open-civil-investigation

I want to know if the other ratings agencies are also under investigation, and I want to know why now after nearly 3 years? Supposedly the civil investigation was started before the downgrade, well how much before? Was the Obama administration using the threat of an investigation to preclude an adverse action on S&P's part? I don't think we've heard the whole story yet.

I want to know if the other ratings agencies are also under investigation, and I want to know why now after nearly 3 years? Supposedly the civil investigation was started before the downgrade, well how much before? Was the Obama administration using the threat of an investigation to preclude an adverse action on S&P's part? I don't think we've heard the whole story yet.

In all honesty, I don't think the DOJ and the White House is this stupid...just about everyone who first seen the headlines today raised an eyebrow...so why would they not wait a few months and then they could claim with a straight face that it is just a coincidence.
Having said that....the Obama administration is one of the most arrogant is a loooong time, and certainly has shown to jump into things too soon (duh). So it is not out of the realm of possibility that the two are related...meaning...sure the DOJ and FBI may have very well been looking into this, in fact I would say ot would be unforgivable if they haven't - buuut the timing of the announcement is...well...a tad odoriferous.

In all honesty, I don't think the DOJ and the White House is this stupid...just about everyone who first seen the headlines today raised an eyebrow...so why would they not wait a few months and then they could claim with a straight face that it is just a coincidence.
Having said that....the Obama administration is one of the most arrogant is a loooong time, and certainly has shown to jump into things too soon (duh). So it is not out of the realm of possibility that the two are related...meaning...sure the DOJ and FBI may have very well been looking into this, in fact I would say ot would be unforgivable if they haven't - buuut the timing of the announcement is...well...a tad odoriferous.

I hear you, but doing stupid things are not unknown for these guys. The program to allow seeling guns to the drug cartels in Mexicao comes to mind.

Italy raided S&P and Moody's offices after their downgrade.

Where's that thread?

So what if it's "politically motivated".

Don't we have a right to know what motives they may have for their actions?

Forum List

Back