Open Letter To Beto RE 2nd Amendment

I do not support violence or overthrowing the government, but I will not sit by and become a victim of tyranny be it at the hands of the government or the thugs on the street.

Yes you will, the NG will see to it or the Army who is fighting at the command of the Potus. You'd get your butt in prison.

What in the world makes you think that National Guardsmen who took an oath to uphold the Constitution will violate their oath and the constitution to further the goals of Communist punks like Beta the Dork? :lmao:

I get that you're just a Hamas fool living in squalor in Gaza, but this delusion of the American Stalinists that the army will back their overthrow on the nation is just insane.

Kent State shootings - Wikipedia

They don't want a war on US soil and they will obey the Potus. Also they are in the military.

Lifted from an email sent to me. 100% concur.

Dear Beto,

Can I call you Beto? Great.

Anyway, I wanted to take a few moments to write an open letter to you regarding some of your recent thoughts on gun control. In particular, your comments regarding mandatory buybacks.

On The View earlier this week, Meghan McCain commented that such an act would trigger violence. Her comment sparked outrage all over the internet. You, yourself, argued that McCain’s comments amounted to “It becomes self-fulfilling; you have people on TV who are almost giving you permission to be violent and saying, ‘You know this is this is going to happen.’”

Allow me to clue you in on something, Beto. There’s not a single gun owner in this country who is looking to Meghan McCain for permission to oppose the tyranny of a mandatory buyback.

McCain’s comments weren’t permission, they were a warning. It wasn’t something new, something she just pulled out of the ether in order to spark some controversy. She’s merely echoing the statements people have made for decades regarding their willingness to die for their Second Amendment rights.

By claiming its a self-fulfilling prophecy and that people like McCain are giving people permission, you’re telling on yourself. You’re telling each and every one of us that you have never bothered to listen to a damn thing any of us have said.

I didn’t even know who Meghan McCain was when I first heard someone issue the dire warning that if some form of gun confiscation were to happen, the first thing the jackboots trying to take them would get was the ammunition delivered at high velocity. The gun-rights community has warned that efforts to take away or guns would lead to civil war for years now.

You just didn’t want to listen.

We often talk about lawmakers being out of touch, and you’ve just become the poster boy for that, Beto. You are so wrapped up in your liberal bubble that you simply can’t understand that this is a thing, this is something we’ve gone on about for ages. You can’t understand it because you don’t want to understand it. In your mind, we’re all just good little drones who will do whatever Big Daddy Government wants us to do.

We’re not.

We’re the heirs of Lexington and Concord. We’re the children of Valley Forge and Bunker Hill. We’re a defiant, freedom-loving bunch that isn’t rolling over because some spoiled rich kid thinks we should.

Let me make it clear for you. If you come for our guns, we are going to fight back. We don’t look to Meghan McCain for permission to do that. She could tell us not to, and we’d still fight back.

Beto, you need to understand. You need to learn. You need to come to grasp the simple fact that we’re not like you. We don’t look at government as an unmitigated good whose lead we should always follow. We have reasons for that. It’s called the history of the 20th Century filled with countless atrocities, atrocities carried out under the umbrella of government.

Those atrocities could only be carried out because the populations were unarmed.

We’re not sheep. We will not be herded into genocide all because some well-meaning but sheltered rich boy who has never lived in a high-crime neighborhood in his life could tell us what we need and don’t need.

Meghan McCain gave no one permission for anything. Further, gun owners don’t need such a permission. Our permission was penned in 1776 and signed on July 4th.

- Tom Knighton
This is actually open ignorance of the Second Amendment; it’s as ridiculous as it is childish and false.

There is nothing in Second Amendment case law that supports the wrongheaded notion of ‘insurrectionist dogma.’

There is nothing in Second Amendment case law that authorizes a minority of citizens to ‘take up arms’ against a lawfully elected government reflecting the will of the majority of the people.

The Second Amendment doesn’t ‘trump’ the First.

It doesn’t take from the people their right to petition the government for a redress of grievances through either the political or judicial process.

It was not the intent of the Founding Generation to amend the Constitution with the means by which to destroy the Republic they had just created.

The Second Amendment codifies an individual right to possess a firearm pursuant to lawful self-defense – not to act in the capacity of ‘law enforcement,’ not to ‘deter crime,’ and not to ‘overthrow’ a just and proper government subjectively and incorrectly perceived to have become ‘tyrannical.’

O'Rourke’s advocacy for an AWB is naïve and unwarranted – such a ban would do nothing to stop mass shootings.

But O'Rourke’s advocacy for an AWB is not un-Constitutional, as the Supreme Court has never ruled on this type of ban – nor will it ‘infringe’ upon the right of the people to ‘fight tyranny,’ as no such right is recognized by the Second Amendment.

I consider government a necessary evil the less you are required to have of it the better off you are

a perfect society would be one that no government at all is required
"the less you are required"
Who sets the standard for requirement?
Government creates a standard allowing people to live in groups. Before government it was religion that set up laws and enforced them.

Beto's proposal is sweeping the nation!

he's gonna catapult into 1st place after Thursday's debate, my friends!

a lot of people are sick of mass shootings and they have spoken out.

and they blame the gun, instead of the person holding it.

stupid

Unless a cop does the shooting, then we blame the cop.

Only if he is at fault.

According to left wing idiots that is every time.

Beto's proposal is sweeping the nation!

he's gonna catapult into 1st place after Thursday's debate, my friends!

a lot of people are sick of mass shootings and they have spoken out.

and they blame the gun, instead of the person holding it.

stupid

The type of gun , yes!

the TYPE of gun?

The TYPE of gun on the chopping block has been used in less than 100 shootings since the early 80s.

The TYPE of gun on the chopping block is responsible for fewer deaths than Chicago sees annually.

BUT, the TYPE of gun on the chopping block looks scarier than the guns that are being used for the majority of killings.

So, we need to get rid of THAT TYPE of gun.

(according to idiots)

tenor.gif

Overreaching laws that enforce compliance at gunpoint are the initiators of said violence. Defense in response is fully justified.
No one cares about the paranoid fantasies of the gun nutters. Your perceived right to mount an armed insurrection against America is bullshit.

America is the people, not the government. The government is a public servant.
You say something like that when we both know you hate most of "The People".
Would you govern free men’s feelings as well?
I don't really give a shit. Get a better argument than "I need guns to resist government tyranny". Be the responsible gun owner you think you are and realize that your phantom fears are not a valid argument.
There is no argument. There is only my desire, and will as a free man.

Screeds like this saying that gun control will be met with widespread violence is at odds with the concept that gun owners are responsible enough that new laws are not needed. Threats of violence wrapped in patriotic hogwash are still threats. Keep presenting the pro gun side of this argument in these terms and you will lose.
Screeds like in the OP fail as a strawman fallacy.

No one cares about the paranoid fantasies of the gun nutters. Your perceived right to mount an armed insurrection against America is bullshit.

I don't really give a shit. Get a better argument than "I need guns to resist government tyranny". Be the responsible gun owner you think you are and realize that your phantom fears are not a valid argument.
At least you know the right's gun control arguments are all selfish.

Overreaching laws that enforce compliance at gunpoint are the initiators of said violence. Defense in response is fully justified.

Correct.

"I need guns to resist government tyranny" is also an ignorant, idiotic argument – devoid of fact and merit.

Trump is coming for you not me, because I am not a threat to his administration or the government. You leftist are.

So you admit tramp goes after opponents, we are sure of it. If you were anti something he did or said, you'd be an opponent.
It's your side that calls him a dictator worse than Hitler. You must really be ignorant or mentally challenged to want to disarm citizens when you have a fear of a leader that acts like Hitler in your sides mind.

Why he doesn't have one, he uses his mouth and the courts. Also, I'm willing to let you keep your guns and a 10 bullet magazine.
Why don't who have what?
lol you have no say what so ever as to what I have
Hell my wife said I had enough guns went the next day bought four more laid them on the dinner table and told her to say that again.
You nor the government will stop me from having what I feel I need I can make them as easily as buy them.

I doubt tramp even has shot a gun or a rifle, and he uses his mouth and the court. Better watch it, your liable to get divorced. How many weapons do you need, are you able to shoot 2 at a time. LOL
Again I'm one of his supporters you are part of the resistance who do you believe he'll send people after you or me?

Correct.

"I need guns to resist government tyranny" is also an ignorant, idiotic argument – devoid of fact and merit.
At least Trumps not sending anyone after his supporters those in the resistance might have some concerns to take care of.

At least you know the right's gun control arguments are all selfish.
Trumps sending people after you of the resistance

So you admit tramp goes after opponents, we are sure of it. If you were anti something he did or said, you'd be an opponent.
It's your side that calls him a dictator worse than Hitler. You must really be ignorant or mentally challenged to want to disarm citizens when you have a fear of a leader that acts like Hitler in your sides mind.

Why he doesn't have one, he uses his mouth and the courts. Also, I'm willing to let you keep your guns and a 10 bullet magazine.
Why don't who have what?
lol you have no say what so ever as to what I have
Hell my wife said I had enough guns went the next day bought four more laid them on the dinner table and told her to say that again.
You nor the government will stop me from having what I feel I need I can make them as easily as buy them.

I doubt tramp even has shot a gun or a rifle, and he uses his mouth and the court. Better watch it, your liable to get divorced. How many weapons do you need, are you able to shoot 2 at a time. LOL

What does Trump have to do with his post?
What anti trumpers don't realize they can't call Trump a dictator and compare him to Hitler and be antigun. It shows just out of touch they are with reality

Forum List

Back