Open carry firearms.. Our 2nd amendment right!!

JD_2B

Little Vixen
Sep 23, 2009
Nunya, Wudjathink
It is a right to bear arms.. Not a privilege that you "retain" only "if" you follow all the rules all the time, or one that you should lose AFTER you have paid your penance to society by spending time in jail.

I do not believe that carrying a weapon is a trait that people should have to get a permit for, because they have to hide the weapon somehow, based on the ever-growing laundry list of legislation that has very much infringed on our right to bear arms.

A well regulated militia means the GOVERNMENT, and in regulating that, THE PEOPLE, which the 2nd amendment states very clearly, have the right to bear arms.

"Due process" does not include state or federal legislation that would make gun ownership, especially open carry, illegal or criminal.

Concealed carry is a different issue. At least with open carry, people know in advance that you are packing heat. To be allowed to carry a concealed weapon, and therefore be "sneaky".. that I agree- should continue to be a permitting designation.

To be clear- I am against parole. I think parole is a good program, but if we are going to release people for good behavior, work achieved, and other noble deeds, proving that the convicted prisoner is rehabilitated, then why even mess around with a parole system? Let them out and set them free. Its not fair to a parolee that they cannot have a gun.

It is also not fair that someone who has been served an order for protection of an accuser, should also suddenly lose their rights to carry a deadly weapon.. and people who are released and awaiting trial, also..
What happened to "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law"??

And as for the people who are mentally ill.. For God's sake, don't the sick ones have guardians? And the ones who aren't too sick to go to school, work, etc.. well guess what? If they want to go around killing everyone in sight in a fit of psychosis, they WILL find a way. Outlawing guns results in only the outlaws having guns.

I do not care so much about the "unsafe" aspect of it. I realize this will result in more shootings and very likely a lot more accidental homicides..

But it will also DRASTICALLY reduce the amount of overall violent crime, as well as theft that occurs in this country on a daily basis..

Who's going to even CONSIDER fucking with you, if you have a .45 pistol strapped to your side.

Cops suck. I say BUY A GUN.

It is a right to bear arms.. Not a privilege that you "retain" only "if" you follow all the rules all the time, or one that you should lose AFTER you have paid your penance to society by spending time in jail.

I do not believe that carrying a weapon is a trait that people should have to get a permit for, because they have to hide the weapon somehow, based on the ever-growing laundry list of legislation that has very much infringed on our right to bear arms.

A well regulated militia means the GOVERNMENT, and in regulating that, THE PEOPLE, which the 2nd amendment states very clearly, have the right to bear arms.

"Due process" does not include state or federal legislation that would make gun ownership, especially open carry, illegal or criminal.

Concealed carry is a different issue. At least with open carry, people know in advance that you are packing heat. To be allowed to carry a concealed weapon, and therefore be "sneaky".. that I agree- should continue to be a permitting designation.

To be clear- I am against parole. I think parole is a good program, but if we are going to release people for good behavior, work achieved, and other noble deeds, proving that the convicted prisoner is rehabilitated, then why even mess around with a parole system? Let them out and set them free. Its not fair to a parolee that they cannot have a gun.

It is also not fair that someone who has been served an order for protection of an accuser, should also suddenly lose their rights to carry a deadly weapon.. and people who are released and awaiting trial, also..

And as for the people who are mentally ill.. For God's sake, don't the sick ones have guardians? And the ones who aren't too sick to go to school, work, etc.. well guess what? If they want to go around killing everyone in sight in a fit of psychosis, they WILL find a way. Outlawing guns results in only the outlaws having guns.

I do not care so much about the "unsafe" aspect of it. I realize this will result in more shootings and very likely a lot more accidental homicides..

But it will also DRASTICALLY reduce the amount of overall violent crime, as well as theft that occurs in this country on a daily basis..

Who's going to even CONSIDER fucking with you, if you have a .45 pistol strapped to your side.

female-doctor-giving_~x23258041.jpg

I knew there were Libertarians lurking around here somewhere.

Anyway, there is no right in the US that is not subject to restriction. None. Firearms should not be an exception. Felons and parolees often have many other conditions attached, so prison is not the end of their sentence. Michael Miliken cannot work in the securities business for the rest of his life. A child sex offender cannot work around kids. And a person who is a felon can not and should not own a gun.
That said, I think anyone who is not prohibited ought to be able to open carry a firearm anywhere in the country. This recognizes the idea of a right, which by definition cannot require a permit.

As of this moment in time, the 2nds AM's clause of an individual right to possess a firearm has NOT been incorporated to apply to the states, it is currently before the High court.

Whose going to fuck with you? Well, moron, maybe the guy with the scoped deer rifle 200 yards away.

Whose going to fuck with you? Well, moron, maybe the guy with the scoped deer rifle 200 yards away.

That'd be me.

And I'm focusing on you right now. Not her.

2004_the_bourne_supremacy_wallpaper_002.jpg

Yep, that happens all the time. :cuckoo:

Isn't the guy with the scoped deer rifle concerned about the dude in the M1A1 tank hiding behind the Barnes & Noble? :rolleyes:

Go back and try again.

Last edited:
Just last night my wife rushed in from our back deck at midnight and told me that two men had just walked around the corner of the house and laughed at her when she told them to get the fuck off the property. I stormed out with my hand on my pistol grip behind my back and told them they had two seconds to turn around and leave or they'd be shot legally. I counted to "one" and they were already running.

They never even saw the gun.

Cops are for placing criminals in jail. Guns are for stopping criminals before they can act.

The second amendment took into account that throughout history, the most dangerous criminals have been government. Don't let them take it away from us. Gun control led to Stalinism, Maoists, and the Nazi regime in Germany.

We all know the history. The question is "How many of us are too fucking stupid or naive to stand up and prevent it from happening again?"

And that's the long and the short of it.

The police, God bless them, are reactive.

An armed citizen is proactive.

A citizen with an open carry firearm is a deterrent.

Last edited:

Yeah and maybe for that we should all have mines placed strategically, or F-15 fighter planes, etc..

Hey- you are more than welcome to even put a sign up in your yard saying "Brady Supporter- No guns here!!"

As for me, I have always found myself sitting much safer and happier in life, letting everyone know that I am armed and willing. People get SO civil all of a sudden when they find out you have a pair.

Yeah and maybe for that we should all have mines placed strategically, or F-15 fighter planes, etc..

Hey- you are more than welcome to even put a sign up in your yard saying "Brady Supporter- No guns here!!"

As for me, I have always found myself sitting much safer and happier in life, letting everyone know that I am armed and willing. People get SO civil all of a sudden when they find out you have a pair.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I wonder if mudwhistle agrees with you...he doesn't think that muslims should be allowed to have weapons.

And that's the long and the short of it.

T he police, God bless them,d are reactive.

An armed citizen is proactiave.

A citizen withh an open carry firearm is a deterrent.

We have a little bit of a plan at our house for any threatening circumstances. I hold 'em off with the pistol while my wife grabs the shotgun. It's a semi-auto with extended mag and laser sight so she has tactical advantage over anything in close quarters except for a fully automatic submachine gun. Last night was the first time we used the plan it but it feels good to know that we can defend ourselves.

“When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

In 1764, Marquis Cesare Beccaria published On Crimes and Punishments, the founding document of modern criminal science. In it he wrote:”The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Can it be supposed that those who have the courage to violate the most sacred laws of humanity, the most important of the code, will respect the less important and arbitrary ones, which can be violated with ease and impunity, and which, if strictly obeyed, would put an end to personal liberty —so dear to men, so dear to the enlightened legislator— and subject innocent persons to all the vexations that the guilty alone ought to suffer? Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”

Both John Adams and Thomas Jefferson were familiar with Beccaria’s work.

Now, as far as who the 'militia' is...

George Mason, Father of the Bill of Rights:"I ask, Who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers." (Jonathan Elliot, The Debates of the Several State Conventions on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution, [NY: Burt Franklin,1888] p.425-6)

The Constitution gave Congress the power to raise and support a national army, and to organize “the Militia.” This is because an army didn’t naturally exist, while “the Militia” only had to be organized: it always existed. (See enumerated powers in Article 1,Section 8.)
The Supreme Court, in US v. Miller, (1939) “…militia system…implied the general obligation of all adult male inhabitants to possess arms, and, with certain exceptions, to cooperate in the work of defence.” It concluded that the militia was primarily civilians.

Today, federal law defines “the militia of the United States” to include all able-bodied males from 17 to 45 andmembers of the National Guard up to age 64, but excluding those who have no intention of becoming citizens, and active military personnel. (US Code Title 10, sect. 311-313)

In a similar vein:

The Founding Fathers on the Second Amendment.

When the resolution of enslaving America was formed in Great Britain, the British Parliament was advised by an artful man, who was governor of Pennsylvania, to disarm the people; that it was the best and most effectual way to enslave them; but that they should not do it openly, but weaken them, and let them sink gradually. . . .
The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves;... that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed and that they are entitled to freedom of person, freedom of religion, freedom of property, and freedom of press.
And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. .
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
- Thomas Jefferson
Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any bands of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States. .
Arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and the plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. The balance of power is the scale of peace. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not others dare not lay them aside. .
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.
Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.
"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who comes near that precious jewel. Unfortunately, nothing
will preserve it but downright force. When you give up that force, you are ruined.

“When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

In 1764, Marquis Cesare Beccaria published On Crimes and Punishments, the founding document of modern criminal science. In it he wrote:”The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Can it be supposed that those who have the courage to violate the most sacred laws of humanity, the most important of the code, will respect the less important and arbitrary ones, which can be violated with ease and impunity, and which, if strictly obeyed, would put an end to personal liberty —so dear to men, so dear to the enlightened legislator— and subject innocent persons to all the vexations that the guilty alone ought to suffer? Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”

Both John Adams and Thomas Jefferson were familiar with Beccaria’s work.

Now, as far as who the 'militia' is...

George Mason, Father of the Bill of Rights:"I ask, Who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers." (Jonathan Elliot, The Debates of the Several State Conventions on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution, [NY: Burt Franklin,1888] p.425-6)

The Constitution gave Congress the power to raise and support a national army, and to organize “the Militia.” This is because an army didn’t naturally exist, while “the Militia” only had to be organized: it always existed. (See enumerated powers in Article 1,Section 8.)
The Supreme Court, in US v. Miller, (1939) “…militia system…implied the general obligation of all adult male inhabitants to possess arms, and, with certain exceptions, to cooperate in the work of defence.” It concluded that the militia was primarily civilians.

Today, federal law defines “the militia of the United States” to include all able-bodied males from 17 to 45 andmembers of the National Guard up to age 64, but excluding those who have no intention of becoming citizens, and active military personnel. (US Code Title 10, sect. 311-313)

Absolutely! :)
I was (really) just saying that even if someone wanted to redefine the 2nd as meaning that the militia is government, then the people's rights to bear arms is adequately covered as a checks and balances system over governmental control.

Good post! :clap2:

I can't wait until the Supreme court decides the McDonald v. Chicago case. If that one turns in our favor as it should we might actually gain some ground on nationwide carry. It will be the first post-Sotomayor test for the Supreme Court concearning 2nd Amendent issues.

I can't wait until the Supreme court decides the McDonald v. Chicago case. If that one turns in our favor as it should we might actually gain some ground on nationwide carry. It will be the first post-Sotomayor test for the Supreme Court concearning 2nd Amendent issues.

That case being found for McDonald would be AWESOME because it could overturn the slaughterhouse ruling of 1873 that made the 14th amendment apply the bill of rights to the respective states. =)
Let's hope this one is a landmark..

:clap2:

Just last night my wife rushed in from our back deck at midnight and told me that two men had just walked around the corner of the house and laughed at her when she told them to get the fuck off the property. I stormed out with my hand on my pistol grip behind my back and told them they had two seconds to turn around and leave or they'd be shot legally. I counted to "one" and they were already running.

They never even saw the gun.

Cops are for placing criminals in jail. Guns are for stopping criminals before they can act.

The second amendment took into account that throughout history, the most dangerous criminals have been government. Don't let them take it away from us. Gun control led to Stalinism, Maoists, and the Nazi regime in Germany.

We all know the history. The question is "How many of us are too fucking stupid or naive to stand up and prevent it from happening again?"

Gun control doesn't always lead to Stalinism/Maoism/Nazism. In fact it's entirely possible that the theories behind those systems preceded any notion of gun control. Anyway, my jurisdiction has gun control and it's not going nutso any time soon.

Sometimes it's useful to put an argument for something without a resort to hysterical claims.

Forum List

Back