Open season on illegals in AZ?

I think this is largely being overblown. It's already a federal crime to enter into this country illegally; AZ did nothing to alter that. People are worried about an ad hoc legal approach to enforcing these laws, but...there's already a ton of discretion with law enforcement (and the state and federal government, for that matter) in enforcing the law. If there wasn't, this wouldn't be an issue in the first place. But since the federal government mostly refuses to enforce the laws on the books, AZ has taken the law into their own, uh, hands.

I'm just waiting on the grand idea to fix this whole illegal immigration problem from the Left. I'm sure it's coming...some day.

Don't hold your breath, the left sees it as a huge voting block.

I may have been too quick to agree with the stereotype that illegal immigrants are more inclined to criminal behavior.

Seems I was misled by a study that counted inmates in federal prisons — including those who were there for illegal immigration.

Illegal immigration is a misdemeanor, you don't go to prison for it.
8 U.S.C. § 1325 : US Code - Section 1325: Improper entry by alien

Any alien who (1) enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers, or (2) eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers, or (3) attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact, shall, for the first commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both, and, for a subsequent commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18, or imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both.
When you gainsay my factual assertions without checking the facts, you're usually going to turn out to be wrong.

The Illegal Alien takes that chance when engaging in ILLEGAL activity! The simple answer is to GO HOME
That may be the ideal answer from our point of view, but their behavior more likely to be influenced by concerns of what is an answer for them than what is an answer for us.

Most of these people come from places where corruption is rampant and the cops are among the crooks. They come here for many reasons, economic opportunity among them. They are desperate. Making things worse here isn't going to make them want to go back where they came from, because things are worse where they came from.

Your silly example is like saying, "If a guy robs a bank in broad daylight, and somebody shoots him, then he cannot call the cops!" Stop pandering to Illegal Aliens that come here to steal JOBS from real Americans!
I don't give a crap what they deserve or don't deserve. I give a crap about the consequences of this law for the rest of us. When you bully witnesses into silence, you don't hurt the witness so much as you hurt the next victim. The only real winners are criminals. Keeping them out on the streets and free to commit more crimes is bad for all of us.

I like the idea of finding and deporting illegal aliens. I don't like the idea of making it a function of the same police force that is tasked with protecting us from murderers, rapists, thugs and thieves.

I may have been too quick to agree with the stereotype that illegal immigrants are more inclined to criminal behavior.

Seems I was misled by a study that counted inmates in federal prisons — including those who were there for illegal immigration.

8 U.S.C. § 1325 : US Code - Section 1325: Improper entry by alien

When you gainsay my factual assertions without checking the facts, you're usually going to turn out to be wrong.

The Illegal Alien takes that chance when engaging in ILLEGAL activity! The simple answer is to GO HOME
That may be the ideal answer from our point of view, but their behavior more likely to be influenced by concerns of what is an answer for them than what is an answer for us.

Most of these people come from places where corruption is rampant and the cops are among the crooks. They come here for many reasons, economic opportunity among them. They are desperate. Making things worse here isn't going to make them want to go back where they came from, because things are worse where they came from.

Your silly example is like saying, "If a guy robs a bank in broad daylight, and somebody shoots him, then he cannot call the cops!" Stop pandering to Illegal Aliens that come here to steal JOBS from real Americans!
I don't give a crap what they deserve or don't deserve. I give a crap about the consequences of this law for the rest of us. When you bully witnesses into silence, you don't hurt the witness so much as you hurt the next victim. The only real winners are criminals. Keeping them out on the streets and free to commit more crimes is bad for all of us.

I like the idea of finding and deporting illegal aliens. I don't like the idea of making it a function of the same police force that is tasked with protecting us from murderers, rapists, thugs and thieves.

Just how are you going to encourage the federal government to do their job and protect the borders? There is the rub.....they won't, so the states are forced to do it themselves.

And punishable by DEPORTATION.

Forum List

Back