Open carry firearms.. Our 2nd amendment right!!

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by JD_2B, Nov 8, 2009.

1. JD_2B

JD_2B Little Vixen

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +118
    It is a right to bear arms.. Not a privilege that you "retain" only "if" you follow all the rules all the time, or one that you should lose AFTER you have paid your penance to society by spending time in jail.

I do not believe that carrying a weapon is a trait that people should have to get a permit for, because they have to hide the weapon somehow, based on the ever-growing laundry list of legislation that has very much infringed on our right to bear arms.

A well regulated militia means the GOVERNMENT, and in regulating that, THE PEOPLE, which the 2nd amendment states very clearly, have the right to bear arms.

"Due process" does not include state or federal legislation that would make gun ownership, especially open carry, illegal or criminal.

Concealed carry is a different issue. At least with open carry, people know in advance that you are packing heat. To be allowed to carry a concealed weapon, and therefore be "sneaky".. that I agree- should continue to be a permitting designation.

To be clear- I am against parole. I think parole is a good program, but if we are going to release people for good behavior, work achieved, and other noble deeds, proving that the convicted prisoner is rehabilitated, then why even mess around with a parole system? Let them out and set them free. Its not fair to a parolee that they cannot have a gun.

It is also not fair that someone who has been served an order for protection of an accuser, should also suddenly lose their rights to carry a deadly weapon.. and people who are released and awaiting trial, also..
    What happened to "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law"??

And as for the people who are mentally ill.. For God's sake, don't the sick ones have guardians? And the ones who aren't too sick to go to school, work, etc.. well guess what? If they want to go around killing everyone in sight in a fit of psychosis, they WILL find a way. Outlawing guns results in only the outlaws having guns.

I do not care so much about the "unsafe" aspect of it. I realize this will result in more shootings and very likely a lot more accidental homicides..

But it will also DRASTICALLY reduce the amount of overall violent crime, as well as theft that occurs in this country on a daily basis..

Who's going to even CONSIDER fucking with you, if you have a .45 pistol strapped to your side.

Cops suck. I say BUY A GUN.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Contumacious

Contumacious Radical Freedom

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,859
    [​IMG]

3. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,215
    I knew there were Libertarians lurking around here somewhere.

Anyway, there is no right in the US that is not subject to restriction. None. Firearms should not be an exception. Felons and parolees often have many other conditions attached, so prison is not the end of their sentence. Michael Miliken cannot work in the securities business for the rest of his life. A child sex offender cannot work around kids. And a person who is a felon can not and should not own a gun.
    That said, I think anyone who is not prohibited ought to be able to open carry a firearm anywhere in the country. This recognizes the idea of a right, which by definition cannot require a permit.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. lawbuff

lawbuff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30
    As of this moment in time, the 2nds AM's clause of an individual right to possess a firearm has NOT been incorporated to apply to the states, it is currently before the High court.

5. Missourian

Missourian Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,124
  6. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,189
    Whose going to fuck with you? Well, moron, maybe the guy with the scoped deer rifle 200 yards away.

7. RadiomanATL

RadiomanATL Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,836
    That'd be me.

And I'm focusing on you right now. Not her.

[​IMG]

8. Missourian

Missourian Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,124

Yep, that happens all the time. :cuckoo:

Isn't the guy with the scoped deer rifle concerned about the dude in the M1A1 tank hiding behind the Barnes & Noble? :rolleyes:

Go back and try again.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  9. Shorebreak

Shorebreak Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +102
    Just last night my wife rushed in from our back deck at midnight and told me that two men had just walked around the corner of the house and laughed at her when she told them to get the fuck off the property. I stormed out with my hand on my pistol grip behind my back and told them they had two seconds to turn around and leave or they'd be shot legally. I counted to "one" and they were already running.

They never even saw the gun.

Cops are for placing criminals in jail. Guns are for stopping criminals before they can act.

The second amendment took into account that throughout history, the most dangerous criminals have been government. Don't let them take it away from us. Gun control led to Stalinism, Maoists, and the Nazi regime in Germany.

We all know the history. The question is "How many of us are too fucking stupid or naive to stand up and prevent it from happening again?"

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
  10. Missourian

Missourian Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,124
    And that's the long and the short of it.

The police, God bless them, are reactive.

An armed citizen is proactive.

A citizen with an open carry firearm is a deterrent.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009