Open season on illegals in AZ?

Discussion in 'Immigration/Illegal Immigration' started by blah020122, May 1, 2010.

1. blah020122

blah020122 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Under the new law, police will identify illegal immigrants, beginning a process that will lead to their deportation. This makes any interaction with the police dangerous for them, and effectively eliminates the police as a source of protection for them.

Suppose a crime, such as robbery, assault, or rape, is committed against an illegal immigrant. If the victim reports the crime to the police, he or she will be deported. By comparison, the perpetrator faces lesser consequences than the victim even if caught and convicted, which is rather unlikely after the victim and potential witnesses are deported, or prevented from coming forward by the threat of deportation.

It seems that when the new law goes into effect, we have free rein to do whatever we want to the wetbacks. Have fun. Just be careful not to target anybody who's here legally.

Word to the wetbacks: pack your bags, or pack heat. You're on your own now.

2. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Unintended consequences but your advice to leave is wise.

3. Angelhair

Angelhair Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +153
    Just DON'T come to CA! And if you do, keep going until you reach San Francisco!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. nraforlife

nraforlife Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Hmmmmm, being deported is a worse consequence than being raped or murdered. Pure BS.

5. blah020122

blah020122 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't say being deported is a worse consequence than the crime. I said it's worse than what the perpetrator is likely to face if the victim reports the crime.

Einstein never actually said that.

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  6. Amanda

Amanda Calm as a Hindu cow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,006
    I think the point was murder or rape is what 1 could face in prison, which sounds a lot worse to me than being put on a bus and driven home. YMMV.

7. Amanda

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,006
    Suppose they just don't come here if they don't like how we deal with them.

Your premise seems to suggest that there's nothing wrong with them breaking our law in the first place to enter illegally. I would have to disagree.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. SFC Ollie

SFC Ollie Still Marching

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,458
    Very unfortunate for illegals. I hadn't thought of that. I guess that's just another incentive to make them pack their bags and head south.

Via Con Dios.

9. blah020122

blah020122 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I should let nraforlife speak for himself, but if that's what he was saying, it doesn't make sense. Being murdered in prison is not a consequence that the perpetrator is likely to face. Sheriff Joe may be a hard-ass, but even so the prisons here are not Rura Penthe. 99.999% of people who are sent to prison for rape do not get murdered in prison. That's even if they go to prison, which in this case is very unlikely. Rape cases are notoriously difficult to prosecute even in the best of circumstances; when the prosecution has no witness because the victim was deported to Columbia, it's effectively impossible.

If we're talking about something like assault or robbery and the perp doesn't have a lot of strikes against him, he's likely to avoid a prison sentence altogether and be put on probation, which is definitely a lesser consequence than deportation.

Where did you get that from?

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  10. Amanda

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,006
    People are murdered and raped in prison. It happens. It is a potential consequence. I don't think that potential consequence exists on a bus ride while being transported by federal authorities. And, go ahead and cite your source if you're going to toss around statistics.

Where did you get that from?[/QUOTE]

Your OP.