meanwhile, I'll have some fun at you nutter's expense.

What's your theory?

Answering that would require me to pull something out of my ass like all the nutters are doing in this thread. Not my style.

I'm not freaked out by this "scandal" , so I can wait for the facts to come out.

You're having fun that there's a dead American at the end of Obama's Fast and Furious?

What's your theory?

You're having fun that there's a dead American at the end of Obama's Fast and Furious?

Yeah. That is EXACTLY what I said. You got me. Can't get anything past you.

Yeah. That is EXACTLY what I said. You got me. Can't get anything past you.

Holder Obama and the Justice Department have all claimed no knowledge of Fast and Furious. In order to invoke Executive privilege something in the requested documents must involve communications between the President and his Executive officials on the matter. How exactly does Obama make that claim if the party line is NO ONE knew about the operation?

Polk has a valid point, if Bush violated the law haul him before the court. In the mean time lets focus on today. Holder did it and Obama know about it. This admisitration can't develop enought backbone to stand up for anything.

And to think just a few months before Operation Fast and Furious was put into high gear, Hillary said this:

"Our inability to prevent weapons from being illegally smuggled across the border to arm these criminals causes the deaths of police officers, soldiers and civilians.

"I feel very strongly we have a co-responsibility."

Really Mrs. Clinton? Have you apologized to the family of the dead Border Guard to date? Has anyone at the DOJ apologized for his death?

BBC NEWS | Americas | Clinton admits US blame on drugs

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Bush cancelled the plan because it was idiotic.

Wrong.

AG Holder canceled it.

Really? It was canceled in 2007 who was AG then? Holder? Really? By the way Wide receiver was WITH the cooperation of Mexican officials and was stopped after only 450 guns walked because the Mexicans couldn't track them.

Under Fast and Furious Holder did not even inform the Mexicans much less cooperate with them and 2000 guns were lost and ONLY stopped when it became known after the shooting.

Further the ATF delivered the list of weapons to the FBI as if they were unaware of the operation and let the FBI claim those guns walked to Mexico with out US help. In an effort to curtail gun rights.

You lefties can start as many threads with this lie as you want, every one I find I will post this same information in.

Many liberals are arguing that Fast and Furious had nothing to do with curtailing gun rights.

And that's complete bs because documents were made available that proved it was part of such a plan.

From wiki:

In December, documents revealed that some ATF agents discussed using Fast and Furious to provide anecdotal cases to support controversial new gun rules. The regulation, called Demand Letter 3, would require some gun stores to report the sale of multiple rifles.

I don't think liberals even want to know the truth anymore or care. It's all about protecting their hero the big O.

Forum List

Back