Open challenge to explain new TSA policy.

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
The TSA is checking drinks that are sold by federally approved vendors in federally inspected airports. My explanation, they are assholes who are hassling people in order to justify their existence. If anyone can provide a rational explanation beyond the TSA being power hungry jerks I will let them pick my avatar for a week.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8qpKOz-6N4"]TSA Wants To Test Your Drinks[/ame]

If the TSA wants to test drinks.... they can damn well buy them on their own....

Do you really think i would drink something after they have tested it? Oh hell no... that drink would become contaminated garbage.

If the TSA wants to test drinks.... they can damn well buy them on their own....

Do you really think i would drink something after they have tested it? Oh hell no... that drink would become contaminated garbage.

Clearly showing the purpose of their presence is to get you to buy another drink. It seems that large parts of the new TSA inspections are designed to promote sales of travel size items, and to limit the presence of food and drinks not sold by the airlines.

Ever since discovering the benefits of train travel I do not take the airlines at all. No TSA inspections. Power outlets in coach. Seats that recline and have legroom in coach. You can get up whenever you want, and they have dining cars and food. You can bring your own food. You can bring a shitload of luggage. On some trips you can take your car, and they have sleeper cars for long trips. There are people in a better mood. It also takes much more to cancel train trips as it does to cancel flights, and if you are late for a stopover Amtrack can print you a new ticket on the train you are traveling on, or if you want you can go to the ticket counter when you arrive and easily get a new ticket there. Oh, and after you consider the convoluted travel system of stopovers for plane trips the train becomes about the same time on trips less than 12 hours.

Clearly showing the purpose of their presence is to get you to buy another drink. It seems that large parts of the new TSA inspections are designed to promote sales of travel size items, and to limit the presence of food and drinks not sold by the airlines.

Ever since discovering the benefits of train travel I do not take the airlines at all. No TSA inspections. Power outlets in coach. Seats that recline and have legroom in coach. You can get up whenever you want, and they have dining cars and food. You can bring your own food. You can bring a shitload of luggage. On some trips you can take your car, and they have sleeper cars for long trips. There are people in a better mood. It also takes much more to cancel train trips as it does to cancel flights, and if you are late for a stopover Amtrack can print you a new ticket on the train you are traveling on, or if you want you can go to the ticket counter when you arrive and easily get a new ticket there. Oh, and after you consider the convoluted travel system of stopovers for plane trips the train becomes about the same time on trips less than 12 hours.

You must not travel often, the TSA is moving into train stations all across the country.

I am thankful I do not live in the US, as every time I chose to fly I would be viewed as a potential terrorist, and not a regular citizen taking a flight.
I think the TSA has way too much power, and testing drinks is just yet another way they hold power over ordinary Americans.
I understand wanting to be cautious, given 9/11 and all that, but this simply goes too far. When the privacy of the people is being invaded, then there is a problem.

You must not travel often, the TSA is moving into train stations all across the country.

I have seen them there, but I have not had to go through all the crap like on the plane. In the case of the train there are actually heavily armed military people in places like penn station. They are just there as a presence, they do not seem to do anything. I don't even think I go through a metal detector to get on a train. Seriously, I have brought a nice amount of pot on my carry on in a train and had no problem, and I have had other bad substances with me on the train. I like being high on the train. I would have never tried that will all the X-rays and searches on flights.

As for how recent it has been, I do not travel as much as some people, but it has been within the year. If the airlines are bugging you consider the train. I am saying it is a hell of a lot easier, and the airlines fuck with your shit so much. Most of the time on the train when I travel I keep my luggage with me so there is no chance of losing it, but they do have storage if i need. even if the TSA is in the train stations it certainly is nothing like the airports. Give the train a chance, it is better. It is not just better, it is a truly relaxing and enjoyable way to travel, but it is longer than a flight in the long distances.

Don't bet on that, the TSA is expanding exponentially into all modes of transportation.

TSA screenings aren't just for airports anymore - Los Angeles Times

I hope they get some drinks splashed in their fucking faces. :clap2::clap2::clap2: :clap2::clap2::clap2: :clap2::clap2::clap2:

I think they should buy their own drinks if they are thirsty, and leave mine alone. Cheap SOB's. :D

Tough talk from the so called Liberty Loving", resident USMB "Conservatives".

If TSA were to approach you and ask to test your drinks you'd fall to your knees and obey like the good little serfs that you are.

And when they're done you'll say; "Thank you for keeping us safe".

This is Prisoner Training.

I have seen them there, but I have not had to go through all the crap like on the plane. In the case of the train there are actually heavily armed military people in places like penn station. They are just there as a presence, they do not seem to do anything. I don't even think I go through a metal detector to get on a train. Seriously, I have brought a nice amount of pot on my carry on in a train and had no problem, and I have had other bad substances with me on the train. I like being high on the train. I would have never tried that will all the X-rays and searches on flights.

As for how recent it has been, I do not travel as much as some people, but it has been within the year. If the airlines are bugging you consider the train. I am saying it is a hell of a lot easier, and the airlines fuck with your shit so much. Most of the time on the train when I travel I keep my luggage with me so there is no chance of losing it, but they do have storage if i need. even if the TSA is in the train stations it certainly is nothing like the airports. Give the train a chance, it is better. It is not just better, it is a truly relaxing and enjoyable way to travel, but it is longer than a flight in the long distances.

The TSA thinks you should go through everything you go through to get on a plane if you want to drive your car across town. If we ever get those old fashioned high speed trains that Obama wants you can be sure the TSA will be there to make sure you remember them.

The TSA is checking drinks that are sold by federally approved vendors in federally inspected airports. My explanation, they are assholes who are hassling people in order to justify their existence. If anyone can provide a rational explanation beyond the TSA being power hungry jerks I will let them pick my avatar for a week.

TSA Wants To Test Your Drinks

Well lets play Devils Advocate for a Moment here, since the TSA is so universally hated.

Say you are a Terrorist, with access to the Liquid Explosives we all know exist. What better way to get them on to a plane, than to Carry them into the Airport in a baggy concealed on your person, them slip them into a Beverage Container sold at the Airport, counting on the Airport to not worry about it, because they sold it?

Just saying.

It's really easy to Second guess these guys, but they only get to Fuck up once. Just once if they let some Wacko with a Liquid Bomb onto to a plane and he brings it down, and the Whole fucking country will come down on their heads and hang them for it.

Last edited:

Well lets play Devils Advocate for a Moment here, since the TSA is so universally hated.

Say you are a Terrorist, with access to the Liquid Explosives we all know exist. What better way to get them on to a plane, than to Carry them into the Airport in a baggy concealed on your person, them slip them into a Beverage Container sold at the Airport, counting on the Airport to not worry about it, because they sold it?

Just saying.

It's really easy to Second guess these guys, but they only get to Fuck up once. Just once if they let some Wacko with a Liquid Bomb onto to a plane and he brings it down, and the Whole fucking country will come down on their heads and hang them for it.

That almost made sense.

Let us assume that a terrorist actually went to the trouble of putting said liquid explosive into a baggie and hiding it somewhere instead of splitting it up into multiple bottles of less than 3 ounces each and simply carrying it through the checkpoint that way, why would he then buy a beverage and risk discovery by transferring the explosive to the new container instead of simply keeping it in the already hidden baggie?

Being a TSA agent is very boring. All they have to amuse themselves is humiliating others. They have tiny little lives where they are powerless. But, when they come to work, they can enjoy having power over others. Maybe that person they are ordering around is a CEO, or someone else's boss, maybe he or she represents the teacher that gave them a bad grade or the jock who gave them a wedgie. It feels good to be able to make someone else do what you tell them to do and take any kind of treatment you decide to hand out. Then still have a sense of gratitude that they made it through.

Just saying.

That almost made sense.

Let us assume that a terrorist actually went to the trouble of putting said liquid explosive into a baggie and hiding it somewhere instead of splitting it up into multiple bottles of less than 3 ounces each and simply carrying it through the checkpoint that way, why would he then buy a beverage and risk discovery by transferring the explosive to the new container instead of simply keeping it in the already hidden baggie?

Good point.

I work at an airport. I can assure you, if some terrorist wanted to do so, they wouldn't need to deal with the TSA or security checkpoints, or anything else of the sort. Many of the people typically employed at airports are low-skill workers paid slightly more than minimum wage and many of whom are not US citizens, being green-card legals. Depending on where the airport is will determine the origin of most of these workers. The TSA workers can often be found in their break room, playing cards, reading books, and sleeping. They did not originally have a break room, but many of the other workers complained about them sleeping under the ticket counters...

Forum List

Back